Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:43:04 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Beginning of the End « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Beginning of the End  (Read 59189 times)
Gojifan
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2004, 04:19:47 PM »

This is an awful movie. Locusts is good but grasshoppers? This is a rip-off to Them. The only good version is the MST3K version.
Cal Smith
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 12:35:49 PM »

I saw this movie on MST3K. It was bloody hilarious. But the movie would have been better if 1. The grasshoppers could jump and smash people. And 2. Used a model of a building insted of a postcard when the g-hoppers were climbing the building.
Electric Armpit
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The movie "Them" about the giant ants seemed to be a relatively big budgeted high quality sci-fi-horror production. I believe "Beginning of the End" was made after "Them" and appears to be a quick and sleazy attempt to cash in on the giant bug fad, which is a part of the "End" charm.

I first saw this giant grasshopper epic on TV as a small child 40 years ago and took it quite seriously. Later on as a more discerning adult I grew to love it for its unabashed tackiness.
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Like many, I saw the MST3K version.

And was I the only one who noticed the edge of the cardboard cutouts?

Violence: *
Goofiness: *** The eating of mute man was priceless
Monster: **
Actors: *
Overall: **
IT.
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 11:32:29 AM »

I saw this this movie and it was terrible.The only good scene I can remember was when a locust busted in on a lady getting out of the bathroom.A weak atempt to rip off THEM.
movietom
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Being born in 1950 has it's advantages. This is the kind of movies and movie effects we kids grew up with. It's just as much fun watching it today as it was in the late 50s and early 60s. I just purchased this film on DVD and am awaiting anxiously to see it again after many years. Newer generations laugh at this stuff and it's sad they don't realize all the effects used nowdays had to have their roots somewhere. I'm still a big Harryhausen fan and
love this old B movie stuff, too. So you younger generations should be appreciative of these early pioneers' efforts. They paved the way for the new CGI graphics and such. So there !
pirateyoho!
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie sucks horribly. It shouldn't even be called a movie. More like a world when bugs will rule the world.
Scott Ferrell
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 08:03:33 PM »

Again with the car reference.  The snappy covertible Audrey is tooling aroung in is a 1956 Chrysler New Yorker, It was 4100.00 new.  That book on Korea must have been a smash hit for her to pick up that little number.   
Scratch
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 08:33:05 PM »

My favorite line? "You can't drop an atomic bomb on Chicago!"
Well, of course you can dufus. hot
David
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 11:07:54 PM »

This movie is a guilty pleasure for me. I lived in Ludlow. The town that was eaten by the Grasshoppers.  TeddyR
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »

hah! I watched Mike and the Bots this sunday. Still a classic MST3K.
And my favorite line?

Crow : "One weekend a month my ass!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
The American Original
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 11:16:24 AM »

I think it sucks that handicapped people get killed by the monster. But whats weird is, I didnt have any complaint about the wheelchair guy in Friday the 13th Part 2 that got the machete across the face. He had hopes and ambitions and those were mentioned in the movie too. Maybe in spite of that, he wasn't a character the audience could really relate to, or maybe it was just some cheap shock gimmick.  Lookingup
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »

Peggie Castle is soo hot.
But anyway, it's kind of bland until the view of the first grasshopper.
Then you can't stop laughing because it's just so ridiculous.
Watching grasshoppers climb a picture of a building. Ever hear of models?

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Beginning of the End « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.