Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:16:38 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Skeeter « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skeeter  (Read 28354 times)
Brill
« on: January 11, 1999, 08:15:22 PM »

I've seen this one, and it's all right as far as humour goes, but for a superior giant mosquito flick, check out "Mosquitos". By the way, when I say a superior giant mosquito flick, I mean the mosquitos are bigger. the copy I saw was broken (we checked the vcr, it's fine), because about 30 minutes into it, it turned black and white. That is what an elbow drop will do to a bad movie.
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 1999, 04:09:57 AM »

Beside "Mosquito," which I believe stars Gunnar Hansen (the original Leatherface!), there's also "Mosquito!," a fictional movie-in-a-movie featured in the horror-spoof "Popcorn." It's a take on the older '50's schlock, like "Tarantula," and you get to see a man's head sucked dry while he drives a truck (just watch it)!
JT
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw Skeeter on the Sci Fi Channel recently.  It was a pretty good/okay movie. I'd give it 3 green drops. The townsfolk seemed a bit odd though- Drake the land Developer sounded more like he did undertaking for a living, Boone looked kinda like a crossover between Steve MqQueen and James Dean, Chrissy and her dad seemed trapped in an endless family feud, and everyone else seemed to have little reaction to finding dead bodies. Some of my favorite scenes include-

1. Chrissy's dad meeting his demise

2. The scene with the guy who put his wife in his car trunk.

3. The two rednecks talking about their close encounter with a Skeeter.

4. When somebody makes a voluntary blood donar to a caged Skeeter.

5. When the fat police guy squashed a Skeeter in his hand as he died.

6. The Skeeters flying in the mine (I love how you can tell they were edited into the movie like in "The Birds." That is such a riot!)
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh, it's been a while with Skeeter for me. But this movie didn't change a thing. I still hate the little bastards

Violence: ***
Goofiness: ***
Monster: *
Actors: *
Overall: **
Fox Of Nod
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 07:19:17 AM »

WOW those are very small Skeeters compared to the ones were I live
Omega and Victor
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Omega: Victor and I have a question to ask you, badmovies.org.

Victor: you see the question is this: is this movie supposed to be a sequel of Mosquito? if it is, do you think it would be okay to give this movie a nickname known as "Mosquito 2?"

Omega: And if not, is it a prequel or a spin-off of the mosquito movie? The reason we are asking you that is because both films have mosquitos as enemies and the toxic waste is similar to the alien blood in "Mosquito."

Victor: Also Skeeters and Mosquitos are both the same thing and they were probably released around the same time.

Omega: If you have an answer, please report it us, the Paranormal Investigators. Thanks.
amity
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Jim Youngs as Roy is hot, and I'd watch anything he's in.
jim harrison
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

At about minute 17, the sheriff is talking with the evil old guy.  In the sheriff's sunglasses you can see the reflection of the film crew.  Boy does this movie suck.
David
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »

I just rented this yesterday and watched it. It definitely sucks, but two questions. What the hell kind of toxic, mutative waste would be made while developing land, and did anyone else recognize the crazy guy from They Live? In this movie he's the one who shows his butt to the sheriff.
Felicity
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 09:36:56 PM »

I have both this movie and the other one, Mosquito (1994), on VHS. I can never remember which is the good one but the good one is the one with Angus Scrimm, Charles Napier, and William Sanderson, which judging from the “Images” section of your review appears to be this one. This was an OK movie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Skeeter « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.