Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:22:31 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Killer Klowns from Outer Space « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Killer Klowns from Outer Space  (Read 144672 times)
Dan Lyon
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"hey, boys...what 'cha gonna do with those pies, boys?" KCFOS is one of the finest cinematic masterpieces to ever star Dean Vernon Wormer after he lost his tenure at the college in Animal House. What a mess that was. If your fiancee does not like this film - don't marry her. Seriously.
Jason
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this on my local FOX affliate a while back, and loved it on site.  Now that it's on DVD, I've learned to love it even more.  The Klowns are great, but nobody ever talks about the music - it fits the film perfectly. Either way, it's on DVD, so nobody has an excuse to not own it.
Brandon
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

If you've watched the "making of" documentaries on the DVD you'll see that the Chiodo brothers were NOT intending the film to have camp value. They talk about it like they intended it to be some ultra-scary epic, and frankly I think it's anything but. The film is awful, period. It has enough UNINTENDED camp value and good enough music to be worth 1 viewing, but after that it just became painful for me to even think about it. You can live without seeing this laughable piece of garbage, trust me. 1 star out of 5, and that's only because of the music, originality (of the bad kind, but still originality), and unintended camp value the film offers.
papcool
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I can't believe that so many people think that this is such a bad movie. Its a classic. It brings back so many memories of the eighties, the time when horror flicks were actually good, even if they were taking the p**s.
Corey
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Next to Rocky Horror, this movie is my favorite cult classic. The clowns were freaky, and the huge clown at the end was awesome! This movie, along with IT(The movie with Tim Curry and John Ritter, remember?) were the best demonic clown movies I've ever seen.(Of course, I think there's only five demon clown movies out there.) 5 stars!

Fear the Clowns.
Tina
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Whoops ! Guess I was a little too eager the first time (re: above submission)  I can't believe I found this site I'm just thrilled.  Bad Movies have a certain quality unto themselves. Killer Klowns has to be one of my all time favorites.  I think the 'Killer Klowns ' make up artist may have been Tammy Faye Baker although I can't be certain on that one.
Felicity
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I was too scared of this movie’s premise to see it when it first came out in theatres.  It was finally shown on TV for the first time last year and I taped it.  As you might expect, it wasn’t as scary to see it at 30 as it would have been at 15, and on TV rather than in a movie theatre, but it was still a little scary.

Its biggest problem is a lack of human characters that I can care about.  I feel sorry for the victims, but the heroes are pretty boring.
CaptainJak2
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man I had no idea people enjoyed this movie!! My older brother forced me to watch it when I was 2 and it scared me half to death! I've hated clowns ever since!! I had nightmares every night almost until I was 6 years old!! However, me and my friends are getting together tomorrow for a halloween scary movie marathon type thing and none of them have seen it before and i've not seen it since i was 2, I remember the klowns scaring me so bad.....but it's a little difficult to pick up the humor of the situation as a toddler so after reading your comments and downloading the main theme song i've decided to confront my fear of this movie head on and watch it again. It sounds so funny!! I'm really looking forward to it actually. Well I'll let you guys know how it goes!!
Robert
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is my favorite movie since i saw it on HBO in the mid 80's as a teenager. It's 'til this day one of the most unique movie's ever made. It's a mixture of people's childhood fear of clowns along with a little drama, humor, suspense, gore and a poop load of great special effects. It also gives you that 50's B-movie feeling with that famous boy and girl making out while a UFO crashes to earth in the distance and let's go look for it style beginning. Since seeing this movie years-ago, it has left an everlasting impression on me that no other movie has even come close to. Over the years i have collected an enormous amount of memorabilia from the movie, like posters, lobby cards, masks, prop replicas and even a bunch of original screen used props. Aside from collecting, i even got the chance to meet the makers of the movie, the Chiodo Brothers. After meeting them in person, it made me a bigger fan than i ever was. I got to talk with them and ask questions about the movie that i thought i would never know the answer to. In my eyes this is one of the most unique movies ever made and it could'nt have been made as great as it was by anyone other then the Chiodo Bros. This movie was never meant to be taken seriously, just to be enjoyed for it's classic B-movie style and great special Effects. Hopefully in the near future we will get to see a sequel with the same classic style and traditional special effects the first one had. Thank you for reading my comments and support the Chiodos in getting a sequel made by buying the DVD and watching it on TV every chance you get.
sue
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Just watched Killer Klowns after many years of not being able to find it again.  I have about 1,000 movies and am definitely a movie addict.  This film is one of the best of its genre I have ever seen.  It is witty, subtle, as well as being terribly over-the-edge schlock.  I would recommend to anyone with a sense of humor and an open mind.
It is now available on DVD along with special features.  Don't miss it!
John
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2005, 05:11:45 PM »

I have this on DVD. This is my favorite B movie of all time. They actually played this at a movie theatre here for free so ofcourse I had to go see it with me friends. We had a fun time and so did everybody else watching this. That little clown is so cute. Put up your Dukes :) than put a cherry on top of that guy classic :)
Cambot99
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Aww man, this movie scared the crap out of me when I was kid, but that was because I was afraid of one klown and it was the one that did the shadow puppets, not to mention he had a scary face that goes in front of the screen. But I soon confronted my fear and I've loved this movie ever since. I've been hearing alot of talk about a sequel all over the internet. Are they really going to make a sequel, cause I really want to see it.
Marissa
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh my god, I saw this movie when I was about 6 or 7. It scared me to death, and ever since that and the movie "It"..i've totally been creeped out by clowns (klowns) ever sence. I was just recently looking through a seventeen magazine and came across an article on it. I almost started to cry just looking at the picture. I'm 13 now and can't get over my clown phobia. Although, i'm scared of like, everything!! Just to name a few other movies i'm scared to death of are..Chuckie, Tales From The Krept, Gremlins, Friday The 13th..god, so many more!..It's not a bad movie, just..i really wouldn't show it to your children, they might start crying and having nightmares like I did, lol. Wellp, that's all I guess. Now that i'm even more scared than ever. :(
Crazed Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2006, 02:47:18 PM »

I got this for christmas 2 years ago, and frankly it looked like the stupidest movie. Then one day i put it in and realize the error of my ways. This movie is great! With thrills, chills, and alot of dark humor. This movie is a fun filled film!
johnny monfriez
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I thought this movie was kind of lame.  I like the themesong though.  But several things killed this movie for me.  
1. You should not be able to kill a 15-foot-tall clown by poking it's nose with a badge.
2. A clown cannot make a bunch of people dissappear with a T-rex finger shadow.

Okay, that isn't several but you get the point.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Killer Klowns from Outer Space « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.