Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:31:57 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Evil Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Evil Dead  (Read 95208 times)
Krissi
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Evil Dead wasn't the greatest low budget film ever but it WAS influential.

Yes, it is slow at times but it does make up for it all simply with the tree rape scene and the pencil to the ankle scene.

The other 2 movies are superior, and I like how the Ash character progresses through the films!
Abdul Sheehan
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think I'll rent a copy on the way to my mosque on Friday.
Cambot99
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I can't believe some people didn't like this film, this movie scared the crap out of Stephen King. I found the stabbing the pencil through the girls ankle scene very disturbing but this movie was great. Hey George, you mentioned about Ash in the next "Freddy vs Jason" movie, cause that intrigues me, I would love to see that. Ash going up against two legends, that would kick ass!
Cambot99
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Rephrasing myself "I found one scene disturbing when possessed Cheryl stabbed Linda's ankle with a pencil, god that must've hurt like hell!"
John
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw Evil Dead when I was like 8 i'm 19 now and its still as good as the first time i saw it. Sam Raimi changed Horror movies with ED nothing about the trilogy is bad but they do get a little on the comedy side not there is anything wrong with that but HEY! give'em some cred they had a limited budget but i wouldnt have it any other way.pencil through ankle ouch! raped by tree Hhhhmmmmm!  The Hills Have Eyes ha!  
Raj
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Classic movie but Campbell is not as funny as in Evil Dead II and AOD. Still, the violence is cool and some blackc omedy makes a delicious Evil Dead. Though we do not see the ghost, the film is very creepy. And the violence, well call it dirty, amusing or gross, it is brilliant. Can't believe how Raimi got selected to make Spiderman which was so subdued in violence. Still, this is one of Raimi's GROSSLY UNDER-RATED Classics. Cheryl being raped by a tree was quite weird for me. But it was rather humorous at times. Linda's 'We are gonna get you' is quite funny.

B-Movies are quite good. This is certainly the better horror film than the crap served nowadays(except The Hills have Eyes and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake).
Evil Dead pioneered the comedy horror series before Scream gave it a new dimension.
John Pickett
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I bought the VHS version the other day and I love the movie.  One thing I don't understand, there were broken windows that anything could walk thru, so why is Ash looking the doors?  Just a thought.....

Take care B-movie fans....

John
Seti
New Visitor

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2007, 07:54:14 PM »

could someone actually tell me where to find the tree rape scene? i heard a lot about it but never seen it. if u could find a link it would be great. just send me an email at seti@hotmail.co.uk
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2007, 10:41:05 PM »

Evil Dead pioneered the comedy horror series before Scream gave it a new dimension.

Uh, there's been comedy-horrors for decades prior to Evil Dead. I think they may actually go as far back as the silent film era. Therefore, Evil Dead didn't "pioneer" it.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »

"Bubba Ho Tep."

Bruce is an Elvis impersonator facing a Mummy in a nursing home.

I think that almost beats rape by trees.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2007, 09:08:42 PM »

I've yet to see the first Evil Dead.

I've got Evil Dead 2 on dvd, and have seen Army of Darkness.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ADAM
New Visitor

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2007, 08:51:31 AM »

This is one of my favourite classic horror movies.

I love it! It made me jump and laugh at the same time.

Me and my dad were laughing our heads of when the lady got rapped by a tree.

This is a defiantly must see flick.

Everyone will love it except for people who don't have any sense humour at all.

I give it  Twirling Twirling BounceGiggle BounceGiggle hot out of  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2008, 03:58:52 PM »

Raimi obviously cared a lot more about moving as quickly as possible from one cool camera trick/gory scene to another, and that keeps it from being a "good" movie as opposed to a collection of memorable scenes.  Still, it's obvious why most horror fans love this one.  There's a real exuberance, love and creativity to it that you don't see very often in low budget flicks. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Brandon
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2008, 12:26:27 PM »

The Plot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Five Friends Go To A Cabin In The Woods & The One The Only (Bruce Campbell) Ash So Called But They Found A Book Unleashing Evil So The Dead Rise----------------------------

The Review
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Classic Highly Recomede It So It's A Classic

Small | Large
NHYUS
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2008, 06:30:27 AM »

I stole this movie from somebody... sorry, ill give it back if you ask for it... army of darkness is by far the chestiestjavascript:void(0);
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Evil Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.