Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:54:59 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fortress « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fortress  (Read 27419 times)
Neville
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Good review, and the movie is a must see for B-Movie lovers. However, I would have really apreciated a "Fortress II" review instead, for the only reason it is ten times lamer. Want evidence? It is easier to escape from an orbital prison than from a earth based one. And there's also Christopher Lambert flying through space without a spacesuit! I really wonder if the man even bothers to read the scripts he receives...
realsmart
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Really funny review, and much needed laught, i did like Forteress and i got to see it uncut last week on showcase action.

Now next time i get to see it i will make sure to pay more attention to the details, i will have to print out this review, you guys kill me when you write Random act of violence against ... now this is funny.
Goreomedy
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Sorry, I can't agree with the others that this is a good review.

What I don't understand, is why you are so overly critical of the logic within a budget sci-fi film.  The points you shared as "unconvincing" are all grounded in the reality of the film's world.  Everything was set-up.  Perhaps you just didn't pay close enough attention?

I felt you were straining to have funny things to quip about.  But instead of laughing, I just want to sit you down and slap you until you loosen up.  We enjoy films for their ham and cheese.  I felt you were faulting this one for giving us what schlock film fans hunger for.

Fortress is a gem in a coal mine of bad movies.  It might not deserve a better score, that point is arguable, but it sure as hell deserves a better reviewer.
Prisoner 19302
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

fortress wasn't pretty bad compare it the rest of the dog droppings of sci fi. Though it was rather dumb. first time made me sick. second time understood it. third time i laugh how oz would be in the future. also i learned that computers
have strong hates against crime and that taking a truck with a computer is a big no!
later
rupert dong
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2002, 12:03:23 PM »

I saw this movie on a bus in Mexico travelling between Veracruz and Mexico City.  I think all the Mexicans on the bus were put off by it, but I found it strangely absorbing.  Plus my girlfriend thought that Christopher Lambert was the same guy who played the bad professor in Good Will Hunting.  Good times.
John
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

So in a bid to stop the flow of "illegal immigrants" they're putting Fortress on buses in Mexico?
octo
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

yah the review wasn't exactly funny... thats becoz the film wasn't as bad as the reviewer percieved it to be.
This is by far not the worse chris lambert film... take a look at highlander2.
At least there's a storyline in this one. Yes it has cheesy bits but not stilton cheese. I quite enjoyed it, i mean if a film was that bad i would've turned to another channel BUT i felt like i had to watch it to the end.
So at the end of the day this film is worth watching, I never watched fortressII coz the sequel of a cheesy film is bound to be even more cheesier (in most cases)
Adam
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have to disagree with Neville's comments that Fortress 2 is ten times lamer than it's predecessor. The true figure is on the order of 50-100 times.

Anyway, this actually is a pretty entertaining film. I think the reviewer should have mentioned the faint homoerotic angle, and the sound clip archive just isn't complete without Zed (The prison's mega-advanced all-seeing intelligent computer) saying "Your babies are property of the MenTel Corporation. Crime does not pay."

Oh, and don't forget the hokey ending. Said ending was cut from some versions of the movie (wonder why?), but basically, Brennick, his wife and Gomez make off with one of those cool MenTel trucks and end up in some shack where she starts going into labour. Brennick and Gomez go out for supplies (blankets and hot water, I guess) and suddenly the truck comes to life all on it's own (the Fortress' computer have suddenly decided to remtely take control of it) pancakes Gomez and crashes into the shack blowing it up in front on the distraught Brennick.

Of course he trudges back to the flaming ruin to see how many pieces his wife and unborn child are now in, but what to you know, there she is, sitting against a smoking rear wheel assembly, clutching a suspiciously clean, blanketed baby, beaming down on it in a very nonplussed maternal fashion. Right.

Anyway, go rent it, but stay away from the sequel.
cafe creme
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 06:22:59 PM »

Christophe Lambert...pure inspiration...The non interesting b movie incarnated...have you seen beowolf?
Danny
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Fortress is a really good movie. The acting was good, the movies graphic wasn't made by computers, the prison's laser cannons, Zed-10 cammeras, prison cells guarded by lasers, and so on, everything of that looked so real. Some people say that the mind wiped prisoners construct the 5 new levels of the prison. I mean have you seen that moment when the guy came to D-DAY to serve water, the guy was like druged mental hospital inmate or something. Also people say why only one child is aloud? That is because in the year 2017 America is going to be facing a super over popullation crisis!! Any way if you pay a really close attention to this movie, you will get it, and love it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fortress « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.