Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:53:45 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Carnosaur « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Carnosaur  (Read 53042 times)
lastbreath@hotmail.com
« on: May 02, 1999, 02:07:56 AM »

A true classic. A hero amungst the mighty pantheon of DTV greats! "Carnosaur" will forever live on as one of my all time favorite movies. Right up there with "Return of the Living Dead 3," "Pumpkinhead 2," and "Warlock: The Armmegedon." As much praise as was lavished upon "Jurassic Park" "Carnosaur" stands up to repeated viewings and Taco Bell far better. And as an extra added bouns "Carnosaur" had REAL special effects. And they somehow managed to throw in a impressive and depressing as ass ending. All hail the demonization of fossilizied life forms... all hail "CARNOSAUR!"
Paul H. (haney.paul@mayo.edu)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2000, 11:45:51 AM »

The Carnosaur series is the Best three bad movies of all time.  (not counting The evil dead or The night of the living dead series as they are not true cheap and bad movies).

I love the mad scientist (I happen to be one myself; 12 years of college can make anyone insane), and the none happy ending.   7.5 out of 10   (4 green globs)  One point behind carnosaur 2 because those chickens at the begining freaked me out.
ebolamonk@yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2000, 10:02:54 AM »

I loved this movie.  And the two sequels.  Eat that, Jurassic Park.  And I highly recommend you guys check out the book by Harry Adam Knight.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the movie other than the name, but it came first and as did the movie version, the book also kicks Jurassic Park's ass.  You'll never find it in B Dalton, though.  You'll either have to order it, or as I did, just stumble across a copy in a discount book warehouse.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2000, 02:45:05 PM »

What a great movie!  Great acting, Great story, and fun FX.  The only movie I have seen that beats this epic dinosaur tour de fource is its sequel, Carnosaur 2.  Part 3 is also pretty good, but it can't compete with the first two films which are easily the two best movies, never mind dinosaur movies, ever made!!!!!  Long live Carnosaur!!!!!!
Daniel DiCenso
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2000, 08:23:09 AM »

Dear God!  I remember seeing this flick on cable.  The sheer
illogic of the virus and how the dinos are created would make a Vulcan scream and rant.

Otherwise decent cheesy movie, but the illogic about that virus...
Chris Nott
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hi-
As a true fan of the lovely Jennifer Runyon, it saddens me
that she was reduced from her greatness as
"Peter Venkman's Psychic Test Hottie" in the wonderful GHOSTBUSTERS (1984) to acting in the "suary" (heh heh) Piece of Krap known as CARNOSAUR (1993).  

Sadly, this was her last (that I know of) film role.  Anyone who knows where she is now, please drop me a line!  Won't rest until I find her!

thanks,
Chris Nott
Deena
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie was out of control.  The dinosaurs were hilarious!  I think my nephew plays with the same kind that that used in the movie.  And when the dinosaur comes up to the hippie and he says "Peace green brother" and then the dinosaur eats him, that's classic.
Mario Givens
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this one when i was 6, so i don't remember much. Everytime i see that Raptor eating that womans foot it weirds me out. I have seen the 2nd and 3rd Carnosaur films lately. I thought they were good B-list movies. The Tyrannosaurs are good in all the movies, even though their stance is wrong, but they are under used. If anyone would like to talk to me about any of these movies, feel free to email me.

- Mario.
Slayed by BUFFY
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 07:42:22 PM »

The only thing I can ever remember about this movie was that there was a preview of the first unreleased Fantastic Four movie on the VHS version.
Ezkexis
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2002, 10:37:05 PM »

Phat... I watched Carnosaur for the first time when I was 8 years old and by those times I thought it was cool but EVERYTHING sux in the movie, the specia deffects, the plot etc... but it has sentimental value... at least it was better than JP3
Slips
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

If anyone is interested in seeing THE WORST movie ever this has to be it.  No words can TRULY define the craptastic movie which is Carnosaur.  What makes it even worse is that it was made the same year as Jurassic Park, but the FX are about as good as a 1930's movie.  I mean, straight PUPPETS killing people, women giving birth to dinosaurs, remote controlled Tyco trucks vs the remote controlled T-Rex, and the list goes on.

This is the #1 worst movie I have ever seen, followed by Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, but Carnosaur beats those movies BY FAR on how horrible it is.
Candy
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I thought the movie would be good, but it sucked.  It had horrible effects, and I DID see the hand pulling the girls leg.  Did any of you catch that?  Did any of you catch the "disappearing act of the blood on her face"?  I did.  Its so stupid.
PL
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This really is a piece of crap. It's funny, cheesy, but Diane Ladd is really freaky...anyways, this is a lame movie just the way I like them on a cheese fest night with my friends!
I luv dolma
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

These dinos kick ass! Carnosaur goes down in my book as the creepest and most darkest dinosaur movie ever! Some people say the special effects suck but I don't care. That little green raptor alone kicks so much ass. It looked so awesome when it takes down those teenages in the jeep and those chained green-peace guys. But the big Rex looked a little too fake in some shots of the film. You can easily of told when it was a toy and when it was a life size model. This is definetly a cult classic. With plenty of laughs, gore, language, and just plain stupid fun! And I watch the trilogy(that I own on DVD) all the time.  
-Sakura-
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2003, 06:36:43 PM »

I saw the movie RAPTOR, and for the love of god, they took some of the parts from THIS movie and from Carnosaur 3 into Raptor. Its a total rip off..I should not have rented it..*twitches right eye*...arrgh..gah.....
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Carnosaur « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.