Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:47:29 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  City of the Walking Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: City of the Walking Dead  (Read 70413 times)
Jack Johnson
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I bought this movie for a couple of bucks at a used movie store. The only reason I bought it is because on the back cover of the box it mentioned Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. Yeah, I forgot the fact that every movie in the history of ever hypes up its content with a bunch of lies and some good pictures. The only thing I learned from this movie is that Italian zombies are the worst of all zombies. If you like bad movies this is the one for you. The ending is so bad it hurts. Also on the back of the box it says "Due to the graphic nature of the violence, as well as considerable nudity, this film is unsuitable for children." Let me add that it is also unsuitable for adults and aliens who want to be entertained. Let me sum up this movie classic in one sentence. I truly feel like I've wasted 90-minutes of my life.
jmc
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Strayed too far from the zombie "rules" for me, but I haven't seen it in a long time and maybe I should give it another try.  BTW, I think this is far worse than Hell of the Living Dead [aka Night of the Zombies.]  

Shane
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's incomprehensible to me that anyone could find this piece of garbage good. The zombies looked like burn victims, the main characters were 1 dimensional and unlikable in every way, the ending was just plain lame, and at times you could see the actual film crew and extras just hanging out on the set amidst the supposed chaos. I like watching bad movies for the unintentional humor, but this one is more like a Manos than a Plan 9.
Stefan
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 09:58:10 AM »

This movie was very funny, especailly the zombies :)
Stefan
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The scene in the studio was a very good one.
The story was very good.
The special effects could be a bit better.
The acting was bad, some of the actors were okay but the most were bad.
The zombies were funny.
The fact the reporter was able to escape from the airport and not one of the soldiers was the fact the soldiers just keep shooting untill they were dead. Also in the studio, Dean was just the lucky one he could reach the exit and take a car. Also in the hospital he knew what to do because he didn't panicking.
Master Blaster
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2004, 05:00:25 PM »

If you dont like this movie you probably dont like B-Movies, or you take zombie movies way too seriously. This is one of the best of the worst.
WitchKing
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Schlocky but lively.  Definitely not on par with "Day of The Dead" or Fulci's "City of the Living Dead", but not really meant to be either.  Taken for what it is--  a violent, completely gratuituous spaghetti gorefest-- it is enjoyable.  The zombies certainly are different and often quite fearsome.    I have to admit I did laugh hysterically when Laura Trotter plunged to her death from the helicopter.  File it next to "Hell of the Living Dead" and the later "Zombie" in-name-only sequels.
Joseph Ulibas
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Virus rules.  The original House of the Dead!  Zombies are radiated people who need blood to keep their bodies functioning.  The director in an interview stated that he wanted to do something different with the genre.  So he made the zombies very active and blood thirsty.  Umberto Lenzi a.k.a.
Bert Lenz wanted to show man tampering with the unknown (i.e. radioactive energy).  Shot in technoscope (2.35.1) he set out to make a movie that would rejuvinate the zombie genre.
The film was "shot" in english, the actors either mouth the dialog or spoke it phonetically (this was because they had to dub the movie in eight different languages).  Surprisingly this movie has a lot more depth to it than many of the italian horror films that were cranked out during that time.  Sadly, the horror movie industry has all but died due to strict censorship laws and a change in the market and political spectrum.

Higly recommended because of the cheese and gore factor.
Eagle
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2005, 09:10:02 AM »

One of the worst movies that supposed to be a zombie-movie. Story and acting is boring, boring, boring. So they put just lots of ugly splatter-effects in it. The zombies can run and use weapons like mps and guns. So I would call them just kinds of mutant beeings or so and not zombies. If you wanna watch a good zombie- or splatter-movie for a good video-party, just watch a movie of John Romero or maybe Lucio Fulci.
sam
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I bought this film on the internet it was called nightmare city and yeah is prety whack. I showed my girlfriend it who made me switch  it off at the 80's go go dancers getting hacked up and munched on hahaha what a classic
ton
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I never knew that this movie was italian no wonder their lips dont sync with what they say. Hey i watched this movie like 20 years ago when i was still a preschooler.(talk about parental guidance). and i can say it scared the hell out of me, brought nightmares, fed my brain about what zombies can really do... they rock! Theres a lot of errors in this but if you're looking for a good scare, less talk, more action, more kill spree, kill time then watch it.
Zack
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

my god...what can you say about this film...I mean Italian zombie schlock at it's apex.  

Has anyone ever noticed that the zombies in this don't look like rotting corpses so much as disinterested Italian guys with their faces smeared with excrement?

Hence why me and a friend of mine lovingly distinct this film from others in our zombie collection as "the Poopy-face Zombies"  

and come on...who can EVER get tired of watching the poopyfaces slaughter that GODDAM DANCE GROUP!!!?  

Chow down my fecal-faced friends...chow down
Kronz
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 09:01:57 PM »

I think there must be a lot missing from the City of the Walking Dead version.  My copy of Nightmare City has loads of gore and flesh and gorgeous av quality.  I like my garbage presented in the best possible quality!

It saddens me that people don't love this movie.  Pure hilarity all around.  I think Lenzi knew how bad it was going to be and just took it completely over the top to compensate.  Also, the music is wonderful.
Facer
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 12:44:05 PM »

This movie is known as "Invasión de los zombies atómicos" (Invasion of the atomic zombies) here in Mexico, and is one of the weirdest, crappiest films I've ever seen.

Lousy action and zombies that apparently are olympic athletes who feed on blood were too much to begin with, not to mention that all the rest of the film just sucks...

At least "City of the walking dead" sounds better as a title..
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 09:04:36 PM »

so wait, these zombies are like vampire zombies? TeddyR

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  City of the Walking Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.