Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:31:07 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  City of the Walking Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: City of the Walking Dead  (Read 70416 times)
« on: February 20, 1999, 05:33:31 PM »

One of the best horror films ever made. YES I´M SERIOUS! It scared the s**t out of me when I was a kid and now I´m nostalgic over it!
Whamontree@hotmail.com
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 1999, 02:53:04 PM »

I didn't think this movie was that bad.  I loved the zombies kicking butt!  And at least they explained why a zombie (a dead creature) eats living people.  One of the better Italian zombie movies.
BLum BLum
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 1999, 01:29:17 PM »

I gotta agree with the second guy,this movie is extremely nostalgic,I found the idea of SMART zombies that could use weapons and run kinda eerie,and the dream-becoming-reality ending was the scariest thing to me back then!
Ricky Tang
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie was weird, some times the zombie would attack and no blood at all, knife attacks and all and that made the movie funny, other times you add great gore effect?????

I wonder why the director didnt pay more attention to the special effects???
dcmetroswm@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2000, 11:00:16 AM »

Why is this film so under rated? It has great pace, pretty good gore.  A good example of campy
 Italian horror
goldfinger
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2000, 05:15:19 PM »

I have this movie and i find it to not be as bad as some people say.the gore isn't bad and the basic plot(although could have been better executed) is pretty cool.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2000, 10:38:32 AM »

I, as a fan of this type of horror, really found this movie to be pretty good, aside from all the gore, and violence. The dream becoming reality idea, was well thought up. It adds to the terror that this film already generates. And that one scene in the basement takes the old addage AN EYE FOR AN EYE, literally. A excellent addition to the zombie genre.
foy
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2000, 12:53:40 AM »

One of my favorite schlock movies of all time.  Bad dubbing, bad acting, dumb story, lame ending, this movie has everything I look for.  My favorite moments were the exploding TV set, the scene where the soldiers were told to shoot the monsters in the head, only to later shoot them in every place but, and one of my all time faves, the scene where the two survivors discuss coffee (I guess they forgot they were being chased).
    I'd recommend this piece of crap to anyone who enjoys all out schlock.  Cleveland steamer monsters are cool.
MelonMan
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2000, 09:05:38 AM »

I just saw this movie for the first time thanks to the wonders of the internet and online broadcasting and really liked this movie.  I mean the first time Swamp Thing appears I think to myself, "Hey, I didn't know Swamp Thing was a Zombie."  I also caught a lot of things in this movie that made me think a little, was this city supposed to be in Europe or the US?  Why was one of the Civil deffence soilders wearing a US Marine Corps dress blue Corporal patch on his arm?  Lastly did anyone else see the dog playing with all the Zombies while being circled by the helecoptor, he sure looked like he was having a good time.  This movie was very enjoyable and left me rolling with laughter.
Rabid Ryan
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Christ this flick was bad. Everyone here that enjoyed this flick.....what the hell are you talking about? Try any of Fulci's living dead flicks to see how it's really done. This movie is lame
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Umberto Lenzi rivals Bruno Mattei as one of the most ham-fisted, delusional directors on the Italian horror scene (or at least the former Italian horror scene).  I first saw "City of the Walking Dead" back in 1997, when I had no idea what the scene was all about, and thoroughly hated the movie; I rented it again recently and hated it just as much.  Maybe if Anchor Bay did one of their superb remasters, I'd give the movie another look, but seeing that that hasn't happened yet, the full-screen version sucks and the print quality is bad.  The story is about zombies that not only can run around like normal, healthy people, but also have full knowledge of how to operate automatic weapons and brandish machetes.  Some people applauded this aspect, saying it went against the norm, but I think Lenzi was either too impatient or lazy to give his "actors" directions on "being zombies."  The tomato-paste special effects don't help any.
Along with "Night of the Zombies," this is one of the worst things to come out of the whole cannibal/zombie movement.  For real zombies, check out a Fulci flick.
g
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

God, I hated this movie. Sure, Italian zombie flicks are entertaining just because of how bad they are but please! Try Nights of Terror or the spanish Blind Dead series for some good bad zombie action. Actually, on second thought don't.
Brandon Camporine
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is not only my favorite zombie movie of all time (next to the unsurpassable "Dawn of the Dead"), but it's also one of my favorite horror movies from the 80's, my fave being "Hide and Go Shriek" with "Return of the Aliens, the Deadly Spawn" and "Nightmare" in close seconds.  The acting may not be the best, the story may be a little dull, the dubbing may be awful, the picture quality not that great, some scenes purely stupid, and the dialogue bland, but this movie is still terrifying in it's own way.  The first time I saw this, I was scared for a month.  It surpassed even my fear of "Hell Night" and "Clownhouse" (two other amazing little gems from the 80's).  I now own the movie and the dream-becomes-reality ending still makes my jaw drop a bit.  I recommend this to any TRUE zombie fan!
Countess Zarina Suspiriorum
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Can I say one thing right off the bat and get it out of the way?  Hugo Stiglitz cannot act his way out of a wet paper bag!  If this movie isn't proof enough try sitting through NIGHT OF 1000 CATS or CEMENTERIO DEL TERROR sometime.
   That having been said I actually like this movie!  Not until I saw the European version (called NIGHTMARE CITY) did I find out these are not really walking dead but atomic radiated mutants who have turned into superbeings that are well near indestructable.  Okay so let's keep on calling them zombies because . . .well . . .it's just easier.
   Don't you love a movie where you shoot at the zombies and they shoot back?  Not until Carlos Aured's AFTER DEATH did anyone copy that idea!
   Watch for Stefania D'Amario, who is also in DR. BUTCHER M.D. playing the daughter of Mel Ferrer.
Brian the S.N.A.M.S. Agent
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I thought it was pretty hilarious how bullets couldn't hurt the zombies, but the reporter could easily lay the smack down on them.  The exploding TV was pretty funny too.  And the "nightmare becomes real" ending was seriously messed up.  Funny stuff, watch it for a laugh.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  City of the Walking Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.