Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:01:51 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes  (Read 102223 times)
Luke Bannon
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

As a huge fan of b-movies, I adore this film. Yes, not all the efforts at humour work and some bits are just stupid, but generally this film cracks me up. True, more tomato carnage could have been used, but genereally a good film. I'd also recommend return, it's way funnier and a lot of fun. Haven't seen strike back or eat france yet though.
OJoe
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie at a 9th grade party and laughed my ass off so much that the girl's mother thought I was stoned. Excellent movie. I think I'll but it to see how truly bad it is now some 17 years later.
Jesse
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Is this based on a true story? I believe that it is possible for tomatoes to attack and kill. Living in a primarally vegan community I understand their frustrations. However, my ex left me for a tomatoe, putting me at emnity with them. My doctor thinks we're Schitso.
Kalena
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I loved this movie!!!  It had terrible effects and bad acting but it knew it and that just made it even better.  I think it was a film that is so bad it's actually great and I recommended it to all of my friends.  A brilliant way to spend an hour and a half.

The part with the earmuffs made me laugh out loud due to a conversation I had with my dad the night before and the song "Puberty Love" was stuck in my head for the rest of the day!  Excellent!!!
Killer Tomato
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

As a confessed killer tomato, I for one wonder why this movie didn't make the Academy Awards? This to us, is the Citizen Kane of all killer vegetable movies. I recommend another classic which was Attack of the Chainsaw Carrot, which was aptly done by a fellow garden veggie friend of mine. TOMATOES UNITE!!!!!! Any human that doesn't enjoy this film should be exterminated RRrrrrrrrrrarrrgghh!!! Oh and kiddies remember to eat your vegetables before they eat YOU!!!!
Cookies
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You know some of the movies that are so bad that it's actualy funny.Well this was so bad that i couldnt stand it.How stupid can people get in 70.This is even worse than the crawling eye
Cookies
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You know some of the movies that are so bad that it's actualy funny.Well this was so bad that i couldnt stand it.How stupid can people get in 70.This is even worse than the crawling eye
Stgr
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2005, 01:21:17 AM »

Holy s**t.
Mick
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A few facts about this movie: It was written, produced, and starred in, by Steve Peace. It was done as a collage video project at San Diego State Collage. If the name of "Steve (Stephen) Peace" looks familliar to people in California, it is now Senator Steve Peace (D) - Finance Director - a leader in the de-regulation fiasco. Now you know why the State in so much trouble!
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My mom's drama professor directed this classic, a beatiful piece. Not much violence, a shame. Total shame.

Violence: *
Goofiness: *****
Monster: *****
Actors: *
Overall: ****
MeanDean
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is the ONLY interesting thing to ever have happened in San Diego! I lived there for the first twenty-one years of my life, and yeah... This was it. In fact, I saw it at the Clairmont Theater when it came out; imagine this turkey in Cinerama!

And a side note to recent arrivals to San Diego... If you're wondering where it was filmed, you'll have to trust me when I tell you "Mission Valley, right down by the Stadium." It's only within the last thirty years that Mission Valley became paved, side-to-side and end-to-end.
One little problem, though. Does the phrase "flood plain" mean anything to you? Think about that phrase, really grasp it, before locating a business or buying a condo in Mission Valley.
As a native son (now expatriated) of San Diego, I wish the tomatoes had won...
jmsynth
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Anyone who doesn't get that this is a comedy is an idiot, or at least someone with little to no sense of irony. A classic example of imagination over budget. Please no high-budget remakes! Mind you, the higher budgeted sequal "Return" was much funnier.
ILovemovies
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2006, 06:31:01 PM »

Ok, I saw this movie once, thinking it would be decent horror, but found out that it was a comedy! It was supposed to be a comedy...right? It would be pathetic if it was supposed to be horror. I liked it though! =)
ILovemovies
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

By the way, did anyone else see the wheels on the bottom of the giant tomato that chased the lady with the shopping cart? If you didn't, look carefully.
JT
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Look, I understand a few years ago I made a bad judgement towards this classic. After having recently rented it again, I withdraw all my past statements and would like to say this movie has become a new fave. I still think the musical numbers weren't really necessary though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.