Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:18:44 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death  (Read 71982 times)
snickr@hotmail.com
« on: November 06, 1998, 10:10:45 PM »

Bad movie!!! This is a one of the great movies of all time.  How did the oscar committee miss this one?  "Cannibal Women..." is one of my ten favorite movies ever.  A true classic that will stand the test of time.
RickB52@aol-dot-com
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 1999, 04:35:04 AM »

Bad movie or intentionally camp? I opt for the latter. <a href="http://members.tripod.com/~FredrikPersson/open.html">One source</a> says the movie's writer is billed as J.D. Athens, a pseudonym for J.F. Lawton, who also wrote "Pretty Woman," and who is currently working on the camp action parody "V.I.P." TV series starring Pamela Anderson.
Nekkidman
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 1999, 08:54:36 PM »

Does this crappy movie really deserve this much attention?  What the hell was Bill Mahr thinking when he did this turkey?  I've only seen this one on cable.  There would have to be a hell of a lot of nudity to make me sit through this film again.
hiker.yote@iname.com
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 1999, 01:40:25 AM »

Just felt like saying, this movie caused a considerable and long lasting stench on my university campus back in 1992.  The Soc/Anth Society wanted to show it as a fundraiser... the radical feminist element on campus took umbrage... and a war that lasted a year and rampaged across the letters page of our student newspaper AND the local news ensued. All for this movie.

Behold, the power of Cheese.
rosie@ihug.co.nz
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 1999, 02:17:11 AM »

Feminism and avocado dip....sounds like Fraulein Maria singing about My Favourite Things.  This should be on every Z-grade film-loving feminist's must-see list.
a.moreno@mindspring.com
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2000, 08:50:10 PM »

This is one of the funniest films I have ever seen. I've never thought it should be included in a list of bad films to avoid,or that it was bad through ineptness.It's INTENTIONALLY bad--that's what makes it so funny. The dialogue is hysterical--Adrienne Barbeau's comment about Bill Maher "looking a little marinated" is priceless,and Maher does a hilarious caricature of a supermacho stud.
Paul H.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2000, 11:24:42 AM »

Very Good Film.  7 out of ten.

The actors act very poorly with much skill and harmony.  Its cheap and bland,  But it is very well tied together and seamless cheap and bland.  If you are going to not put any effort in to a movie, might as well not put any effort into a movie right.  "You" (meaning anyone) and your friends could never make something this good.  Bill Mahr or Shannon Tweed wouldn't even give us the time of day.  (kiss the directors and producers feet for this film)
Yamara
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2000, 06:31:00 PM »

I loved this movie! It was so incredibly stupid that it was hilarious. The acting was horrible. But I think it was intentional, and it turned out great in the end [for some reason...]
Lily Pomona
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Yes, the writer/director really is J.F. Lawton, screenwriter of "Pretty Woman," "Under Siege," and executive producer of V.I.P.  How do I know?  Because I was there.
Ebert
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2000, 03:11:55 PM »

I give this movie two thumbs up. If I had any more thumbs I would give it more. One of the classic pieces of American film and destined to go into the archives of campy movies.
Not much of this film was wasted or left on the cutting room floor, and that is a blessing for all us B movie watchers.
http://cybertoad.com
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2000, 08:47:00 AM »

Hey I have questions About this Movie ?
Concerned Viewer:
Hey is this why Bill Mahr didnt make anymore movies ?
Is this why he is doomed to be on Cable for ever?
Is this Why "B" movies are the only place you can buy cheese ?
Will Batman and the Boy Wonder ever wear Boxers?

Was this one of the Videos Thas was Sold on a BetaMax in the stores?
Was This the Movie that Launched Adrienne Barbeau's carreer to such great hits as CREEPSHOW ?
Will I stop asking Questions About This Movie ?

Long Live The "B's"

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2000, 08:30:20 PM »

It was hard to belive, I like moves that could be true. Come on who would name a jungle after an Avocardo. Other than that I can see the hole move working in real life.

It rocks. Keep it up.
NohraCecilia
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie shows us how North American women want to take the men's role today. That is what they really would like to do...being the bosses, trying to be stronger than men and hiding their femininism behing a strong cold character.  
DigginIt
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This was one of the first movies I remember watching and truly enjoying - it started a long relationship with movies that has blossomed into more than just puppy love...though I have graduated onto more advanced studies of film, I can't help but feel that tingle all over again everytime I hear Bill Mahr say "Hey, Baby! Wanna go for a ride in my Vette?" Oooohhhh...tingles...
V_Death
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2001, 02:39:41 PM »

THIS is the best movie ever made!!!  Bill Mahr is a misunderstood genius of understated acting - so understated it deos not look like he knows how to act. Shannon Tweed is a role model for women everywhere - with her staggering intellect and bountiful, er, bountiful, uh..... Oh, what the hell, her amazing cleavage.  I salute the producers of this work of cinematic art.  A Masterpiece.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.