Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:00:28 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death  (Read 71978 times)
E. M. Burke
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2001, 03:06:17 PM »

I watch this movie every time I get home sick for San Bernardino. The last time I saw it was twelve years ago. But where is the smog? How did they import so much clean air for production?
Vasquez
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Lost women tribes speak French? Coolness! ;)
How come this movie never was exported?????

Jerome, from France...
Phil
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

As much as I fall over laughing whenever I watch this film (nothing beats the barroom dialog clip that used to grace this humble site) I must disagree with you Avocado-heads who think this is one of the best films ever made - obviously you've never seen Maher in PIZZAMAN, where his over-the-top Bogart imitation sends me into spasms of laughter.  When I first saw it, I was travelling on business with a clearly humor-impaired co-worker who couldn't pull himself away from it, either.
avantard
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I CANNOT believe that it is not mentioned on the review page or the comments page that this is an obvious parody of Apocalypse Now and Heart of Darkness. Oh maybe it's so obvious everyoenelse felt no need to mention it? SHEESH! Her name is KURTZ fer god sakes!
big jim
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

T:his movie sucks!  And I'm not talking about the women.  Can you say, "Politically Incorrect?"
Chris1
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2001, 10:06:44 PM »

I hated this stupid movie I watched it on HBO and it sucks. The only good things about this movie is Shannon Tweed and that girl who played Bunny. she was on that show that was on FOX called Beans Baxter and in that RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES. I just wondered what happen to her were is she now?
lostmissy
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Bunny is played by Ms Karen Mistal . She is also noted for playing the role of Tara in "return of the Killer tomatoes" playing pretty much the same character (I'm not knocking her, I like both movies!) Here last movie to date was "Space Cowboys" which was a change of pace...
Slartibartfast
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie ROCKS!  Obviously one of Bill Maher's most shining moments.  The acting is superb, the plotline eminently believable, and not a logic flaw to be found!

Just kidding, obviously.  I only wish no one else knew of this movie so that I could blackmail Mr. Maher with my first (only?) release copy.

If you liked PizzaMan, you'll love this movie.
If you like avacadoes, you'll love this movie.
If you like big boobs, you'll love this movie.
If you like *realism*, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
T.J. Norton
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film is worthy of Maher's political correctness busting (no pun intended) credentials. This campy chunk succeeds in telling the She God Feminists to get over themselves. The women in the film deserve credit for being willing to comically portray feminism's foibles while still aspiring to the liberating ideal that the movement was supposed to offer both genders in the first place.
This film laughs at the absurd idea that feminism's final triumph means a world without men. With tongue firmly in cheek, Maher lets it be known that the PC Divas have simply missed the boat.
T.J.
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just wanted to correct the previous poster who can't even spell, "New Yourk" correctly, yet he goes on to lecture us about world literature.
"Heart of Darkness" by Joesph Conrad is the story being spoofed in "Cannibal Women In The Avocado Jungle Of Death".
There is indeed a character named, "Kurtz", in "Heart Of Darkness". The other main character is named, Marlow. Bill Maher is loosly assuming the Marlow role in the movie.
"Apocalypse Now" was also based on "Heart Of Darkness" and the the name, "Kurtz", is borrowed in that movie as a tribute to Joseph Conrad.
Devon, it's obvious you don't read unless it's the instructions to a video game, but please don't attemp to pass off your ignorance as fact.

Are you drunk, Doooood?

T.J.
mike
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2003, 05:42:44 AM »

How can so many people just not get it? Watch TLC if you want realism.
Vanman
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this film a couple of years ago. Yes, it is a bad movie, but it's a GOOD bad movie. If I want realisim, I'd watch a documentary. This film is a good way to kill an hour and a half and be mildly entertained.
Madd
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I so love this movie ... it goes beyond love! I have it on DVD ... one of the few I care enough to buy ... along with Killer Klowns, Logan's Run, and Sundown: The Vampire In Retreat. B-Movies are teh rock!
lump516
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The movie seems to be deliberately dumb, in a smart sort of way, and the cast is a hoot.  The assumption is that Shannon Tweed is too pretty to be a good actress, but ever since I saw her in a very funny guest shot on CAGNEY AND LACEY (as the star of a TV cop show who makes life difficult for the main characters--of the actual TV cop show), I've liked her.  She's very funny here again, as the one reasonably sane, normal, brain-functioning person caught in a vortex of idiots, fanatics, bimbos, and worst of all--politicians.  Bill Maher is also pretty funny as the macho idiot she's forced to deal with, as is Adrienne Barbeau as the feminist cannibal.  If you never see this film, your life will not be poorer for it--but there are worse ways to waste a couple of hours . . .
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 04:29:04 PM »

This has got to be one of the funniest camp style movies I've seen, I finally watch it again after many years and it's still as funny now as it was then. True you have put up with the insufferable with Bill Maher, but in this rare case he is actually funny. And who, I ask who could like Bunny? She is the typical 80's airhead with a great body, what's not to like about that.
It is well worth adding to any collection.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.