Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:33:15 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai  (Read 143626 times)
Chazilla
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2000, 01:44:27 PM »

The single most disappointing thing about this movie was that the sequel never got made, perhaps that was a joke as well.  Still this is a truly great movie, it has everything, including one of coolest end title credit sequences I have ever seen.  Soundtrack album out there?  Anyone?  Anyone?
Julius
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2000, 01:52:04 PM »

Thank God they didn't dig in deeper "dimensions"... the 14th, the 83th... or maybe the 106th, gee! that's a scary one!
Vic
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2000, 10:35:42 PM »

I agree, this movie is awesome. Sci-Fi acreens it on occasion, but not nearly often enough. The writers of this movie just had some of the wall stuff. Fave lines:

"What's your name?"

"John Smallberries."

"And yours? John Ya-Ya ... ok"

I read in an issue of Fangoria back in 96, I guess, where Peter Weller was hyping his new movie, Screamers (which shoud also be on this list) where he said he hopes one day to actually do Buckaroo Banzai vs. The World Crime eague. I doubt it, but it'd be interesting at the least.
jean
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2000, 07:49:55 PM »

BB is an awesome movie. So what if it's cheesy, it was the 80's!
forkboy
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2000, 12:48:49 PM »

Note that Yoyodyne is the name of the corporation in Thomas Pynchon's Crying of Lot 39.
Mark Fisher
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I absolutely love this movie especially the pedantic nature of John Bigboutie. It's a delight to watch for all the asides in the background. And then there's Ellen Barkin!
wendym
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've seen this film several times and I think it's brilliant!. I think it's one of the best things that John Lithgow has done. The alien ship interiers are the best. It's such a shame they never made the sequel
jaywilson
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2000, 01:16:48 PM »

No matter what you think of this film, there it is.
Alex
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2000, 09:42:39 PM »

Actually, at www.dailyscript.com there is a link to a script of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 6th Dimension. Hope this helps.
Doug Frye
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It is a shame that "Buckaroo Bonzai vs. the World Crime League" never got made. I love this film.
Evil !!!! Pure and Simple from Planet 10!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

HOO BOY!! I love Buckaroo Banzai.  I remeber saving up my allowance as a wee 7year old to buy the Marvel magazine adaption.  I also got the novelization for Christmas of 1984.  This movie is great fun.  Watch it back to back with Big Trouble in Little China and you have a super night.  BTW the sequel was to be called Buckaroo Banzai Vs. THe World Crime League!!

It's not my goddam planet monkeyboy!!!!!!
Aaron Agassi
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh, screw any banal World Laugue of Crime rehash!  

L. Sprague de Camp's first published work: 'Isolinguals', Astounding, September 1937 later anthologized by Damon Knight in FIRST FLIGHT : MAIDEN VOYAGES IN SPACE AND TIME. Lancer, PB, in 1963, adapted into a Buckaroo Banzai Adventure, 'Buckaroo Banzai and the Isolinguals', would make a far better sequel.  
Barb Stafford
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh, those were the days.  Coldwar paranoia and $1.05 admission on Tuesday nights at the local movie theatre.  I saw BB 7 times on the big screen (countless on tape), and I married the man that sat through it with me 7 times.  Kids these days, they don't get it, 'cause the world's not going to blow up anymore, and noboday wears shoulderpads.  Have you ever seen so many shoulderpads in a movie?
Yuug
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I can't believe I hear all these comments about how stellar the cast was and everyone bringing up Goldblum, Lithgow, Birkin, and Weller's names... Everyone's forgetting the biggest name of them all: YACKOFF SMIRNOFF!! YEAH!! He totally made the movie. Even if he was in it for about 2 seconds.

That and the scene where Buckaroo is flying the spaceship at the end and says "Get off the knob and take the wheel!" and then the Jamacian alien lifts his head up with strange glazed looking eyes is classic. Even though the rest of the movie had me wanting to kill myself several times over. I'm sorry. I don't know what any of you see in this movie, but UGGGGGGHHHHH!!!
Neville
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I really dig this movie. probably is the one which opened the door for me to watch more B-movies. I really had a great time watching it, and I don't know what I laughed at
the most, if the great John Lithgow in a Mussolinni parody or the disarming first line of the plot: A group of scientists who are also a r&r band. That's err original.

Anyway, here's some present for all the lovers of the movie,
the original script:

http://home.online.no/~bhundlan/scripts/BuckarooBanzai.txt

Courtesy of Movie-page.com: http://www.movie-

page.com/movie_scripts.htm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.