Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:16:45 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Jack Frost « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Jack Frost  (Read 101615 times)
wheresthecarrot
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

As you can probably tell from my username, I love this movie.  Not because it's good, but because of how bad it is.  I can say that it is better than "Uncle Sam," which was produced by the same people.  But the movie is so incredibly not scary it's wonderful.  It's also good to see where Shannon Elizabeth got her roots.  It's a great movie, in the same way that "Cannibal the Musical" and "Silent Night Deadly Night" are good.  If you love dumb horror movies, it's a must see.
Desdanova
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I caught this movie some time ago (on HBO or the like) and though it was great fun... Humorous like "Nightmare on Elm Street" albeit a bit sillier. The next winter I saw "Jack Frost" in the listings again and the anticipation swelled inside me. I actually scheduled my time to watch it (which I rarely do) and had the popcorn and the coffee ready when it came on. Imagine my HORROR when that mushy-ass, warm and fuzzy rip-off movie featuring Michael Keaton started rolling!!! Talk about AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!!
Heinrich_Himmler
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2002, 07:20:01 PM »

This thing is bad and I do mean really bad.When I saw it I expected it to be so bad its good type fair.You know clever jokes and quips and such atleast.Well it is just plain bad nothing good about it.Who the f**k made this movie?
Craig
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2003, 11:32:58 AM »

I have a few more points i forgot about. Sam was about to die then he miracoulsly has the energy to push the killer snowman into the car full of anti-freeze. Not that ive tried it i think anti-freeze and stab wounds dont mix well, though sam seems to forget about this. One again this film is s**t. It should win an oscar for being the crapiest film ever. I was in pain laffing at how crap it was
alicia
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2003, 02:04:24 AM »

This movie is fabulous!  Come on, its a killer snowman!!!  How demented can you get?
Dominique
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I must say, I saw the film today and LOVED it!! Jack Frost is now a classic for me, not because it's a 'quality movie', but because it's such a hilarious piece. My hat goes off to everyone involved in making the movie, and my fellow Frost-lovers! :)  ...and why is it that no one here has mentioned the random Idiot (wearing a neon orange hat and a target on his back) that walks throughout the film?! He's hilarious! Notice him in the sheriff's office after the old-man is murdered, walking past the sheriff's house while Jill is being carroted to death, stepping out of the town hall with marshmallows before Frost is blow dried to death, and at the very end of the film putting ANTI-FREEZE in his truck while the other bottles of Jack poisoned anti-freeze are being buried... Remember, one man's trash is another treasure!
 *kiss kiss bang bang* - Dominique
Jason Marin
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Actually, Agent Manners didn't die in this flick. There is a sequel called Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman, and in this sequel Agent Manners is brought back but is played by a different guy.
Austin
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Maybe just a little TOO corny.  They're trying a bit too hard.  I think this movie would have been much funnier had they put on the appearance of being a little more serious.  They just try so hard to be funny & it just doesn't work half the time.  Reminiscent of the type of humor you'll find in such hits as Redneck Zombies and Gore Whore.  Worth renting I guess, but I can't really say anything very good about it.  I give it 1.5 goo-drips.
Dana
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is most definitely one of the best "B" movies I have ever seen.  This movie ranks with the likes of Death Race 2000 and Slumber Party Massacre 2.  In my opinion, this has to be the most inventive, laugh til your pants split movie with a budget under $500 ever made.  After seeing this little treasure in a mound of crap, I fully hoped the sequel, (set in a summer resort no less), would be at least half as good. Wrong O.  For a good time you can't beat a movie where hair dryers on extensions cords are used as weapons to kill a serial killer.  Ha.. makes me feel warm all over again just thinking anout it.
springsprite
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I accidentally turned the channel to this movie several years ago.  It was the worst movie I had seen but I couldn't stop watching.  I still can't think of a worse movie (and I can find things to like about Manos.)
Felicity
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Definitely falls into the subgenre of horror-comedy.  If anything, its problem is not that it takes itself too seriously--it’s that it tries to be funny.  It is, ironically, less funny when a bad movie *tries* to be so bad that it’s funny.

In spite of that, it was fun.  Of course, it fell into the same trap as practically every movie ever made--being set in a small town--but as with Abraxas, the town wasn’t so small that we didn’t get to see *any* civilization whatsoever.

I’d give it two stars--a comfortable movie to watch if you’re going in with low expectations.
Cambot99
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I can't remember the last time I saw a monster movie that involved a killer snowman but still, great movie. My favorite line in this movie was "Well it aint f**king Frosty".
Crazed Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2006, 02:41:24 PM »

Whats not to like about a pychotic snowman. I thought the story in the begining set the mood for a horror/comedy. Over all a good movie.
Cambot99
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Never said I didn't like pychotic snowman, it's just rare you see a happy snowman suddenly go nuts and shoots icicles through your head. I had this movie but suddenly it disappeared and I can't find it anywhere.
Will Sammut
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have yet to see this gem of cinema, I did however see the sequel at 2 am on Starz, I bet this ones better than the sequel in its fun, the sequel lacked the original absurdity and stupidity that I look for in crap horror films. I think they need a box set with this and its sequel, as well as uncle sam, silent night deadly night, and the maniac series. It wuld be a good buy instead of geting them all individually, oh yes and we need more shannon elizabeth shower hump scenes, "Looks like christmas came early this year, hope it was good for you too." LMAO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Jack Frost « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.