Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:55:40 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Zardoz « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: Zardoz  (Read 161085 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 10, 1999, 08:55:57 PM »

Where can you find Sean Connery dressed in a loincloth, a giant flying stone head that spouts NRA rhetoric from one side of its mouth, and denounces unprotected sex from the other, and a commune filled with people who are so bored with life that they have given up on enjoying anything at all?  The Seventies baby, the Seventies.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dr. Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 1999, 06:28:37 AM »

This movie could not keep a standard level of quality, for a while it would be terrible, one minute a weird guy with a facial hair made with a magic marker would be talking and the next minute the movie would be really interesting and cool, then suddenly some one would say something stupid and it would be funny again for a while.  Over all I liked the movie though, it was just too strange to hate.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 1999, 06:48:29 AM »

This movie is exellent. Some people seem to be having trouble understanding it. Sean is a rocker! Admittedly it is a crazy show indeed but that does not detract from this ingenius mindbender of script. People have to learn to read between the lines and not take everthing at face value. There is a lot more to life than meets the eye. Make the choice. EVOLVE!
nation@club-internet.fr
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 1999, 11:23:00 AM »

Zardoz is a film about nature like the other movies by John Boorman such as Excalibur, Delivrance (with Burt Reynolds and Henry Fonda) or the Esmeralda forest (I am not sure of the title but it takes place in Amazonia).

I did not dislike Zardoz. There are good ideas, but it is sometimes ridiculous for example Sean Connery in a wedding dress. The vortex people looks like a hippie community in the middle of the british countryside.
arp@slab.org
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 1999, 04:24:31 PM »

Fascinating, baffling film that has moments of brilliance but seems to go out of its way to be ridiculous. One of a select band of intelligent, quite famous 'proper' science fiction movies, in that it's actually about ideas, and not just a horror or action movie with a science fictionial backdrop. It's a terrible shame that it makes itself so hard to take seriously at times.

As a totally silly trivia point Sean Connery wanders around with a rare Webley automatic revolver. Tell that to your friends.

The main classic piece running through the film is the second 'bit' of Beethoven's Seventh Symphony.
Dante
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 1999, 10:25:33 AM »

This movie had potential!! I would rank it up there as a failed Clockwork Orange. I think the director must have put his entire budget into Sean's wages. All in all the plot was great and the twisted ending scene in my mind made the entire thing worth while.
sana
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Look at you all guys!!! all speak about the same movie in a same place... let's have a second level forum!
more seriously, this movie is great! i just buy it yesterday, image! I'm french living in Shanghai and find this in a illegal DVD shop... ZARDOZ! with Sean Connery and Charlotte Ramplin (famous in europe indeed). My first think was "Z movie from 70's" and i was right! i get what i was looking for, the pure imagination from our LSD/gangbanger that were our dear parents contemporary... yes they took drugs, yes they shag everywhere. But do not ommit something important, 70's peoples also know what is Comedy, maybe better than some of you guys. You should listen more carefully to what ZARDOZ says as introduction, and you will see that he speak the thruth.
sloasucan@yahoo.com
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2000, 12:02:30 AM »

The first time we saw it, we were confused, amused and somewhat titillated.  The second time we saw the film, last night, we became instant worshippers of Zardoz ourselves.  All those who criticize Zardoz are destined to be punished by a red-leather clad, hot-pant wearing, pistol touting apathetic chickshot-putting Sean!  And remember:
THE GUN IS GOOD
THE PENIS IS EVIL!
BarkingSpider
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Had seen this a few times back in the seventies.  Yes, the belief suspension was difficult to maintain, but the topics were far ahead of their time (genetic engineering, technology used as a form of repression, life extension, etc).  Dated? Yes, but that's not a problem with me (hey, I like Soylent Green).

I am curious, though, to see what the future was like after the invasion and how the society changed.  The one good thing about them is they didn't live an unsustainable lifestyle.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2000, 04:28:49 PM »

I saw this one Space Bar (a show on the Space channel host by 3 guys) and after veiwing one of them says "I'm not stupid.  I'm a smart guy. Reasonably smart.  BUT WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN THE LAST 80 MINUTES OF THIS FILM!  After the pointless Wizard of Oz reference it became indecipherable"!  Sounds about right.
Sammy Day
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hi, it's me again!

Now I have seen it... and I got to admit, all you people who said that this film is 100 per cent crap - you were right!!! I couldn't watch it without surfing to other channels for time to time, it was too painfull. I mean, WHAT THE HELL WAS CONNERY THINKING?!? Was he at that time of his life using drugs and he won't even remember doing that movie or what...? Jeesus. I'm afraid that now I won't be able to watch my old Bond-films without laughing my ass off. Oh, Sean, Sean... why?
Harve
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember seeing this film forever ago. a few times in fact. so much I disremember about it cuz I was young and I Know I was stoned, cuz I was All the time back then. But i remember I loved it. I remember thinking it was profound. And I big time remember how kewl it was that the main chick (meg?) was awful flat-chested (as I was, and still am). That was so kewl to me, cuz movie stars and anybody kewl always hadda have huge boobs, which of course makes flat girls feel like crap. So this woman was not only a 'movie star', but her character was like, totally sexy, And was the 'Queen' of everybody! so anyways, reading all the stuff here, I wana go out and get the video. better yet, the DVD so i can hear the commentary!
Keydo
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Breasts!

Who would thought they could shoot so many breasts shots in the 70s!

I kept watching and waiting for something to turn this movie around. In the end, all I could do was laugh at the Eternal's advance technology derived from the 70s.

I did not realize the superior genetic structure looked a lot like an oblivious swimming jelly fish.

Glad to see mud-wretling is alive and well in the future.

For all their technology, they had no clue how a flaccid penis turned into an erect penis?!?

However, the one thing I did take away from this movie is that if you're ever with an unresponsive woman

SHOT-PUT HER ASS!  (Go Zed! Go!)

Partyman
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2000, 04:09:37 AM »

I watched ZARDOZ with 2 friends of mine. After watching this movie for over 50 minutes, I asked my friend Patrick: "Pat, what the hell is this movie about?" and he thought for a minute and then asked his friend Fulco: "Fulco, do you have any idea what this movie is about?" And Fulco said; "Let's watch the video-box and see if there is an explaination on the back. And so we read it, and we still didn't have a clue what is was all about. So we entitled this movie: The most vague movie of all time. And still I want to buy it, because the movie sucks so bad, I just gotta have it. I love to torture myself. :)
Crow
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2000, 02:35:01 PM »

I saw it once on cable, entirely by accident. It is the Picasso of sci-fi. Twisted, incomprehensible, yet strangely intriguing. It made my neural receptors bleed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Zardoz « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.