Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:07:30 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Behemoth « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Giant Behemoth  (Read 85891 times)
John
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This was the monster movie of all monster movies when I was growing up. The only other monster thar rivaled the Behemoth in sheer awe and coolness was the giant ameoba in "The Angry Red Planet". I agree with those who say that this was the best! But I'm shocked that none of them mention that the neatest scenes of all are the ones when the beastie releases radiation and burns people to a crisp! Especially the soldiers; remember the one who was charred so bad that his helmet and head split open! Check it out!
johnny g
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

My favorite Monster Movie, I saw this on million dollar movie in 1962 Channel 9  New York, I was very disturbed by the raditation burns the behemouth inflicted on people especially the little boy that was fried on the bale of hay.Today I have a VHS version that I play in late  October. When Steve says "turn off all the lights" That is what we do.... Still waiting for the sequel and the DVD
night heron
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 11:48:54 AM »

I saw this one and can remember that anything or anyone that got with in a certain distance from this beastie disintagrated and when it pick up the car and threw in into a pile of rubble and it invaded london
night heron
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 12:34:25 PM »

I confused THE GIANT BEHEAMOUTH with THE BEAST FROM 20:000 FATHOMS i guess becuase their both big dinosuars stomping thorugh a major city
firebird
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 08:34:40 PM »

The most i can recall about this movie is that anyone or anything that gets with in a certain distance of the monster would disitagrate and i can also recall the part in which i grabs up a car with a driver and after shaking it around dropped it into the ruble of a building
Tom
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I loved this flick in my younger days--Million Dollar Movie--and I'd love to get my hands on a clear copy, VHS or DVD; but it must be complete with ferry scene, etc. If anyone out there has an inside track to this flick, please email me!!!
George
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

As of this time The Giant Behemoth isn't on DVD,considered to be one of thoes late 1950s sci-fi films it could of been better,with more buildings comming down,like in Gorgo,and shooting out a radioactive ray from his mouth,could of been a good opponent for Gamera.
George
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

As I said before he would of been a great opponet for Gamera,never the less of the 3 films Beast,Behemoth,Gorgo,Gorgo was the best,Behemoth was second,the problom with the Beast was,the monster wasn't in it enough in fact the producers thought there was to much monster in the script,gees it was called Beast From 20,000 Fathoms,what did they expect?,what did they want?,you the films original title was to be Godzilla,boy it's a good thing they decided not,it was only a 3year difference,besides that was a better name to give the monster from Japan anyway,and just think Raymond Burr might not of been Perry Mason if not for Godzilla,the point is Behemoth,Monster From the Sea could of been better,but it was good,and for that we are greatful.
Lynette
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

As a child, back in the mid-60's, I saw a movie on TV which frightened the living daylights out of me.  It was of a monster which killed people by radiation, attacked London and was finally destroyed by a submarine. I had nightmares that night that the monster was coming to get me, the only time in my life I have had nightmares.  

For years I've tried to track it down. I couldn't remember the name of the movie, and I have finally had a brainwave and searched for it on the internet (I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes, I've had access to the internet for years!!) and this has to be it.  Finally I have found out what it is called.

Now to see if I can find it in Australia somewhere.
mike52t
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of my favorites. The Giant Behemoth wouldn't have hung around London if he knew about the food. Hey, its not just any behemoth, its the GIANT behemoth.
Brought to you by the Comittee on Redundancy comittee
Beth
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie when I was 6 and had just moved to NYC.  Imaginative, as I was, I kept seeing the Giant Behemoth appearing in my kitchen window and I couldn't stay alone in the breakfast nook for years.  Not until Jaws in college did I experience a scarier sensation from a film.  Ironically, I majored in film and for 8 years edited movies about military war planes, misiles, and bombs.  Talk about scary! Thank you, Giant Behemoth, for preparing me for my career later in life!!
Mark Radburn
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The Giant Behemoth is the best old dinosaur film ever and it's awesome as The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms I would love to get my hands on a dvd version of The Giant Behemoth the special effects is better than the 1957's giant insect film The Black Scorpion. The Giant Behemoth is a masterpiece 50's dinosaur film and it's a must-see of all time.
KW
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 06:13:20 PM »

The Giant Behemoth rocks!  I am almost 50 years old and I remember watching this movie over and over when I was about 10.
Richard
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The Giant Behemoth was one of my most favorite monster films besides night of the living dead.  You can purchase a DVD version from Ebay but watch the minutes go for anything greater then 72 minutes otherwise you'll get the ripoff missing ferry which is criminal.
George
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

So you can't find Giant Behemoth on DVD,someone wants to know if granny says "Oh Fiddilesticks!" well go to Monsterland Toys.com,they've got the Giant Behemoth,of course I did,but alas the sound isn't right,they say they'll try to correct this,but like X-From Outer Space they haven't gotten back in touch with me on that yet,I wish they would of by now,but anyway it's nothing that serious,just alittle annoying,anyway if want The Giant Behemoth go to Monsterland Toys.com he's there!.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Behemoth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.