Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:23:02 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Death Ship  (Read 119412 times)
LastSummer9@aol.com
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2000, 05:00:52 PM »

s**t, I love this movie!! It's one hell of a crap film. I like the scene where this old lady eats some candy. I think it's  always a bad idea to eat some old s**t you find on a rusty ghost ship! I have a copy of this movie and I'm proud of it!
Tony
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well I finally tracked down a copy of this movie, I have been looking for it forever. I love this movie. Just a couple of days ago I bought the new movie "Ghost Ship" that too was a really great movie, quite similar in some ways. Neither movie is what I would call scary, but they have a certain attractive creepiness to them that catches my attention.
John Liberatore
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2000, 09:29:55 PM »

This movie was RETARDED
John Liberatore
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2000, 12:36:58 PM »

HA!! I didn't bother to look at the back to see who was in it. But when I saw GEORGE KENNEDY in the opening credits I knew I was in for a STINKER!! This movie sucks.
Chadzilla
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2000, 03:32:46 PM »

My wife bought me a copy of this on video because I had never seen it and it looked spooky to her.  It certainly is cheap and stupid, but the premise is, admittedly, a pretty darn good one.  Nancy Holder wrote a fairly decent Ghost Ship novel called Dead in the Water the used a very similiar plotline to this movie.  Granted she also had characters and storylines, which this movie does not.  Great set though, obviously some producer had a friend with a spare ship or something and they said, "Let's make a haunted ship movie!" and made it up as they went along.  The highest praise for this skull rated movie is that it has made me hungry to watch Shock Waves again, now THAT is a great Haunted Nazi Ship movie!  Review that one Andrew, please.
Absinthe
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2000, 09:55:56 PM »

This movie was so bad, my brain hurt after I saw it. I just kept thinking "why was this made, why, why does someone wish me to go through this torture?" I still don't understand, I probably never will.
Foy
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2000, 11:02:03 AM »

Oh God.  This movie totally sucks.  Did anybody else notice that propaganda film with the little man dancing and singing on the piano was in English?  I thought it was a Nazi interrogation ship, and I was under the impression that Germans spoke German.  Maybe I was wrong.  Overall, watching this movie is a scarring blistering experience.  My friend has the movie poster, if that matters.
gene
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

i was eight years of age  when i saw this film, late at night, on my own, i was fascinated at the time by the shots of the engine room and the shot of the front of the ship cutting through the water, actually these scenes have lodged themselves somewhere in my brain and pop back from time to time, i hadn't a clue what it was about other than a ship killing people...i got the video out recently 19  years later, and liked it in a nostalgic kinda way.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have this film at home. Death Ship really isn't that bad of a movie. It might even be considered a classic of B- Moviedom. Still, the acting is that of an amateurish level.
Ragdoll
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie was ultimately horrendous!  From the bad acting, to the bad the bad script.  The screen writer should be shot!!!  George Kennedy is one of the worst actors I've ever seen.  Whatever money that was spent on this movie, would have been used better if it was thrown overboard, at least it wouldn't have gotten spent on that oh-so-obvious blow-up doll).  I give this movie a -1 out of 10.  Even for a B-movie, it's craptastic.
Ryan
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2000, 05:27:24 PM »

This movie was good and bad in my oppinion i thinks that the people who say this movie sucks only say that after it was all pointed out waching it every once in while i think its realy not that bad and it dosent deserve the skull one slime at the most!
ALEX CLARKE
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2000, 04:06:18 PM »

This is without doubt one of the finest films ever made.
Daniel Wright
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Did the German navy make childsize uniforms?

Also did anyone notice the fact that even though the
Captain is wounded and out cold no one bothers to change him out his filthy and soaked clothing?
Nightflyer
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It was a 80's film, it was pretty good for the time it was made. I actually loved it growing up, so much so that I've started writting a sequal script myself.

Macabre Matt
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love this film, it's one of my wife's all time favorites! It's similar to "Shock Waves" which was released in 1975, starring Peter Cushing and John Carradine. She also like's Lucio Fulci's "House by the Cemetary" can you review this one, please?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.