Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:11:45 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Dark Power « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Dark Power  (Read 38731 times)
thedokta@yahoo.com
« on: November 03, 1998, 05:53:04 AM »

Where to begin... Lash Larue stakes his claim to being one of the most powerful, screen presences since Bruce Campbell's Ash from the Evil Dead movies. The fact that the ancient Toltec Sorcerors dressed amazingly like early 80's thrash band memebers leads me to believe that the production team for this movie did very little resear... wait I'm sorry what production team? The action drags a little... ok a lot until the arrival of "the dark days" but Larue's screen time is well worth the wait. Indiana Jone's skill with the lash is lacking compared to Lash's powerful strokes. Although Ranger Girard is listed as this sites all-time best character I must shamelessly lobby for the recognition of my all-time favorite champ... Belial Bradley the siamese twin from the classic Basketcase. Belial's martial skills would definitely allow him to best Larue in a duel to the finish(though a younger Lash might have pulled a draw)
bear@badmovies.org
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 1998, 11:47:04 AM »

Lash is a complete badass!  His whole "Feel my whip..." just rules.  Amazingly enough, he's been in dozens of films from the 1940s.  Apparently to some older folks I've talked to, Lash LaRue was a famous movie hero.  And the IMDB has entries for those old films.
Ryan
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ok, let's go down the short list of horror heroes shall we?
1. Ash (bruce cambell)
2. Father Mcgruder
3. RANGER GIRARD! (lash LaRue)
This movie rules! The last 20 or so minutes have to be the best, Girard shows those toltec sorcerers not to mess with a man with a whip. "All right you demonic bastard, lets take this outside!"....those are the words of a hero.
nkovalski@bol.com.br
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2000, 08:37:18 PM »

This film is horrible....
the man that made it need to die....
and his family to!!!
i hate him!!!
PRIAN
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the last time I'll ever see a movie because a certain message board says it is a good movie when it is not I would have agree with the person above me for the way this movie is.
Chris
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

..."LOVED this movie so much",Added it(DP) to my Horror-Western page at www.stormloader.com/guestar
Dave
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film is sooo bad, it's brilliant. I lent it to someone years ago, and never got it back, so I was chuffed when I saw that blackstar had it on DVD.  The best bit is when the Toltec with the axe is attacking the little girl in the bedroom, and she accidently turns the TV on, and, hey presto, there's a show all about how to kill Toltec indians that have risen from the dead!! Excellent.
Chris
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

PHIL SMOOT has done this world a favor,giving LASH LARUE the ultimate swan-song !
Seriously its a fun movie and worth being released in USA on video or DVD(heard rumors).
"LASH hope youre whipping Heaven into shape before us SOV auteurs get up there ."
Porco arrebocado
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Toltec, os bichos debilóides do filme, os bichos toscos não falam, só resmungam como um bebêzinho, ahuhuhuhuhu ------

o filme é tão ruim , que só serve para rir,    a parte mais ebgraçada é a parte que um toltec toca um machado no refem, mas acaba acertando o outro toltec, então eles começam a resmungar !!!!!!!!!

esses caras que fizeram o filme s~`ao um baita duns porcos arrebocados !!!!!!!
Jerry Whittington
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I played the caretaker SAMMY, I'am the one that said "WHAT THE HELL? I OUGHT TO KICK HIS RED ASS"

You can put SAMMY where you have SOME Guy 2 Wav

suzanne
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I AM IN THIS AWFUL MOVIE!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A COPY??????
SUZANNE
SPLYLER1@TRIAD.RR.COM
Soraya
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

best movie ever!!!!

feel my whip!
Samb
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Whoa! Thought I recognized this title- an old roommate of mine Chris Clodfelter and his brother Jim did the soundtrack for this (though it seems a bit embarassing now). Later they had their own record label "DETOX Records" and were both in a number of bands; Geezer Lake, Slowchange Madagascar, House Of David, etc. Oh yeah- the film; I understand it was made in Lexington, NC. This one separates the boys from the men (cowboys from the indians?). If you don't like it- you're right; it's total crap. But for those of us who like it- this is GLORIOUSLY crappy! Thing I learned: large plumbers should stay out of small bathrooms.
Jerry Whittington
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

DARK POWER has just been released on DVD and Video in the USA Go to:

http://www.vcientertainment.com/product.asp?title=DARK%20POWER,%20THE
Bo Jesus
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 01:40:07 AM »

This movie works like a sedative.  It puts me to sleep every time.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Dark Power « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.