Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:22:43 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Gila Monster « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Giant Gila Monster  (Read 72428 times)
Jenn
« on: April 05, 1999, 10:38:28 PM »

I too saw this on MST3K...  even with the jokes, this movie was pretty bad... I'd hate to watch it without!
Georgiann
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is pretty bad, effects-wise and acting-wise.  And my idea of hell would be to be tied up and forced to listen to that incredibly smarmy song "Laugh Children Laugh" for all eternity.  
nole92@prodigy.net
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 1999, 09:13:50 PM »

I too saw this movie on MST3K, and I thought it was hilarious.  It was bad as only a 50's B horror movie can be.
kbegg@park-ridge.lib.il.us
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 1999, 10:37:12 AM »

One of the most heartrending images I've ever seen in a film is when the 'giant' gila monster (surely the cutest monster yet to appear on screen) has it's head shoved through a balsa wood 'wall' to simulate its attack on the Barn Blow-Out Rock 'n' Roll Revue.  It's almost impossible not to visulize the gila rangler grabbing the poor beastie by the torso and ramming it through the miniature set.  And yes, both the Mushroom Song and Laugh, Children, Laugh (I think those are two separate songs, aren't they?) are some of the best bad tunes since Arch Hall, Jr.'s work in Eeagh!
Carl
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 1999, 07:39:13 PM »

"Laugh Children Laugh" is the hit of the sock hop. Those poor kids. Those *poor* kids --
paul westbrook
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 1999, 10:34:06 AM »

I had seen this film at a late night matinee when I was about twelve. It did not scare me then, and it does not now. Whose idea was it to use an ordinary lizard in this movie anyway? The most nauseating part, is the idiot with the banjo. It made me root for the creature to just put him, and us out of our misery. Still, it is an okay movie to see when there is nothing else to look at.
JDD
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This is one of the Best of the worst movies ever made in the
50`s! I loved it as a kid, I bought two... one for my cousin so we could each have a copy to embarass our kids with. They think we`re bonkers, anyway.
Chris K.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2000, 07:41:06 AM »

Special effects are good, clear cinematography, nice acting, and atmosperic settings. THE GIANT GILA MONSTER is a good monster-on-the-loose film from good ole' 1959. Shot back-to-back with THE KILLER SHREWS, THE GIANT GILA MONSTER is better than THE KILLER SHREWS.
hank
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 12:27:42 PM »

Link Digger
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2000, 05:09:58 PM »

This is a true cult classic!  The scary music alone is a hoot.  Plug your ears with the ukelele (sp?) song though!  What a cute lizard!
Ron
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2000, 07:32:30 PM »

I have the GIANT GILA MONSTER on video tape and have watched it many times.   It is most entertaining and humerous.  Don Sullivan, who played Chance, had a much better role in THE MONSTER OF PIEDRAS BLANCAS.  
Joe
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2000, 08:30:55 PM »

I had to watch this movie for my college history class ... let me tell you this has to be the worst film showed to students EVER!  Whats with those songs?  Oh, and how cool was it to drink and drive in the 50's?  oh well ... I guess I could make up stuff for my paper about "what does this film tell us about the 50's?"
chadzilla
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This drive-in bottom feeder from the 50's is actually endearing in its own cheesy way.  The pace could be a bit quicker, but I still find it a pleasent Saturday afternoon time waster, which is where I saw it a lot as a kid.
Cham
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the worst movies of the 50s. Some fun scenes but not worth a second viewing. The lizard is obviously a regular-sized one made to look large with some "excellent" effects. I give it a 2/5
Matt
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this on the afternoon creature feature when I was about 9...I loved it then (except for that "Laugh" song...ugggggh). Didn't catch the MST3K version.THey must have had real fun with it.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Gila Monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.