Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:16:01 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Six-String Samurai « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Six-String Samurai  (Read 81224 times)
The Mad Josher
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

OK, how many times does Buddy come back from the dead? HOW MANY TIMES? <Snicker> OK, the movie is the logical extention of the theme: "What would happen if kids today were to grow up and rule the world?" I don't know if this would actually happen, but from what I've seen of the teens, it's not far off.  Weird with a capital WE, but fun, nonetheless. Now, what SHOULD happen if you defeat Death? Noone dies, right? So Buddy's alive, just running around naked after making The Boy think he left this world a la Obi-Wan Kenobi. Shebam. Lost Vegas has a new King.
Murilo
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The best film i've seen (hum... lord of the rings...)
The martial arts are some of the best of the movies, not that ridiculous crappy pretending of matrix.
The first "hero" tha that is really badass, with no "female" sides...
Zombie Woof
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the coolest movie since Repo Man back in the 80's. I stumbled on to it last night on Showtime and purchased the DVD this afternoon.

If you like Martial Arts/Road Warrior/Highlander meets rock-n-roll type motion pictures, this is the movie for you. The soundtrack is perfect and the movie does not have a dull moment! Six String is the best surprise of a movie since I stumbled on to Drop Dead Gorgeous

**** out of **** stars!
keiper
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I loved this film from the first moment that I saw it...I also loved the hidden metaphor for the history of rock and roll. Watch the movie again and see if you can pick out the different phases of rock and roll. Hint...the spacemen are references to David Bowie...the four horsemen of the Apocalypse? Just as easy.

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2002, 04:56:22 PM »

The plural of Elvis is Los Vises
Tarion
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I absolutely loved the movie.  Even though some of the camera effects and script was a bit hokey it's still great.

I tried to get my friends to watch it...but as Wont points out...they apperantly don't have any souls.
Karl
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The band is the "Red Elvises".  They are the "Pin Pals", because they bowl.  It's spelt "homie".  Anyways, this movie was one of the best movies I've ever seen, "B" movie or big name.  The cinematography is really really really great.  This movie has won several awards too.  The fights, the lines, that annoying kid, this movie is awesome.  And they wear nice shoes, too.
MessiahMan
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man, this movie is magnificent!  Marvellous artsy directoin (without being a truly artsy film...yay!) SUPERB soundtrack that gets your toe tappin, and rounds out the slow parts in the movie (and often times the reason the flick goes into my dvd player!  Can't get enough!)  Although what in teh heck is up with the windmill people's deity?  Strange s**t!  Anyway, it definitely earned it's four slime rating!
MessiahMan
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One interesting thing I noticed while rewatching this film today..."the kid"'s name id David.  In the very beginning, the mother is screaming it before she gets the arrow to the back.  If you have the DVD, turn on the subtitles.
One Who Knows
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have it on authority that The Kid is never named in the film.  Contrary to the poster who said his name is David, that notion is based on an error that the subtitle people made.  Having no script to work from, they made a lot of guesses and got quite a bit wrong.  The mother is shouting "Baby", not "David".  For a complete list of Six-String Samurai subtitle errors, see http://members.aol.com/delmarch/s3titles.html
Wont
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Do you NEED to have realistic blood and guts? does everything have to be seemlessly CGE'ed? If the answer is yes then dont watch Six-String Samurai. It's just the right amount of nonsense to make me love it, The scenes come together like a great comic book where you havent read all the sequels.  Its filled with amusing remnants of useless Americana. Beautiful scenes, great soundtrack, this is NOT your typical straight forward disney or hollywood tale, and thats why I continue to make my friends watch the DVD.

If you dont like this movie, you have no soul. :)
Kit
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2003, 04:46:10 AM »

When this opened in Austin the local independant paper went nuts fawning all over itself over how great this clever piece of cinema was. I dutifully visited the local arthouse and payed my money to see this. What a rip off. I would have been happier seeing 2 hours of concert footage from the Red Elvises, then this hackneyed and self-important junk. It is nice to see it given the B-movie treatment it deserves, but I think you were too kind to it.
Wolfgangerl
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

While it's not the best movie I've ever seen (it's not even the best campy or weird movie I've ever seen) it is very good and very clever. Wit and writing in general are the most important thing that goes into a movie, and this film has wit for sure. See it if it's your thing, if you know you won't enjoy it then just don't see it.

To sum up, SSS is like Monty Python, you either get it and love it or don't get it.
John
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I can't believe you gave this turd four slimes... it doesn't even deserve a skull (that bad it is) I mean, I like bad movies and all, but this one was definately not funny... at all.

Rasputin
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Six-String Samurai will at last get its due @ the 4th Annual Not Fade Away Buddy Holly Symposium in Lubbock,Texas over Labor Day Weekend when it looks to figure prominently in the Songwriters Panel on 9/4/04, (moderated by Terry Stewart, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame)where Zhenya Rock, former lead guitarist for the Red Elvises (and current ZEEROK frontman) will mention it in connection with the life of Buddy . .(Buddy Holly, that is, not Buddy Rock) . . and its subsequent cult following garnered over the years in the B-flick anals(sic)of Chop-Socky lore, and visceral post-apocolyptic sagas (What?? . .)Anyway, the cradle of Rock and Roll and its denizens will pass the ultimate judgement on this poor man's "Mad Max"and how their native son fairs in this thinly veiled reference to same. Hasta.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Six-String Samurai « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.