Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:37:00 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn  (Read 89326 times)
british jimmi
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Firstly, I've got to say your site and your reviewing style has me in stitches.  I used to frequent your site because one of my friends who is into B-movies said you were good; I wasn't into them at all.  Now thanks to your site, I have seen around twenty and own a good ten classics.  The likes of 'Reefer Madness' and Ed Wood's 'Bride of the Monster' have been a joy (with the help of a lot of liquor and a couple of mates).  So, yes.  Thanks for that.

Secondly, I guess a comment on this film would be appropriate.  I loved it; I think it is one of the funniest zombie flicks out there (and that is including the recent British-made spoof 'Shaun Of The Dead' that borrows liberally from it and various others).  Would wonder what you thought about that if you've had the chance to see it?  Bruce Campbell as Ash sawing limbs off, being goaded by his possessed hand, and the one-liner.  Myself and my friends cry with laughter and rewind the tape at 'groovy'.  Every.  Single.  Time.

I'm guessing you are overseas at the moment, so looking forward to when you come back and update the site with some more reviews.  

bb6634
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2005, 04:01:25 AM »

This is the Citizen Kane of b-movie horror.   This is the movie that put Sam Raimi (and Bruce Campbell) on the map.
cthulhu
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of the best cheesy movies ever!  Even I (The Almighty Cthulhu) enjoyed it immensly.  The best part has got to be the evil deer head.  Cheese at it's finest.  

Sincerely,
The Almighty Cthulhu
Money
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Theres one thing about zombe movies that I don't understand, why they dont kill all the zombes with a bomb. That will get them all!
Crazed Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ash is the king! If you don't like Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn, then you're a souless bastard!!
Cambot99
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2006, 10:26:36 PM »

All I got to say about this movie is... groovy!
Luke
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 12:10:22 PM »

Just saw Evil Dead 2 n gotta say its one of the best, funniest films ive ever seeen. Even enjoyed it more than fightclub.
Jeff
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »

This Movie Is Cool. A Dude With A Chainsaw Kills Gouls.
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 05:30:10 PM »

I just saw this movie SUPERB!

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Brandon
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 12:35:30 PM »

The Plot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ash Forgot About His Terable Past So He & His Grilfriend Went To The Cabin In The Woods So He Found The Book & A Tape Recoder & Then The Evil Started Poping Up Killing His Girlfriend So 4 More People came
To Do Some Rescrearch They All Died Byut Ash-------------------------------------------

My Review
-----------------------------------------
Stupidly Funny Great Humor

Small | Large

PeanutButterBlood
New Visitor

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain.

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 10:34:29 PM »

Sorry to bring up an old review, but I just watched this and was dismayed to find that nobody brought up the best part ever.  Maybe it's the best part out of any other movie.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:36:45 PM by PeanutButterBlood » Logged
kevin Sommerer
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »

By far the greatest horror movie of all time, it easily the 4th greatest movie of all time, just behind the back to the future trilogy

i understand you complimented the movie, but i was enraged when i saw this movie on this site. great movie though.

i have introduced so many people to this movie, it is indeed groovy
anthony
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »

one of the best damn horror flicks ever.
im glad i found this when i was younger, it was one of the first horror films i ever saw and after seeing this thing i was hooked. after viewing this i whatched every horror film i could get my hands on and that hasnt changed to this day, this is the movie that realy got me addicted to horror and i will treasure it for as long as i live.
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 01:45:13 AM »

This one went more to the humorous side of it. He realized it was a little cheesy and made it purposely insane. lol.
It most certainly worked. Entertaining with lots of laughs.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 01:59:01 AM »

I never thought of this movie as a sequel, but more of a reboot of the original Evil Dead (1981). I especially enjoyed the scenes involving Ash's possessed and severed hand, though I always wondered what happened to it after it crawled into the wall. This scene bothered me for years after seeing it, because Sam Raimi deliberately left it up to our imaginations; the true sign of a classic film!

My theory eventually rested on the idea that the hand became a separate living undead entity upon severance from Ash's body, that Ash did indeed shoot it through the wall with the shotgun, then as the hand died from its massive injuries, its newly disembodied soul became a part of the possessed cabin, became angry at Ash for killing it, thus spewing loads of blood out of the walls and all over Ash, before possessing the furniture and the infamous "laughing deer" on the wall. It did this because it knew that the other visitors were soon to arrive, and intentionally drove Ash temporarily insane so that he would start blasting his shotgun at the first sign of trouble, in the hopes of Ash inadvertently taking out whomever tried to step in the front door, as what almost happened in the next scene.

Only truly great films allow the viewer to add so much depth to such an already complex and complicated, intricate plot in such a highly dramatic, philosophical cinematic piece as this glorious gem of a Hollywood classic!  TeddyR

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.