Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:26:17 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Delicatessen « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Delicatessen  (Read 62654 times)
StrawDog
« on: January 23, 1999, 02:50:05 AM »

I really don't think that this sensitive and intelligent and beuatifully produced, if extremely strange, movie can be mentioned in the same breath as Plan 9...............
Kislev
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 1999, 02:50:05 AM »

I love this movie. Very dark and totally hilarious. Everyone will love the "rhythm" scene. Very well-made.
sardu@hotmail.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 1999, 02:50:05 AM »

This movie is one of the best ever made... Even if this is a bad movies site, it's still good that it is recognized.  It's brought to you by the same folks that made "City of Lost Children," another bizarre Film.  Pretty damn sweet.  The Troglodytes are my heroes.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 1999, 05:34:49 PM »

This web site is great.  It helped me out tremendously. I had to write a paper on the movie Delicatessen for my English class at East Carolina University.
                         MUCH THANKS
                              Desiree
trotsky
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 1999, 01:30:02 PM »

Your review indicates that you may have missed the subtlety of this clever allegory.  The cannibalism is a figurative representation of American-style capitalism, while the burrowing troglodytes are an interpretation of a Marxian dystopia...
elliott_breeden@woodberry.org
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 1999, 05:09:51 PM »

You must be completely devoid of all brain cells. Anyone with the intelligence quotiant of an ichthyoid would see Delicatessen as a great movie. You have obviously completely missed what the movie about. Anyone who would call this movie bad is a certified moron. Spare us all and shut the hell up from now on.
fenris@badmovies.org
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Elliot,

Amazing how many insults you can put out in a few sentences isn't it?  You obviously didn't take time to read through the site and understand my motives.  Dispensing criticism, without fully understanding your subject, is the trait of a complete jackass.  I liked this movie, anything with a four slime rating is definitely worth watching.  Not many people are going to pick up a film subtitled in English about apartment dwellers eating their handymen.  I will, I'll go out and find those movies which are the hidden gems most would pass by.  You, my ignoramus friend, probably have a difficult time accepting other's views when you manage to understand them.  In this case you entirely missed mine, go and throw bones at the monolith for a while.  Oh, and by the way, your ranting is missing a word, I suspect "is" was meant to precede "about."  In addition, "quotient" is the correct spelling.  Accusing someone of being a moron is much less convincing when you fail to proofread.  

Run along and tell mommy the bad Marine called you a male donkey, that is all.

Andrew
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 1999, 02:17:23 PM »

You said: "You obviously didn't take time to read through the site and understand
my motives." I think I did.  "Dispensing criticism, without fully understanding your
subject, is the trait of a complete jackass." But this wasn't what I was doing.
 "I liked this movie, anything with a four slime rating is definitely worth watching."  But I cannot understand how on any level Delicatessen could be considered a bad movie, not even a "good" bad movie. I'm aware that there are plenty of films that are cheesily ridiculious and because of it they are fun to watch. Delicatessen was not one of them. I thought it was original, innovative, and really very funny in a smart way. "Not
many people are going to pick up a film subtitled in English about
apartment dwellers eating their handymen." I don't see why not, and personally I think that just because no one will watch a certain movie doesn't mean it isn't good. On the contrary, many of the best films I have ever seen are ones that are obscure and not well known.  "I will, I'll go out and find those movies which are the hidden gems most would pass by."  I do the same thing. "You, my ignoramus friend, probably have a difficult time accepting other's views
when you manage to understand them." No, I just don't accept views that have no grounds for justification. I still fail to see why you classify Delicatessen as a bad movie. This, I believe, certifies you as a grade-A nimrod. You said: "In this case you entirely missed
mine, go and throw bones at the monolith for a while.  Oh, and by the
way, your ranting is missing a word, I suspect "is" was meant to precede
"about."  In addition, "quotient" is the correct spelling."  Obviously, you missed my play on words.
You said: "Accusing someone of being a moron is much less convincing when you fail to proofread." There is no correlation between intelligence and typing ability as far as I'm concerned.

I am interested to hear what you think are "good" movies.

Have you ever wondered what it is like to be boiled alive in Armenian yak porridge? Or skinned alive by urban pygmy penguin cannibals? Just a question.
Elliott
theobtuse_christ@hotmail.com
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 1999, 05:27:26 AM »

I wouldn't say this was a b-movie,definitely not on par with a movie that say,has a snowman bang a girl to death with a carrot. But it isn't an amazing classic because well...it's messed up. Foreign films are all messed up. No matter what country your from,a movie from another nation is going to look messed up. This is a good thing. This is cultural diversity. This is someone in Bangladesh watching a snowman bang a girl to death with a character and think Americans make messed up movies. So does a movie with funny looking people,a woman who should have just shot herself in the head,and an overwhelming message of more people having guns than the postman. But there's still no sexual assault with a carrot.
Chelsey
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I completely forgot to comment on the woman constantly trying to kill herself.. quite halarious.. I mean the Idea of suicide isn't funny but the way she does it halarious. Just the way she goes about it.. you can tell she doesn't want to in a way, because she sets up such a "convention" with one thing attached to another. Hehehe. It's all funny what can I say :)
Chelsey
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is down right strange. But it's creative. And although it has it's "Horror" It auctually is very funny. Especially the scene in which the two are on the bed, trying to find the squeak in it. I did enjoy the film.!
Noelle (noelle@webdreaming.com)
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 1999, 04:20:12 PM »

I saw the commercial for this movie which consisted of the 'rhythmic scene' when I was visiting Italy in 1991.  This was also when that "I'm too sexy" song and that Tori Amos video where she crawls into and out of a box were released.  You really don't get an idea about a foreign country until you watch tv there.  I have to admit that I thought Italy was full of freaks after seeing those three things.  Well, then I came home and realized that those videos were on tv here too and that film was French.  But I think my opinion still stands, you should see the other stuff they were showing.

It is a great film.  And I don't have much of a attention span with subtitles.  I'm not sure if it's "B-movie" fodder but I'm always glad to see good obscure films get coverage.
Je suis belle et tout le monde adorent moi.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 1999, 12:48:27 PM »

I tried watching this movie... I really did.  But, alas, I could not keep my eyes open.  The real p**ser about Delicatessen is that the subtitles don't always match the dialogue.  What can you do.
voyles@research.nj.nec.com
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2000, 11:18:06 AM »

sardu@hotmail earlier mentioned "City of Lost Children" by the same folks.  I second his opinion that it's a great film - probably not a B movie, as the settings and performances are superb, but well worth watching.  As another side note, the same director did "Alien: Resurrection" and brought the star (Louison a.k.a. Dominque Pinon) with him.
Hey bad can also mean good! As in "Badass"!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2000, 12:59:50 AM »

Oh common and get off your high horses people. So a movie you found deeply moving and totally changed your life or whatevever was reviewed on a "bad movie" web site.  You must admit that Delicatessen isn't for everyone, as "bad" as it is(and by that I mean good).  There are much better things to do with our time than nit pick the labels that are put on movies and challenge people to an art-fag war, especially considering no one said Delicatessen sucked.  It's a good movie why don't ya just watch and enjoy?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Delicatessen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.