Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:40:39 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes  (Read 102220 times)
reiko kode
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've only just seen this movie after years of wondering, just how horrifying is this movie? Well, I've never liked tomatoes, and now I know why: they're homicidal maniacs!
Features probably one of the best theme songs ever, and I love the way the tomatoes "talk."
PS: The sequel, "Return of the Killer Tomatoes," with a pre-Oscar George Clooney, ain't a bad way to waste time, either.
jackarow
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 04:55:25 PM »

BWAAAHAAAAAAA!!!! I just shot milk outta my nose.Seriously one of the funniest movies ever made. Completely tongue in cheek throughout and prophetic as well - "those funny little black ships just kept sinking anyways" I could almost hear our current executive chief saying this. I happen to have been gifted with the special anniversary edition. IT ROCKS!!! now I can finally return the Beta tape that I borrowed back in the early 80's. I have tried yelling tomato in a crowded library, but somehow don't get quite the same response. Then again, I use pick up lines straight from As Cool as Ice and somehow am still single. 
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 12:43:56 AM »

Show this movie to some liberal vegetarians and scare the garden burgers out of them
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »

Just noticed this thread right after posting my "Killer Tomatoes" story in the thread "Why going to a b-movie is a bad choice for a date" (http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,121057.0.html)

Took my future wife to this movie on a date. She hated it. She married me anyway. Yes, she knew it was a comedy, in fact one of my all-time favorites (I still have a soft spot for it). She just didn't think it was very funny.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »

Sweet, you updated your Killer Tomatoes review.  I never saw the film, but I caught one of the episodes of the animated show once.  Man, that was bad tv show.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:59:42 PM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2008, 06:57:18 PM »

Sweet, you updated your Killer Tomatoes review.  I never saw the film, but I caught one of the episodes of the animated show once.  Man, that was bad tv show.

Woah, the animated series was awesome!  TeddyR

BigPaulieVirgo
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »

He warned me, warned me, WARNED ME! DON'T LISTEN TO PUBERTY LOVE, he said, FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY. DON'T LISTEN?

Wha'd I do? I LISTENED!!!!!

And here's how my soul thanked me--->  hot

Oh, Andrew, why--WHY didn't I listen!?!

But besides that, I've always wanted to see this movie and its sequel! I must now go and give tribute to the gods of Amazon and buy them, thus satisfying me B-movie craving...
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2009, 06:49:35 PM »

You just gotta love that theme song.
Kebab
New Visitor

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2013, 05:06:58 AM »

What's seriously awesome about the film is the message, hidden under the blanket of hilariously perverted humor born by a fevered mind, reflecting the instability of the modern society upon casual things turned into atrocities. Just remember Kinder Surprise!

Awhhh! That's rubbish! It's just funny movie with no message whatsoever. Or is it?  Wink
Torgo

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 04:45:23 PM »

I really hope that we get a blu-ray at some point of the original theatrical cut of this cheesball classic. Maybe Shout Factory could get their hands on it?

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Knightsaber1
New Visitor

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »

Quote from:  link=topic=111580.msg112630#msg112630 date=924828634
I also know about the guy who sung that song which put an end to the tomatoes.He is the drummer in Soundgarden,Matt Cameron.

That was probably one of the funniest things in the film. It was all so in sync with both bad Seventies fashion and music, and I think Ronny Desmond's "Puberty Love' was a takeoff on Donny Osmond's "Puppy Love". And well-deserved, too.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »

Who ever thought that giant tomatoes would start attacking people? I somehow made it through this one, but "Return of the Killer Tomatoes"... ugh....

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.