Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:51:07 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Death Ship  (Read 119404 times)
stavner
« on: January 25, 1999, 11:21:50 PM »

So was the guy having the old Nazi propaganda film projected onto him end up trapped in the film forever, or what really did happen to him?
fenris@badmovies.org
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 1999, 11:21:50 PM »

Hehehehe!  No, that was Nick being projected on.  He drowns in the cargo hold about two minutes later.
Warren H.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 1999, 01:01:24 PM »

Mein Gott! What a crappy movie!
Jonathon Dabell
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 1999, 09:48:24 AM »

This was a pretty awful movie, but it was also bloody hilarious.
KennyB
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 1999, 10:31:07 AM »

Yes, this movie has some funny (and glaring) bloopers in it, but hey, it's a horror movie, that's part of the fun.  Overall, though, I thought the scenes on the haunted ship to be creepy and atmospheric.  If only they'd wrapped that cool atmosphere around a script that made sense! It's a shame this one isn't more liked, because the whole "ghost ship" genre has been greatly underused by horror/suspense film makers.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2000, 10:22:30 AM »

I have mixed feelings about this movie.  On one hand the atmosphere could be good, on the other hand, the movie blows ass.  The only part I liked was Mancuso getting drowned in the cargo hold.  Otherwise, ugh.  George Kennedy stole my soul.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 1999, 11:52:42 AM »

This movie isn't all that bad.  I also don't know why you hate George Kennedy so much.  I always found him to be so bad he's good.
NetFrog Alpha
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 1999, 11:31:17 AM »

There was definitely something going on in this movie, but for the most part it was actually pretty boring. I found the atmosphere generated by the haunted ship to be pretty creepy, and the Nazi undertones added to that effect. On a somewhat similar note, the newer film "Virus" was far too much like this film to be of any value. If you see this, skip "Virus."
J-Nator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 1999, 11:41:29 PM »

This movie IS stupid, however, I do think the haunted atmosphere and the Nazi overtones are creepy as hell. This movie creeped me out a little when I first saw it about 12 years ago, the repetitive shots of the hydrolics stayed with me I think. But the characters are all idiots, save for the head guy who actually gives a believable performance as a man who is trying to save his family. The swarmy comedian deserved a worse death, and, if I was to ever board a haunted Nazi ship that is obviously trying to kill me and others, I like to think that I would avoid DRINKING IT'S WATER AND EATING IT'S 40 YEAR OLD FOOD!!!
also: have fun counting the number of times the phrase "We have to get off this ship!" is said
Squishy
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 1999, 03:42:30 AM »

Watch for the woman drowning in blood in the shower; moments later, Kennedy is seen carting away AN INFLATABLE LOVE DOLL COVERED WITH RED PAINT under one arm, which is supposed to be her body! Oh, MERCY!
Ian C.
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 1999, 10:58:47 AM »

This movie was fairly bad until Crenna and Mancuso found the Nazi room.  For a short time the film actually scared me.  Did someone else direct those 5 minutes?
chells@nortelnetworks.com
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 1999, 06:54:00 AM »

I saw this on TV about 15 years ago and remember it being hilarious because it was so bad. Where can I get a copy to re-live this moment (seriously!!).
ecto@centurytel.net
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 1999, 12:37:15 AM »

I have felt for years that this film is the absolutely worst, most unwatchable movie I have ever seen.
It came on TV in the late 80's a couple of times and I just could'nt sit through the whole thing .
The whole humourless atmophere of this film made me sick . The Nazi theme was just a cheap means of adding some sence of horror an already dismal excuse of a film.
I absolutely HAVE to see this film again . Next time I'll make myself see it in its entirety !
monkeygirl@thepentagon.com
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2000, 08:57:25 AM »

I recently saw this movie on video ($2 weekly) after seeing it as a late night movie last year
Things that annoy me about Death Ship:
-why are the kids in a different cabin to the parents? The parents are already convinced that the Captain is insane
-why doesn't the sister make that annoying boy take a leak in the hallway?
-why doesn't the Captain kill the two kids when he sees them in the hallway? He's already proved that he's pretty evil
Also, in the scene where Nick is having the Nazi film projected onto him and the good captain is trying to demolish the projector - why don't they look behind them and look for another projector?
I was also grossed out by the woman kissing that latex mask...but that's just me
Mureed Ahmad
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2000, 07:38:46 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this movie.. i saw it 14 years ago.. i remember crackin up as a 8 yr old.. HAHAHA
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.