Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:57:14 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Leprechaun « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Leprechaun  (Read 84039 times)
mmonlux@nwrain.com
« on: March 15, 1999, 10:28:49 AM »

I kept thinking all the way through this movie that that only truly social redeeming value was that it provided a job for a dwarf who might have otherwise had to learn a living being hurled around in a bar in east Texas. No doubt it is his easily drawn on vengeful spite that brought such life to this character (enough so that the film industry felt the need for two sequels). A final note, Saturday Night Live dubed this the best movie of the year when it was first released. Of course that was a slow year for movies and this little jem was THE first movie released that year and thus was the only one to choose from at the time. While I had the remote handy on this one I didn't hit the fast forward button through those "tension building" scenes. Rather I found myself rewinding in spots just to make sure I was hearing what the little bastard had to saw.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 1999, 03:00:04 PM »

Some good leprechaun-eye view of Aniston's behind as the little green freak chases her up a hill during a scene late in the movie (What can I say, I only rented the movie because she was in it).

Worth a mention is the leprechaun's varied assortment of transportation methods - toy racecar speeding down the road, pogo stick (also used as murder weapon), a wheelchair careening down the hallways of O'Grady's nursing home, a skateboard, and some welded together contraption, with a pitchfork on the front, that he comes bursting out of the barn with <I>and actually knocks over a full size truck</I> by slamming into the passenger side. He could've been a fifth member of the A-team with that thing. . .

BLAZINSUN
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 1999, 09:21:03 AM »

Yeah I saw this film for tha first time I think around 1995/96(I was like 11-12 at tha time). I was up a friends house with some otha guys from my grade school and we ended up checked this film out from across tha street at a cheap video store that lets people rent demo tapes(That's gainst tha law:o).

And I came across this film.
We payed like 3 bucks to rent it, Took it home watched it on tha large 32 inch tv screen that was sitting down stairs. At this age I never knew what a b-movie was, I just consider them as: cheap films that didnt make it big time. After watching this film I was just looking around for some of tha cheapest films I could find. Thanks to this film I'm now a b-movie fan.

This film is one of my favorite b-movies of all time, After watching tha first film I was hooked on tha little green bast**d, and have now I have watched tha 2nd, 3rd and 4orth parts. I'm hoping to see anotha in tha future some time. Tha forth film was great too(Tha outer space one)!

"Me want me pot of gold u little bast**ds"
I hope every one will watch all 4 parts!! There
GGGGGRRREATTT (Tony Tiger).

I might just walk over to town right now and check out some more movies if I can find some cream.:o)
kingagony@webtv.ney
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 1999, 03:03:36 AM »

damn! I can't believe so many people hate this movie. I went and sawit in the movie theater when I was like 10 or somethin and I loved it. I agree that the sequels were crap, but this was a good horror flick that shouldn't be dissed just because it aint full of drunk teens who are killed while having sex, although I wouldnt have minded some. Warwick Davis is a God!
SaMhAin
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 1999, 09:37:11 AM »

This movie would probably have worked better as a 3-minute sketch on some comedy show,because that's about as long as it takes for the gimmick of 'Leprechaun" to wear paper thin. It's watchable,as long as you view it in about 2 year intervals. I own it on video and haven't seen it since 1997 and am still not quite ready to sit through it again.
paul westbrook
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 1999, 12:00:52 PM »

This little known gem has become quite a favourite  at my house. Warwick Davis is a riot as the little guy with attitude. I cannot believe Jennifer Anniston was in this movie. To rate this film, in the proper perspective, I have to rate it  three stars[clovers].
murdercycle@hotmail.com
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 1999, 02:57:30 AM »

I watched Leprechaun this past August, and to my complete supprise it REALLY sucked ass. It wasn't bad in the "haha funny way" but in the "Death s**t" sort of way. It just sat there it didn't really do anything and... well it pretty much sucked goat dong. At least part 2 was a somewhat more hounerous with the "Leprecar" and all that. And 4 was an absoulte f**king riot! But man, well I guess this is what you get for going back to your roots. Maybe 3 will be better...
docrog@sprynet.com
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 1999, 02:13:47 PM »

Awful.  One of the worst horror films ever.  Note that this film does not qualify as a camp classic because it is NOT funny.  This is one that might have been funny in the context of MST3K, but camp classics need to work on their own.  On its own, Leprechaun is merely irritating and a time waster.
john
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The Leprechan is a B movie classic! How classic is is when he opens the cabinet and sees Lucky Charms!You guys have to see the last Leprechan. It's called Leprechan in the Hood it has Ice T
Brandon Lee
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Not bad, the only reason i got this movie is well, cause Jennifer aniston is in it. She is fine as hell, Robert gorman,(the little kid if you didn't know) is quite amuzing when he is f**king with ozzie and smacking him around.(Didn't say it was right, just funny). I'd give it a three out of five, just cause I like watching Jen saying "That's no f**kin bear" with the shotgun in her hand. And when the Leprechaun licks her leg Very nice!
Paul H.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2000, 10:28:03 AM »

There seems to be two types of opinions.

1) leprechaun was pretty good and leprechan 4 sucks.

2) Leprcchaun sucks bad and leprechan 4 kicks ass.

Well I'm firmly a type two.  Leprechaun was boring stupid and juvenile.  (most of the people who like it saw it when they were young so this makes sence.)  The movie has promise but fails at every thing.  Lep. 4. is truely low grade crap but at least it has some purity to it and isn't borinig.
Robby
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2000, 09:33:44 PM »

Leprechaun is one of the most silliest and scariest films I've seen in a while. They just don't make movies like this anymore. I would recomend this campy classic to anyone who enjoys scary yet funny laughs. BUY IT NOW!!!!
Thundercracker
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2000, 11:06:14 AM »

This kind of idiot likes these films.  Especially the first one.  They got progressively worse, but they're all still fun to watch.  An interesting little bit of trivia, Warwick Davis also played an Ewok in Return of the Jedi.
Chris K.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2000, 07:43:41 AM »

Horrible is a great way to describe LEPRECHAUN. Bad acting and crappy humor is everywhere in this bad flick. Avoid this film at all costs and it will dive down into obscurity forever.
STPezatcha
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2000, 06:15:53 PM »

I saw this movie 5 years ago...and I regret seeing it.  I also rented Leprachaun 5....its extremely horrid compared to this movie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Leprechaun « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.