Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:40:27 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Stuff « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Stuff  (Read 53315 times)
truheart
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This has to be the worst movie ever made and the funniest at the same time. I saw this movie in the theater with a friend when I was about 13. I've seen good movies that didn't make as much of an impression on me as The Stuff. I still can't remember what the hell made us go see this, although I suspect it was being able to get into an R Rated horror movie. Litte did I know that it would be an unforgettable experience. Whenever anyone asks me what's the worst movie I've ever seen, I say The Stuff without hesitation. I usually get a blank stare as if the person had just had a bowl of The Stuff. For a long time I though maybe me and my friend and the 30 or so other people in the theater were the only living people to have experienced this movie. My friend and I laughed so hard at this movie we were threatned by a grown man and almost kicked out of the theater. I was young but I wasn't stupid, I knew this was one of the worst movies I had ever laid eyes upon, right up there with Gymkata which was also a laughfest. From the moment the old guy tasted The Stuff right out of the ground I knew I was watching a movie funnier than any intentional comedy I'd ever seen. There was also the great scen at the end where they are running from The Stuff and it looks like exactly what it was, the actors running in front of a screen! Let's not forget that great title "The Stuff", how clever. For years I always asscociated Michael Moriarity with this movie, when I first saw hime on Law and Order I couldn't get it on my mind.He'll always be the guy from The Stuff to me!
sikegirl
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2003, 01:34:05 PM »

I wonder if Michael Moriarity and Paul Sorvino talked about this flick when they were on Law & Order together.  More likely they made a secret pact to never mention it to ANYONE.  Hee.  I thought it was really funny, in a very bad movie way.  Many plot holes and stupid moments (nice of Mo & Whatsherface to forget they left the kid on the plane and just go to the hotel for the night...Yikes!), but everyone looked like they were having fun and not taking things too seriously.  How could they?
Chris
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I loved this movie. To this day I still will not eat yogurt. Blehh
GREAT B MOVIE!
dracoboy
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 06:37:34 PM »

ladies and gentlmen the stuuuuuuuff! its low in fat tasty all natural and comes in five diffrent flavors! warning:stuff may caus zombification streching and melthing of the body dissolvation being eaten by the stuff and overall death do not put in eyes mouth or rectum stuff cooperations is not responsible for cheesy looking death and crappy movieness
Sarasvati
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The movie I remember by this title was one where some teenagers ate the "stuff" and were turned into giants that terrorized their little town...some midgets showed up at the end looking for it to get taller...
Alana
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2004, 10:40:44 PM »

I am soooo happy other folk have seen this film.  I remember it from years ago but all my friends think i made it up. I really need to find it on video so they dont think i am crazy!!
mrcrisp
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 01:03:41 PM »

Whats the calorie count then on The Stuff per 100g?
tipringsleeve
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Wow, I haven't even tried to remember this movie until recently I was reminded of it. My occupation is as a sound engineer for a performinig arts venue, and I usaually wind up working with a lot of very nice performers, usually to put it in a pleasant manor, "past their prime'. Well, one of those perfomers was Andrea Marcovicci. I introduced myself, exchanged some words about her show, and during the sound check, I kept thinking where have I seen her before? I don't really know her from her music, mabye I know her on TV, no.......oh crap! That's right, that really bad horror movie that I enjoyed in my youth, "The Stuff" !!! Sure enough, I looked in the playbill and she listed the movie in her bio. I think I am going to order a copy for giggles, but alas Andrea's show is over with, so I can't even get her to autograph it!!
Max Alan Zoller
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What many people seem to fail to notice is that this film is satire against consumism, and in that, it actually works. I don't think this film wanted to be 100% serious, the military patriotic fool is just too comedic to be true. It's a clever attempt at a horror\\comedy aimed to spoof a capitalist society. You just HAVE to love a man so stupid to eat strange stuff that bubbles from the ground. And Mo. Great movie! (worst? You've never seen the worst!).
lee
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Holy s**t this film brings back some memories. I loved this film as a kid, i could always remmember that scene where chocolate chip charlies mouth streched to the size of george bush's ego! Unforgetable!
Keith
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I like the fact that the main character is blatently hammered in some of the scenes.  UHHhhh gonna bypass it.... uhhhh ITS TOO SMALL (as he sweats profusely).

This happens during the get away towarsd the end of the movie
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 03:50:52 AM »

This flick is fun, but good god is it painful in some ways.  After being practically lobotomized with the 80's commercials styles, I yearned to implement self lashings and soak in ice water for a while.  Yeah, that'll cause shrinkage.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 05:08:12 PM »

Hmm... something is bubbling out of the ground in the mine so the logical thing this guy does is taste it?  Well, it makes as much sense to me as having Goblins in a movie called Troll 2 instead of trolls.  In other words, that is just stupid!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:39:23 PM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Valentine Kutter
New Visitor

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »

One of the many Must See's of the 80's. I actually require people to watch this one if they really want to understand what it is about Bad Movies so addictive. Usually everyone walks away with a new appreciation of the genre and some just walk away and wont return my calls.
 This is also one of those that took me forever to find a video copy of and then.... finally...comes out on DVD like 2 weeks after I finally search all over creation to find the VHS. dammit.

A Must See VK Thumbup
derek simmons
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 03:41:30 PM »

:bouncegiggle:this movie was picked out of a random buy,me and my brothers always play the ebert thing.
anyway,the cover grabbed our attention and bam!, we actually got an interesting charge out of this movie,
anyone curious about this film should check it out, dont listen to critics, let your eyes and ears be the judge
and if you like spoofs like me, you will enjoy this crazy movie as well as we did, like someone said earlier, its so bad, its good!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Stuff « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.