Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:45:05 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hybrid « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hybrid  (Read 28649 times)
Warren H.
« on: February 24, 1999, 02:01:01 PM »

This movie had some neat stuff.  Where'd they get that apc they were driving?  Was it a model or something?  Surely, this movie didn't have enough money to have the thing built.  Too bad McQueen didn't die, he was a big jerk.  The lesbian shower scene almost makes up for the rest of the movie.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 1999, 12:23:22 PM »

The APC I believe appeared in "Damnation Alley", a post-nuclear devastation survival movie. It also appeared in one episode of "Get a Life" TV show with Chris Elliot.
Paul H.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2000, 02:57:16 PM »

This is a fine, fine movie.  This is one of the few B-movie sites that reviews it and gives it credit.

It is movies like this that surprise you with their entertainment value and keep you searching for more great crapy films.

Recomendations:  if you liked Hybrid.  Watch Breeders (the newer one) and Creepazoids
scuzzbopper@mail.epeespice.com
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2000, 12:13:36 PM »

Actually, the APC isn't the only thing I've seen in other movies.  That spaceship in the screenshots looks mighty familiar... I know I've seen it in at least 2 other movies.  One was "Battle Beyond The Stars", another low budget favorite of TNT's.  I actually like that bad movie... heheh.  The other was some movie about a little boy stowing away on a "pirate" ship, where the "pirates" are actually just misunderstood justice-seekers on the run from Evil Corporate/Goverment Maniac Tyrant Man.  Can't remember the title of that one, but I do remember these two movies used the exact same battery of spacecraft models.  I guess Hybrid makes that three now...
Funk, E.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think the APC was also (and originally) used in a short lived saturday morning tv show called "ARC 2" I believe, but I wouldn't guarantee it.
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I haven't seen this, but based on the photos presented on the review page it looks like the LandMaster vehicle(s) from "Damnation Alley" got some more screen time.  Cool!
John Dashwood
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think that APC was in some early 80s TV movie about life after a nuclear war. It had giant scorpians in it. Marine Sgt.
over weight, bearded and earings? What is it with Marines and
bad movies? I'm also a Marine.

John
son of godzilla
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The apc was from "Damnation Ally". Not sure if they used the same actors.
Jennifer W
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just watched "Dr. Horror's Erotic House of Idiots" a comedy with Debbie Rochon and there is entire part of the film that parodies this movie!
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »

That vicheal looks somewhat like a simular vicheal from a saturday sereis called ARK II
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 08:11:55 AM »

That was a different vehicle in Ark 2. 

Landmaster from Damnation Alley:

Small | Large

Ark 2:
Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
vzk
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »

Wasn't this movie rated with 4 or 5 slimes at first?
Felicity
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »

I saw the title and thought this was going to be a review of that movie with Mark-Paul Gosselaar as the alien/human hybrid. But now that I think of it, that might be called Specimen.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hybrid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.