Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:38:47 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Slugs « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Slugs  (Read 37035 times)
clcook@halcyon.com
« on: November 05, 1998, 06:55:29 PM »

What about the scene where the nekkid girl gets out of bed, steps down on the slug covered floor, slip slip slips, flass down and in fast stop-action animation gets covered by the slimy suckers -- and her boy friend, you can see his dick too, doesn't try to help her. Great stuff!
Warren H.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 1999, 08:58:47 PM »

Didja know this movie is based on a book?  Yes, there was a book called "Slugs."  The movie is a highly faithful translation of page to film.  You know what this means?  "Slugs" the book is just as bad as "Slugs" the movie.  And one other thing:  
Brian D.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 1999, 10:35:50 AM »

This is my favorite bad movie. I can't remember anything about, it's been so long, except for the guy getting killed in the sewer. Those suckers pulled him into the pipe! I'm always impressed when others know of this movie. Good job!
NetFrog Alpha
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 1999, 03:37:54 PM »

Now this is a bad movie. Let's see, we have: naked people and flesh-eating slimy things. The acting is cheesy, the blood rockets out in large quanities, and there's even a whole lot of explosions! Now if Bruce Campbell made a guest appearance, this film would be a classic.
srvo@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 1999, 01:38:05 PM »

It's interesting how toxic waste mutates slugs and absolutely no other life forms.  This movie was p**s-poor.
Brian
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2000, 08:37:45 PM »

I love this movie.although i saw it years ago and
didn't notice the cheesiness,ya gotta love the
part where the lady was like"bobby,dont drink" and
then 2 min. later, she was covered in slugs and he
just stood t
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2000, 07:49:10 AM »

This film was OK... But where are the dramatic and tension-building chase scenes? Oh, and how did those young lovers not notice the slugs?
Mad Donna
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is NOT a make out movie.  Wanna know how I found that out?  My boyfriend and I rented it on a Saturday night to watch while we ate pizza and . . .whatever.  Well this movie is so totally outrageous that the pizza went ignored and, worst of all, we forgot to make out!  That is how absorbing this movie is!  
Filmed (mostly) in upstate New York by a Spanish director this movie tries to recapture the mood of those Bert I. Gordon pictures of the 50's only instead of radiation the slugs are mutated by toxic waste.  They don't get any bigger but man, do they have an appetite.
Everyone in this movie comes up with complicated ideas to stop the slugs but nobody considers: A) salt to dry the out, B) oil in their path to stop their advance, C) just stop on them for cryin' out loud!
It is a fun movie and has some really attention grabbing moments (hmmmm, like what happens to Bobby and Donna) and yeah it is low budget but you won't be able to turn away from it.
Now if you want a movie that you can make out to, try AXE.
Big Kitty
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2000, 07:32:06 PM »

This movie is nothing short of incredible.  It has amazed me in every sense of the word.  And so, I did what had to be done.  I wrote the sequel to SLUGS.  It is called SLUGS 2 (Close for Comfort) and is about a page and a half long.  
David
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

in the "somthing's eating this guy" mpeg...the scene just before the guys head explodes...the girl screaming...she looks like she's trying not to laugh =)
Scruffs
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man, been a long time since I saw this.. I remember one scene where theyr'e in the mayor's batheroom or something, and he sits down on a toilet, and gets EATEN.. this is the mayor..

And of course it starts with some guy who doesn't have trash cans so he jsut throws all his trash into his basement. Taht's composting right there. Too bad the only thing left of him when they found him was his skull and his toupee. (Yup, hair was *untouched*)

Chadzilla
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have an intense (and I do mean INTENSE) phobia of snails and slugs and this sorry ass monster movie did even cause me to shiver.  Worth a laugh but that's about it.  Shaun Hutson's novel is marginally better.  A sequel is threatened.
Boz824
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Has anybody in this town ever heard of a thing called "salt?"
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Juan Piquer Simon easily completes my latter-day 'Trinity of Awful Directors' (the other two proud members are Bruno Mattei and Tobe Hooper), and that's quite an achievement.  I've only seen two of his films, but in both "Pod People" and "Slugs" you get the impression that this is a man who believes 100% in what he's filming, and in the most serious possible way (much in the way Ed Wood supposedly did).  It makes me wonder if 'ol Juan puts one of his masterpieces in his DVD player and is riveted by the dramatic intensity and straight-faced brilliance of his movies while someone else, at the same moment in some faraway land (i.e.--The United States) is either chucking said DVD into the trash or laughing hysterically with a buch of drugged-up friends.

"Slugs", pretty surprisingly, isn't as atrocious as "Pod People," mainly because it doesn't take itself quite as seriously (or perhaps it's the flawed script or snooze-worthy 'acting' that makes it so).  The movie is one big creature feature, a low-budget throwback to the insect-themed horrors of yesteryear, and the plot is simple: town built on toxic waste dump (much like Piquer Simon's career) falls victim to nasty carnivorous slugs, and only the dazed & confused health inspector can stop them!  Wouldn't it make more sense if the slugs were really just LEECHES that learned to live on land?  Ah, well.

Two refugees from Piquer Simon's "Pod People" show up for seconds: the buddy of the "It stinks!" guy (only older-looking) pulling at his hair to convey the fact that his head is about to explode in a rain of maggots/slugs (which is a pretty cool effect, actually).  The other is the white-haired poacher, who here is given only a minute of screen time, but delivers a line that will forever live in B-movie infamy.

See "Slugs" only to give it your own personalized MST3K treatment.  And remember: "YOU DON'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DECLARE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Thank you.
jdog
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What a good movie! Very funny. I like it when the people talk and their lips don't move, it cracks me up. If you liked this one you have to see Skateboard kid it is a classic. Good times.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Slugs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.