Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:30:19 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bad Taste « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Bad Taste  (Read 116434 times)
Greg B
« on: February 03, 1999, 11:57:41 PM »

Believe it or not, this film was improvised over four years of filming. Though not as good as the pure gore of Dead Alive, Peter Jackson scores with this superb horror flick which he both directs and acts in.
Tuffiash@mail.hartford.edu
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 1999, 04:58:06 PM »

I spent from July 1998 to November 1999 studying at the University of Auckland in Auckland, NZ. After a few weekend trips and a two week spring break I managed to see much of both islands. I mentioned all of that because you need to know that there are many, many sheep in New Zealand...especially the South Island. The random act of violence against the sheep in this film really isn't so random in the context of the culture...I heard more then a few 'jokes' about doing something like what happens in this movie in real life. It sure is fun talking with Kiwi's about Peter Jackson, too. There doesn't seem to be that much confidence in Jackson taking on the "Lord of the Rings" series. But EVERYBODY sure seems to like Meet The Feebles {described as "sick" by many a kiwi), Dead Alive and Bad Taste.
Fred
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Bad taste is done in bad taste and I love it. it is gory, funny, and stupid. Which means a job well done. If you like
movies like evil dead series where they were purposely messed up,and hag gags, then see this cult classic. I bought it on dvd yesterday uncut version it rules.
This movie will either be up your alley or just a stupid be movie, but I don't think it is a dumb movie(just pure genieus). peter jackson was a good director in this and actor. Way to go playing both robert and derek on the cliff very believable.  11 mins- Derek has an alien hanging upside down over the cliff. It is a bearded peter jackson.
19 mins- aliens use thier buddy as a battering ram
23 mins- That dude has a sledge hammer inbedded into his skull
29 mins- derek is rolling down a tall cliff splat.
36 mins- Dereks still alive
47- yum blue vomit
71 mins rpg (anti-armor weapons)
79. random act of violence on a sheep.
this is just some the things to watch out for.
So if you like b-movies, gory movies, or just plain like peter jackson at least rent it first. For those of you who are watching it for the first time watch out for these scenes.
Daniel Alonso
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 1999, 11:55:37 AM »

The first time I saw Bad Taste I were eleven and I alomst vomited. Now four years later I saw it again and love it. One of the best splatter/humour movies ever made. I can see it over and over again and I still laughes at it.
My favourite.
paul westbrook
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 1999, 11:29:48 AM »

Recently, I purchased this film at a Cinema One store in Brantford, and I must say, it was much more than I expected. The green vomit scene was a tad bit uncomfortable to watch, but all in all, Bad Taste was definately worth the money I shelled out to buy it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Taste was definately                                                                                                                                                                        tly worth the money I shelled out
Wes Core
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 1999, 08:34:11 PM »

I've seen literally over 100 B-movies and really cheezy horror movies, and I'd say this ranks in my top 10. Damn great movie! There's plenty of cheezy gore, humor, and just all out nasty stuff in this movie. Hooray for Peter Jackson!!!
David
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Bad Taste is a wicked film. When I first hired it on video I thought it was going to be another one of those cheap 80's movies which totally sucked. Boy was I wrong this movie kicked ass from start to finish I can see why it turned into a cult classic. Since First watching it I'm sure I've seen it many more times and would definately be worth getting on DVD if it is ever released on DVD.
Evil Edsel
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2000, 08:02:05 AM »

Amazing film considering that it was made over 4 years of weekends, they didn't get any funding until it was almost finished and Peter Jackson added ALL the gun flashes HIMSELF by HAND directly on to the film! Makes me proud to be a New Zealander.
baaataste@aol.com
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2000, 10:11:29 AM »

Dude This is prehaps the best flick ever made and of course peter jackson is my fav director, when i first saw this movie i wasn't in to b- horror movies but this has it all. A fantastic movie that should have been on the afi.
Jon
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Absolutely amazing film. Peter Jackson is a gift to Horror/Comedy's. Gore, action, comedy you name it this film has it. I bought the video cheap from a sale and i have watched it countless times still laughing at the infamous scene with the green goo drinking and when they kill one of the aliens and he says 'I've just cleaned there'. Personnaly Brain dead [Aka Alive-Dead] was better but still its a Must Watch film if you are a fan of Peter Jackson.

Jon
Screwed
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Cheated!!!! I feel CHEATED.  
I trusted the comments, which many of you left in regards to this movie, as well as the great comments left by the Badmovies.org creator.  Every other time I had purchased movies off this site I have found them to be incredible, such as with THE STORY OF RICKY and DEAD ALIVE (WHICH ARE MY FAVOURITE MOVIES) but this piece of filth was terrible, and I cant understand why you all enjoyed it?  The story was slow, the violence was boring and for one of the first times in my life I actually stopped the movie near the end and said "To hell with this" and walked away.  My hard earned money was wasted...sadly.  I would advise that anyone else thinking of purchasing this to think again and choose from another one from this amazing site!!
I will watch this movie again to see if I will enjoy it the second time.
Hollow
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2000, 07:07:30 AM »

Everyone must see this Peter Jackson debut, a real 'stinker'..Which in b-movies means of course a really good flick, which is what Bad Taste is! It was a bit different than I thought at first, but it sure was great! Everybody, this is a movie you have to see! Even the videocassette-cover tells it all, an alien with a Kalashnkikov giving you the finger with an evil grin on it's face. Oh yeah!
Dan Marsico (Trevor the Rat)
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2000, 02:51:45 PM »

I'm a huuuuggeee Peter Jackson Fan!!! Bad Taste is the first of his movies to enter my collection! Derek was an automatic favorite of mine who couldn't exist without the acting talents of peter jackson. You really have to respect a guy who made his whole creature supply in his mum's oven. If you love this movie as much as me leave me  a message on instant messager at braindead dm!!!
Perry Bauer
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I first got hipped to "Bad Taste" thru Rick Sullivan's reviews on the first and only "Gorgon Video Magazine" way back in '88 or so - Four Skulls, highest rating. My VHS copy was so popular that a "friend" sort of "borrowed" it. Then on Halloween '98 I saw a different version at an "art house" in the University District of Seattle, which had one brief gore scene that wasn't on the video version.
Anyway, I've seen "Bad Taste" at least twelve times - I love it. It's one of the most inventive, original and uproarious splatter films EVER! It's required viewing for anyone in my orbit, along with "Street Trash," "Daughter of Horror," and "Spider Baby." I have yet to see Jackson's "Heavenly Creatures," but I'm sure his upcoming "Lord of the Rings" films will be great.
Stay Sick.
Chris K.
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I finally saw BAD TASTE from an old Magnum Video copy. Unfortunately, alot of refference books claimed that the Magnum Video version was uncut and "Unrated". Sorry to say this but the books were wrong. Before the film started it had the R rating banner on the film. Basically, if the film was released with the "Unrated", and BAD TASTE was issued in limited theatres with the "Unrated", then it would not have the R rating banner on it. Magnum picked up a cut R print that was released in more domesticated theatres.

Nonetheless, I am now a Peter Jackson fan. Though BAD TASTE was shot on a gritty 16mm camera on a budget of $250,000, it just makes BAD TASTE look like TITANIC on a much more larger budget. The gore was fantastic as ever and the acting was good. The humor was even more authentic that the gore effects. BAD TASTE is played to be a parody and it all works. I just can't wait for Anchor Bay to release BAD TASTE on video and DVD. Now all I need to do is watch MEET THE FEEBLES and I will be all set. Also, I watched BAD TASTE and THE FRIGHTENERS all in one night and I feel that THE FRIGHTENERS is pretty good film from Mr. Jackson.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bad Taste « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.