Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:36:02 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Day Time Ended « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Day Time Ended  (Read 46020 times)
unkas_1056@hotmail.com
« on: October 28, 1998, 10:35:23 AM »

This is perhaps one of the worst movies of all time.  I regretted ever spending a dime on this cinematic tird.  I couldn't stomach it the first time I watched it, but curiosity led me to watching it again.  I am currently seeking counseling for this.  Watching this film is the equivelant of taking a big gulp of spoiled milk.  Its fun, however, to watch this movie with friends or family and mute the TV and make your own dialogue.  I love this site though!
Bill Z. Bub
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 1999, 01:21:43 PM »

Oh, my god, I think I actually saw this one on TV once...
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2000, 08:42:21 AM »

To Mr.unkas 1056@hotmail.com, you obvously know nothing about a good film so kiss off. THE DAY TIME ENDED contained exelent special effects (they totaly beat that bad film STAR WARS[1977]), cinmatography was superb, settings were convincing, and an exelent story. From producer Charles Band this is his best!
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2000, 02:24:14 PM »

I take back my insult to unkas 1056@hotmail.com, but how is THE DAY TIME ENDED bad? The only thing bad about it is the fact that the video version is panned and scanned.
Scott
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Bought this movie at a military PX at Fort Bragg for $2.99 tax free. Thank god no one taxed this awful awful movie.

-Scott*
Zedd
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2000, 12:25:51 PM »

I disagree with the owner of this site, I enjoyed this movie very much.  I think it was an interesting plot and structure.  With okay effects.
Tony
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2000, 06:08:28 AM »

I don't think this movie is all that bad, considering it was made on a low budget. Charles Band is like Roger Corman in that he makes epics outta practically nothing! I'm exagerrating of course, but I don't mind this flick at all and even tho its totally dated, its still nice to check out when theres nothing else on!
Paul Gentry
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2000, 12:35:19 PM »

I worked on the movie very early in my career and believe me, know that it is bad in most ways.  But of course being a Charles Band film there was literally no money in which to do the film or the effects, etc.  (And the fact that the director was someone with little real interest in making something worthwhile.)  In fact all the effects were done for like $125,000.  But the effects work was done by people like David Allen (later Oscar nominated for his work in BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED and YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES), Peter Kuran, who did a lot of animation effects for the first 2-3 STAR WARS movies and for us as well, Lyle Conway who sculpted our creatures and later went on to LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS and DARK CRYSTAL, Randy Cook who went onto THE GATE films and is currently working on LORD OF THE RINGS.  I myself have worked on such films since as TERMINATOR II, ADDAMS FAMILY, HONEY I SHRUNK THE KIDS, FIFTH ELEMENT, etc. and most recently MONKEY BONE and the HONEY I SHRUNK THE KIDS TV SHOW and currently ROSWELL.  The film was an early excercise for us working in visual effects and we frustratingly knew at the time how much better it could have been. You should have seen the original concepts, much more Poltergeistish!

BTW, you missed one of the funniest lines and that was Jim Davis's (he had just done the Dallas TV show pilot when we used him) line, with his Texas drawl: "You know what this is don't you? A time, space warp!"
---PG
Sadie
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well yea, the effects and plot development leave a lot to be desired, but I think the over all idea is pretty cool.  when I first saw it(early '80s) I really liked it, but then again I was a kid at the time.  But the idea that all time exists here and now, all at once, is interesting to me.  I actually bought the movie not too long ago, and so far I'm not sorry I did. I think if  someone re-made it, it might turn out really cool.  But thats just me.  
Nabisco
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 03:50:45 PM »

This movie is so horrible I almost peed myself laughing at it, but it will always be one of my all-time favorites just because of that.
Tars
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One thing the movie did do successfully was convey the "What the hell is going on?" atmosphere that the characters were experiencing, directly to the viewer.  Since it's pretty impossible to figure out what IS going on.

Also, some of the effects were pretty good.  I think the Sargasso Sea/Bermuda Triangle set of airplanes, jets and space ships was pretty cool.

And, the Vacuum Cleaner of Doom rules.  That was the best part of the whole movie.  Imagine a movie where the cast was beset by a whole horde of those things.  Yeah, it's been done, sure, but not with VCODs!
Ryan
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

How could you not like a movie this strange? I've never seen anything like it and that's gotta count for something. Love the stop-motion effects by  Dave Allen and Randy Cook. I can't resist any movie where the filmmakers had way more imagination than money. Even if you hate this one, you have to admit it's pretty damn entertaining. And that's more than can be said of a lot of recent films. I wish I could enter a space-time warp and go back to see it on the big screen.
Talos4
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I got this in a 4-flick DVD set, "Time Travelers"...it's the last movie following bizarro Idaho Transfer. Gads! I musta slept right through the 70's! This movie has good creepy music and camera angles, and if it weren't for the main menu previewing that really bad clay alien, I woulda been pulling the shades down, turning up the room lights and calling for backup. Instead, the old-green gas from under the door-trick (yeah, don't think of screaming fire,lady) begets Tinkerbell with Bette Davis eyes. Now I know where Mell Brooks got his idea for his bartop-dancing alien. This movie had a (er, distant) feel of Close Encounters at times. At first I thought it was made prior to. The opticals are prety decent.  I liked the VCOD.  But I thought it was the Video Camcorder of Doom.  
Eliot K.
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I bought this dreg off of eBay. It was part of a "Time Travelers" 4-Pack. The first movie I watched from this new acquisition was "Idaho Transfer". I knew afterwards that I had been scammed. I watched "The Day Time Ended" today. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Jim Davis died a couple of years after this monstrosity was made. My theory is that he decided to watch this flick with his grandkids and suffered a massive heart attack brought on by aggravation at having participated in this abortion of a movie.
curtis martin
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 02:27:54 AM »

I just watched this movie and I thought it was a whole heap of fun! Sure, it's low budget--obviously no money for great effects or second takes--but I thought it showed a lot of creativity. If I was a filmmaker and was given virtually no resources, and I could still come up with this--I'd be proud of myself.
I'm not sure why so many folks beat this film down so much. Its about as good as ""Equinox," another super low budget flick with laughable acting and ambitious but not super great special effects (compared with today)  and that has become a cult classic (with a Criterion dvd release no less).
I thought this thing was a kick. And Bud's "Kingdom of the Spiders" with Bill Shatner is good too! Fug all yall that don't like 'em!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Day Time Ended « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.