Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:33:13 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Story of Ricky « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Story of Ricky  (Read 60833 times)
at@iconz.co.nz
« on: February 26, 1999, 06:16:37 PM »

Watching a 4th generation dupe of this flick is for the birds... I screened it in glorious 35mm with english subtitles on a HUGE screen 3 yrs ago...

too bad you live in the US... New Zealand is where this s**t plays on celluloid for rabid fans..

at
CIGARRAN@santandersupernet.com
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 1999, 04:14:01 AM »

This is the freakest movie in the world also the most gore. DIRECTOR AND WRITTER-Simon Nam. RICKY-Fan Siu Wong . Itīs also take from a manga.......
haknort@webtv.net
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 1999, 12:48:49 AM »

I bought this movie a few years back on the tai seng label... all Manderin, no subs.  Strangely, it did't detract too much.
But gorehounds rejoice!  A dubbed version is being released this summer!  Check out Amazon.com for details.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 1999, 07:38:21 AM »

Next to "Dead Alive" this is surly one of the goriest movies I have ever seen.Entertaining, but very dumb.
IvanAwesom@aol.com
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 1999, 11:55:47 PM »

This film is the best I've seen this year (1999).  It really puts to shame that American Fist of the North Star movie with Sean Penn's fat brother.  AMAZON.COM should have this film on VHS already, so go to them if you don't live in the US.
theobtuse_christ@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 1999, 03:56:09 AM »

I have had this movie for over two months,and I watch it once every week. I never get tired of it. Oh would I kill if I could find a wav of "We're gonna get you for killing Freddyyyyy! Yaaaaah!". I would be complete. The English dubbed version is a treat because half of the voice talents in this movie sound so ridiculous it's laughable. But seriously,a glass eye is no place to put your mints.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 1999, 04:25:50 AM »

After watching this movie...I had a life changing result..I became a hero to many felons in the prisons...and released them all..just like our crooked judicial system..
bbennett@cadvision.com
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 1999, 12:44:34 AM »

I watched this movie and watch out.. There's a version of it out there that is heavily censored. The packaging was in Chinese but everything was subtitled. (Not dubbed over) As soon as you began to have gore, the damn censors cut it out.. Ruined most of the movie for me. Although, the fight scenes in this movie were classic. :)
Audiolizard
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 1999, 11:23:55 PM »

The only movie worse than Meet The Feebles.
mefathiel@excite.com
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 1999, 09:53:02 PM »

The Greatest movie of all time!
If you like Bad movies...
If you like violent kung-fu...
If you like gore...
If you like people getting smacked about the head with a monkey-wrench...
Then this, my friend, is the movie for you.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2000, 10:27:45 AM »

Talk about a movie gaining a lot of attention. It was on this site, where I first heard about this film. Anybody who wants to obtain this movie, should check the video store in their area[ Try Jumbo Video) If not then try a movie store to see if they have it. Thanks moviephiles. Write to me at paulwestbrook998@hotmail.com with movie questions, or maybe to chat about movies. Hope to hear from you soon.
Dickie Vicious
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2000, 05:52:43 PM »

YEAH!
I took the advice that I read on another site where some guy said he found Ricky at Suncoast in the martial arts section. I went there and sure enough, there it was! UNCUT and UNCENSORED! This is the goriest movie that I have ever seen! And it is hilarious! The prison warden stores breathmints in his FAKE EYE! If there is a Suncoast near you, look for it there! And if they don't have it, keep fighting the good fight until you get it!
Deis Knutts
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2000, 12:32:40 AM »

The first time i watched this movie was with my college suitemates while we were eating pizza...the food couldnt have gone down smoother and my appitite to watch this movie again and again got stronger.  Ricky Ho is amazing...A damn one man army who dont take s**t from nobody...(am i the only one that liked the the warden's son?? i thought that little fat clumsy bastard was hilarious) The only part of the movie i didnt like was when ricki had a flashback of himself and his girlfriend flying a kite instead of having a flashback of him f**kin the life outta her.
John Doe
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2000, 04:56:54 PM »

Thank you for opening up my eyes to the story of ricky.  Thanks to you I bought the movie from you webpage.  I have now got the movie of the century in my possesion.  I loved every minute of it, (especially rickies girl friend who jumped of the building for no real reason.)  
miranda
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2000, 02:16:22 AM »

I first saw this film on the big screen at the Incredibly Strange Film Fest in Wellington (NZ)!! Words cannot express what an experience this film is. From the initial wood-embedded-in-face-unexpectedly scene, we knew that this was something special... once it had finished, the entire audience gave it a standing ovation, stamped their feet and howled for more!! And the magical flute-leaf playing, heh. God I love this film.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Story of Ricky « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is Đ 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.