Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:43:55 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Pit « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Pit  (Read 81699 times)
Matthew
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have never seen "The Pit", but for most of my life it has been a "must see film".  Only for the fact that the VHS box cover art was rather disturbing to a 9 year old back in 1988 when I perused the aisles of the local video store. The cover art on the tape must of been over 5 years old since it was yellowed and worn and it depicted a silhouette of a small child pushing an elderly woman into a pit. Chilling back in the day. I wonder if they kept the cover art and where the hell can I get a copy of this movie.  I know I probably will be disapointed but I am rather curious now after reading through these comments.
Vess
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A very interesting revelation from Mr Stuart above... I suppose it's impossible to hope that we could one day see the actual draft screenplay of the film, before the director's changes? (I was hoping to see it on Anchor Bay's DVD, along with perhaps a commentary or some interviews, but there is absolutely nothing on it, apart from a few snaps of the old posters...)
The Dungeonmaster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 01:22:26 AM »

I'm watching it right now. I think it's an absolute classic!
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 07:22:31 AM »

I used to own The Pit on VHS but it's disappeared.  (probably into a pit somewhere)
Any movie where the main character has the same first name as I do is a must own for me.

It was a decent film overall.  Kinda weird and creepy with some slightly uncomfortable scenes between Jamie and his babysitter.

Andrew has reviewed it here:
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/thepit/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:25:45 AM by Ash » Logged
LtGrubersLittleTank
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 09:08:16 AM »

The story of the director's changes sounds very interesting... I'd love to read the original script draft.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2015, 03:22:49 AM »

Randomly came across this on youtube last night and watched about 2/3's of it. While I've seen worse movies I can't remember seeing a bunch of kids I've disliked so much in a film. Will finish watching the rest tonight.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 09:58:53 AM »

Andrew's interview with the screenwriter explains a lot: http://www.badmovies.org/interviews/ianstuart/.

The director took an interesting script about a psychotic boy and changed it into a so-so creature feature. That explains the mish-mash of the cool and the incompetent on display here. The end result is watchable, but only sporadically engaging. For every genuinely eerie scene, there is a ridiculous scene to counteract it. The kid is creepy, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 12:34:39 PM »

I would love to read the novel, which was based on the original screenplay, but it sells for more than a down payment on New York City (depending on whom you strike up a deal).

Yeah, it is very uneven, but I think that is what has made this movie the minor cult classic it is. Just when you think they are going in one direction, they pull their punch and switch tactics, and somehow manage to give you something weirder and creepier than you expected.

Aside from all of that, it is one of the best comedies ever made.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
JustinMoR
New Visitor

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2018, 12:21:34 PM »

If you look at the announced releases it looks like Nintendo's just drawing names of games from a hat. No real rhyme or reason at all. How can you take anything from it?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Pit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.