Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:38:45 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Drunken Wu Tang « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Drunken Wu Tang  (Read 92383 times)
ithur
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2000, 02:45:55 AM »

I didn't find the actual styles in this flick to be anything special, but who cares?  The crotch-munching bowling ball makes it all OK.  Something tells me this movie would be nothing without bad American dubbing...for some serious O.G. magical wire-flying bidness check out some of the films of Tsui Hark, like "Zu"...much more flavorful styles, great messed-up monsters, and great even with subs.  However this is surely the schlock masterpiece  of the "Wu-Tang" series...replay value is high even if ya gotta flip the audio off after the 2nd viewing.
ODH
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It was formerly called "Taoist Drunkard".  I love it.  Some of these purist people should go take karate classes at the Y or something.  Movies are movies.  Anyone in the Boston area NEEDS to check out Video Oasis on Cambridge street in Cambridge.  I got SHaolin Wooden Men Hall (early Chan), Legend of Liquid Swords, etc.  They have more Kung Fu than I've ever seen, literally hundreds.
djfin
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

this is one wacky movie...no plot, but it's funny as hell!  I'm gonna list off the best parts

1) that guy (forgot his name) wakes up and is just walking    around when the old devil flys in and starts kicking his ass.
the look on the guys face...it's great.

2) that guy (whoever he is) walks into the house, the bannana guy jumps down, and the guy starts beating the hell out of him
for no apparent reason.

3) the crazy dude who launches bombs at people blows up that one guy...then picks him up...except that he's a doll or something....i saw some stiches on his head...

4) "you will marry a old man with a red nose and buck teeth"
...best line ever.

5) "you will do as i say or grow old immediately" ...second best line ever.

6) the part where the old devil is throwing little explosive
airplanes at people...uh....i think they're airplanes...

crack kills!
whatsittoyou?
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2001, 03:54:40 AM »

I think Rat Face and Granny are the same actor.
Masterblaster-rob
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I really love this movie!!! Its so fast paced and whacked out (qualitys I like in a movie) and that Granny, when I saw
her Steven Reagal's old WWF theme (the stupid "man's man one) popped in my head LOL! I hope therest of the Wu-Tang films are this cool
Hei Long
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Wu Tang kicks f**king ASS!  Review "Wu Tang Temple" and "Wu Tang Master", both are wicked and both have the same guys in it (Rat Face and Cha Le are brothers in real life I think).  The Granny is the same guy as Rat Face (no s**t).  These flicks are SO crazy, you can tell why the Wu Tang Clan love these kung fu flicks and how the films influenced their music. Kick ass site!  Keep up the good work!
Clif
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I LOVE Drunken Wu-Tang! The only movie that comes close (and actually surpasses) it is Mafia vs Ninja.
There two are my all-time favorte zany kung-fu flicks!
Jake
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2002, 06:05:55 PM »

I own this movie, along with a bunch of other Wu-Tang movies.  It is one of my favorites.  Anybody who liked this, I would recommend Invincible Super Chan.  It is apart of the Wu-Tang Liquid Sword Collection.  It says on the box that it is banned in 34 countries.  It comes complete with people being vertically chopped in half, flying up 200 ft. cliffs and fighting little people!!  Drunken Wu Tang and Invincible Super Chan are MUST HAVES.
dethface
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is so bad and I've watched it so many times that it literally makes me nauseous to think about it.  This is perhaps the most insane film ever created.  You can only understand by watching it.  I recommend you do so, and then you can join the club of people who feel sick when they hear the phrase "Drunken Wu Tang".

<HURL>
warlorde
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is kick ass stuff! Crazy as hell, and all that.
The humor is awesome and the Watermelon monster is #1!
Watch this one and Godz of Wu Tang! You can't go wrong!
dbant
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just found and watched this film. OH MY GOD it is insane!

"And get off our roof!"
Julius
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

If I were to be blasted into outer space for I crime i have yet to commit i would not ask for a final phone call, simply a tape player and Drunken Wu Tang. I've made many friends suffer through this one.  I love the part when Master Ruthless kills the other guy, whose dying words are "MR, this I tell you before I depart..the day you take that document...is the day..you..die...".  I cracked up when MR kept punching him even after he expired. Oh yeah and that giant-ass sword too!  
Sirwanksalot
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie was done by the Yuen's Clan who have now went onto to become huge H-wood fight choreographers (Yuen Woo Ping) for such movies as Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, MATRIX and it's soon to be released sequals and loads of other smaller picks like Charlie's Angels.

These Yuen's made some of the wackiest Kung FU flicks ever. Heres a list. 1)"Drunken Tai Chi" which features ratface (Yuen Cheung Yan) and the usual Yuen crew along with the great Donnie Yen in his 1st starring role. watch them take on a mute killer with a passion for making Hobbie Horses. 2) "Drunken Wu Tang" (aka Taoist Drunkard) described here featuring cherry boy (Yuen Yat Choh)  3) "Shaolin Drunkard" Ratface plays double roles again as the damn ugly grandmother and costars again with Yuen Yat Choh. Evil Vampire Uses giant toad and Huge fire blowing Puppet to wreck havoc. 4) Wu tang Temple (aka YOUNG TAOISM FIGHTER) No Rat face, but cherry boy delivers the goods, features most bizarre final fight with villian I've yet seen. 5) The Miracle Fighter - Granny and cheery boy battle an evil bat type villian who happens to look like the same guy who always plays the villian these movies (Yuen Hsin Yee aka Sonny). Hope this helps - Sirwanksalot    
ZoSo
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Keep an eye out soon for Drunken Wu Tang to be released on DVD under the other title, "Taoism Drunkard" !!!!
Zach
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one fun movie to watch.  It can be a little hard to follow with the subtitles as difficult to decipher as the plot but that is all moot once the action starts.  Old Devil ranks up there with the Silver Fox as my favorite Kung-Fu bad guys.  I've never known this movie as Drunken Wu-Tang, only as Taosim Drunkard.  It was never part of the Wu-Tang presents VHS series that my local Hollywood video has.  Anyway, thanks for the advice about Invincible Super Chan.  It sounds like a good one that I've been trying to locate.  By the way.  What the hell was that scene about when Ratface is trying to find a cherry boy and is looking at all of the young kids' peckers?  What exactly was he looking for?  Hair? Measurements? Holy Michael Jackson Batman!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Drunken Wu Tang « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.