Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:26:06 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Endless Descent « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Endless Descent  (Read 40405 times)
Warren H.
« on: February 22, 1999, 01:04:13 PM »

Did anybody else notice that the depth readouts on the computer screens give different readings from what the "actors" say?
Denise
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 1999, 01:28:55 AM »

I looked at the IMDB and apparently this film's other titles are La Grieta and The Rift.Which might be helpful if you want to rent it. Also Robbins is actually Leland Palmer from Twin Peaks.(Actor's name:Ray Wsie). Which is good for a laugh or two.
srvo@hotmail.com
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 1999, 01:04:08 PM »

I say this film late at night about 6 years ago.  There were some interesting looking monsters, but in the end this film was cheap-looking and predictable as to who was going to survive.  For underwater monster B-movies, I'm sticking with Leviathan!

srvo@hotmail.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 1999, 01:05:58 PM »

Oops.  I meant "saw", not "say".  Hookt on fonix werked fur me!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 1999, 03:37:51 PM »

I thought it was a pretty cool movie except from the irritating little faults.
Scaarge@AOL.com
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2000, 06:08:09 PM »

What can I say, I like monsters and I liked this film.  I liked Ray Wise, too, no one can be effortlessly oily the way he can.  I'm a bit confused as to the purpose of the genetic accelerator; it seems (in movies other than this one, too) that these things are just programed to "make monsters" then switched on.  Does that sound like a well-thought-out experiment?
Paul H.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2000, 10:11:31 AM »

What can I say, I like Monsters and I like this movie.  I feel this should be the offical Tagline for this movie. No reason to analyze this movie.  Just watch it whenever you have nothing better to do then move on with your life.  Endless descent has a nice 1950's monster movie or godzilla feel to it.  
Chris K.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2000, 04:41:44 PM »

Wrong release title. U.S. release title was THE RIFT, but due to dumbass video distributors it was retitled ENDLESS DESCENT. In any case, it was a fun muvie to watch. The acting is miles away from a solution, but it was still entertaining. Now is it me or does the hero look more like Patrick Swazie(if I spelt the last name wrong, you can correct me on that). The special effects are impressive but are too puppet-like and stiff. Still, this was better than SLUGS.
Znucke
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie back in '93, what I can remember was that it I found it as bad as I found it good. Some idiotic scenes and some really cool monsters...squid..starfish..tentacle-things...now why has noone made a movie about H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu monsters...they have tentacles too!!! ;-)
parasital mucus consumer
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It was nice,but it was not  quite great scenes,but  i liked the one scenary a lot.It's a  good movie it is cool!
David
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2002, 06:13:58 PM »

Endless descent (La Grieta) Es una de mis peliculas favoritas, tiene un argumento que me va bastante, el unico problema que encuentro en la pelicula son los efectos especiales, el submarino esta bien hecho pero podrian haberse esmerado un poco y haber sacado mas imagenes subacuaticas
Neville
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Piece of useless Trivia: the actor who plays Sven, one of the divers, is Pocholo Martínez Bordiú, loosely related to the deceased dictator Francisco Franco. He's been in a couple of "Miami Vice" episodes and he's a minor celebrity in Spain after appearing in several Big Brother-esque realities.

About the movie itself, it's actaully OK, some of the best Juan Piquer Simon ("Slugs") has ever done. It's like on of those 50s sci-fi movies, but with some light gore, in the vein of those Italian Alien rip-offs. I watched it a few times when I was a kid and found it entertainning, if a bit silly.  
Alex
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I thought this was a pretty good movie.
It had good speial effects and a great musical score by joel goldsmith.
Worth a rent.
Randomosity
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The Captain's real name is R. Lee Ermey.

He not only was the DI from "Full Metal Jacket", but also stared in "Siege at Firebase Gloria", and hosts the show "Mail Call" on the History Channel.

Now, if I wanted to rent this movie from say...Blockbuster, should I look for "Endless Descent" or "The Rift"?
DJ Inferno
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 06:03:29 AM »

I liked this film. A variety of monsters, good cast, good flick/
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Endless Descent « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.