Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:44:59 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Death Ship  (Read 119564 times)
John Dashwood
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »

Say what you want. Nazi were damn good cooks! Dressed sharp too.
Barfoclop
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2007, 10:19:34 AM »

Anyone notice that "Nazi" jacket Kennedy was wearing had an Eastern Airlines logo on it?

Wow, was this film bad... but in a good-bad way.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2007, 01:26:24 AM »

God help me!  I actually enjoyed this flick!
nooly
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2007, 05:27:52 PM »

now that was a bad movie... sometimes i couldn't believe my eyes... and when i thought i was about to get bored, something funny came up =)
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2007, 10:42:16 PM »

**A SPOILER OR TWO**

I got this movie on the basis of your review, Andrew.

Man, you were so right.

I could tell right away the Jack Hill influence in the script - random acts of cruel violence and rampant embarrassment of the women herein.  Anyone who has seen anything with Jack Hill's name in the credits knows what I mean.

The most painful thing about it was that, in spite of every actor's apparent desire to try and act in a plausible movie, the direction, effects and pacing smack them down at every turn.  And then there's the business of the ending where Marshall's wife is locked up by Ashland one moment and then, after Ashland is waylaid and Ashland and his kids ready themselves to leave the ship, Ashland's wife magically appears, out of the locked chamber and offering no explanation as to how she got out.  Amazing.

And what kind of self-respecting cruise ship lets itself get wrecked by a Nazi ship that doesn't even move?

Painful is an overused word to describe movies like this but in the case of Death Ship, it's accurate.

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Harold Alexander
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2009, 01:40:17 PM »

Stuff to Watch For:

13 mins - This is stock footage from "The Poseidon Adventure" or something.

As somebody noted before, the stock footage is taken from THE LAST VOYAGE (1960), whose starring was Robert Stack.
quasar1967
New Visitor

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2018, 04:08:41 AM »

recently watched this and i can honestly say its not the best film nor the worst. its confusing at times, especially towards the end when scenes transition in a confusing way and most of the deaths make no logical sense whatsoever
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.