Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:56:37 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Prophecy « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Prophecy  (Read 72943 times)
Egor
« on: June 07, 2001, 09:13:35 PM »

Well...bite my head off everyone,but i thought it was a good horrormovie! I admit the acting was horrible,and the sleeping bag death was a little funny,but,just as the second reviewer said,this one gets you by surprise. The bear just pops out when your least expecting it! I bought it at a pawnshop for four bucks. Worth it to me.
monsterbrow@yahoo.com
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 1999, 06:22:59 AM »

Saw this movie a long time ago and I just about p**sed my pants when the kid was killed in the sleeping bag.  Truly one of the funniest death scenes in movie history.
turff@preferred.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 1999, 05:56:37 PM »

That movie scared me to death.  I thought the sleeping bag scene was scary AND a little funny.  I also have the book.  I think this is one of the great horror movies.  Think about it, every other movie I know of you can tell when the monster is coming this one gets you by surprise every time.  Best watched at night during a storm.
Travis Besst ( sboyd1@neo.rr.com)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 1999, 09:56:52 PM »

The one thing that sets this film apart is that it
was directed by former Wunderkind John
Frankenheimer and truth be told, some of thye
visuals are memorable. In particular the seen in
the tunnel with close-ups of sweaty, fear striken
faces ( an obvious hommage to the 'Dawn of Man'
sequence in Kubrick's '2001').
Obviously the film is crap though, but crap of a
more enjoyable kind than we see the
JHEPLER@AOl.COm
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 1999, 05:06:47 AM »

Believe it or not, this movie is often listed as rated PG.  At the local video store, that's what the box says.  I suppose they had it reclasyified(ugh, bad spelling).  Oh yeah, and this movie, while bad, is moderately entertaning.  It was really to bad that one indian guy got smacked upside the head and flew 50 feet.  He was the best character, what with the chainsaw scene and all the arrows he smacked into the bear.  Oh yeah, and why did they keep those cubs?
MessiahMan
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 07:16:35 PM »

Jesus...I choked over the sleeping bag scene it was so funny.  Kind of slow, but entertaining enough.  Was worth my rental.
Saxscribe@wwdb.org
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 1999, 06:54:05 PM »

This movie scared me so bad when I was a kid I was incapable of moving in my bed for hours!  Today I laugh my behind off at the rampant silliness.  My heart goes out to John Frankenheimer, the director.  He was so disappointed at this particular favor he was incapable of working for years!  Still this is one of my favorite bad movies.  In fact seeing this sight makes me want to watch it again!  Just one teeny-weeny complaint...the movie was shot in widescreen (2:35:1) when will Paramount get off of its buttocks and release a print of it letterboxed on DVD or video.  They have just done it to Friday the 13th Parts 1 and 2 so there is some hope.  Keep the faith folks and stay scared!
Chris
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2000, 02:53:00 PM »

This was the first horror movie I ever saw. I was 8 years old, and me and my cousin saw it at countryside mall in Clearwater, FL.  It really freaked me out.  I have never forgotten the bear cub in the river scene, or the sleeping bag scene.  And I could never forget that nipple scene...that was a big deal for an 8 year old.
John
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2000, 01:14:49 AM »

I did not see the movie when it came out in theaters although I remember being freaked out by the movie poster
picture when it was in the paper's show schedule. My parents
saw the movie telling me about it which sparked my interest
years later in renting it. I went camping in Montana/Colorado mountains after seeing this movie and it
did creep me out to think about the ugly creatures and what
if these bears could get that nasty looking. The sleeping
bag scene is one of the funniest horror movie death scenes.
Chris K.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2000, 03:16:45 PM »

Okay people the death scenes in PROPHECY are not funny! The death scenes in SCREAM or I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER were funny to a given extent. Of course, I remember seeing this scary as hell film on video when I was at the age of nine. And at that time, seeing a PG rated film with some gross violence was like a treasure to me. John Frankenheimer really did a good job creating some good scares in this film. And the mutated killer bear: truely terrifying. A horror/sci-fi classic. I still get the shivers when I watch this film.
Charles
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film was memorable, not only for the sleeping bag scene, but also for the fact that the doctor was the dad from the Brady Bunch, boy did he go on to better things (snicker). The film had its moments and fora horror film from the early Friday the 13th era, it wasn't bad. Kind of think of it as a more extreme version of the crying native american antipollution commercial.
Robbie
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie was totally awesome. I first saw it when I was about 12 years old and it scared the eliving dog**** out of me! I had many sleepless nights thinking about that mutated grizzly bear crashing through my wall at night and eating me. The sleeping bag scene made a big impression, I used to sleep like that when camping out growing up, but after that movie, no more! It is still one of my favorites, and I highly recommend a widescreen re-release, you would be suprised what a big hit it would be. I mean, what more could you ask for: Vast wilderness, a mutated bear, 4 wheeling(at night, with a spotlight), hot 70's chicks with big boobs, disco music, and wild suspense! Thanks John Frankenheimer for a real classic.  
Nathan
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2001, 07:45:16 PM »

Ah, such a wonderful film.  The creature effects were surprisingly good.  It does give you a good insight into the behavioral patterns of the rare Maine Grizzly.  They never go down to all fours, unlike other bears, they run on their hind legs EVERYWHERE!  The only objection I have is that they blow up a perfectly good FJ40.  What a crime.
Triana Michele
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie when I was ten.  It was the first horror movie I ever saw.  I had nightmares for years afterwards.  I was so tramatized by it that it took me a long time to get over those horrible looking mutant bears.  I am 33 years old now and just the thought of that movie makes me cringe.  However, they always show it around halloween every year, and of course I have to watch it.  It still creeps me out. I think that it is by far one of the most frightening movies ever made.  I remember a baby mutant bear sucking on Talia's nipple, trying to nurse and it bit her.  But I haven't seen that part in the current showing of the movie.  Was it deleted because it was so graphic or am I just imagining it????(My mom remembers it too.)  
Mokadi Jook
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey, for those who liked the "sleeping bag" scene in Propecy, did you ever see "Friday the 13th part 7, where good ole Jason drags the woman in the sleeping bag out of the tent and WHACKS it against the tree?! LOL Cool stuff bubbah!

BTW, I originally saw Prophecy on a network channel when I was 12, and they actually cut out the part where the kid flies through the air and the string supported sleeping bag bops into the boulder. So the scene I saw was just the kid screaming, the bear paw whistling through the air, a loud POWWW! sound, and the shot of the holofil wafting through the air. THAT scared the ca-ca-poo-poo out of me!!! I did not even see the cheezey-ness of the orignal scene until much later. Ya know, with a little judicious editing, this movie is pretty frightening... LOL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Prophecy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.