Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:18:20 PM
712918 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hell Comes to Frogtown « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hell Comes to Frogtown  (Read 56455 times)
George
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The "three snakes" part is enough to traumatize even the toughest bad-movie aficionado.  Sucks to be Sandahl Bergman in that scene.  Rowdy Roddy Piper is the shiznit!

Speaking of Roddy Piper, when are we gonna see a review of "They Live"  on this site?  I'm surprised it's not on here already.  That movie is Bad-movie gold!
samb
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

O.K. it's official- I love this friggin site! Me & my buddy (Brandon) picked this up for $5 at the local Edward McKay (N.C. used video/dvd/cd/book store)and laughed like hell (Sam Hell, that is). At about minute 73 look for the miraculous first appearance of a samurai sword and ask yrself- "Where'd that come from?" Also dig actor William Smith as "Devlin". This guy's been in more bad movies than you can shake Roddy's superpotent stick at. A classic "bad guy" actor some may remember from the (supposed)A-list movie "Maverick" starring one Mel Gibson (pre-Passion dontchaknow). Loved "Frogtown" & "They Live" IS INDEED B-movie gold- hallelujah!
Hadrian Wolff
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Awesome movie! It was the last movie i watched before i went off to boot camp. While at Parris Island I swore when I got my  ten free days before MOS school. I was going to rent that movie and have Hungry Howie's pizza like I did the night before I left. But wouldn't you know it? The video store got baught out and the new place got rid of it. p**sed me off. But oh well. I'm still looking for a copy.

Albert
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

My stepdaughter played one of the passives in this movie.  

I told her that it was a "Class Z Stinker"
CptHook
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 11:00:43 AM »

I have a turkey called 'Mystery on Monster Island' on right now. I'm not sure how people like Terence Stamp and Peter Cushing got sucked ito making this fiasco, but what tied it to 'Hell Comes to Frogtown' was the reuse of the frog's costumes for the villains here. I keep waiting for a "ribbit" to come from behind one o' these masks.

KRD
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 12:59:40 AM »

In fall 1972, the writer-director of this film, the late Donald G. Jackson, was working for an auto bumper plant near Detroit, while making Super 8 films and publishing a film and comics fanzine called Finders Keepers. I had flown to Detroit for a sci-fi convention, he picked me up at the airport, and we spent hours in his car in rainy freeway traffic, him interviewing me on tape (I was only 18 but had already made and screened several films) as he drove us to the convention. I also took dozens of photos for his zine at the convention. He was a fascinating fellow, with a unique vision and great passion for films and filmmaking.

Those were the days...   
bqueen
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »

hi love the review just wanted to point out it's Sandhal Bergman not Sandra,  she kicks piper's ass
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »

Wow, if you can channel your inner 13-year old boy this is probably the greatest movie ever made. Piper's job is to travel the countryside sleeping with beautiful women and killing the occasional frog. Not a bad gig, and it comes with government benefits!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hell Comes to Frogtown « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.