Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:10:54 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Zombies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Night of the Zombies  (Read 82854 times)
Me love Gore
« on: May 27, 2002, 03:05:31 PM »

This movie is not that bad really I think the review you gave it was harsh you have to enjoy Italian zombie films to like this I HATED DEAD ALIVE!!! so I disagree with the rating you gave it dead alive tries to be funny but fails and is optically too stupid I HATE New Zealand flicks anyways Night of the Zombies is a good flick and not as bad as people say it is.Oh before I go GET THE DVD VERSION AVOID THE s**tTY VIDEO RELEASES!!!
apostic@home.com
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 1999, 11:03:40 PM »

Agreed.  This movie sucks marrow and doesn't even have the decency to swallow.  Thanx for the reminder.  I've been lurking your site for a while, but your commentary was enough to make me speak up.

I first saw this... uh... thing during the continuing video explosion in the mid/late eighties.  Amazing.  If someone were to ask me, "What's a bad movie?" I'd show'em this one, 'cause it's technically bad, morally bad, and entertainment bad (as opposed to "entertainingly bad").  Even the white-capped topless jogging didn't make up for it.

Until you ran the review, I could not remember its name.  Funny how the mind will repress the details of some memories to protect the sanity.  Now I know.  My past pain has a name.

Of course, I've been swimming in a lot more cinematic cesspools than I used to (including your fine site -- keep up the awesome work), so I don't know if I would be affected by this Ed Wood wannabe in quite the same way.  It's difficult to use the director's name (Bruno Mattei or whatever alias he is working under this week) and the word "quality" in the same sentence, but let's get honest -- this much badness has got to be the work of more than one man.

Finally, I appreciated your revenge comment.  Tell you what: If you should happen to find out what kind of cars the responsible parties drive, let me know.

regards,

Apostic
whamontree@hotmail.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 1999, 02:58:44 PM »

I did not, repeat, did not need to see stock footage of a woman eating maggots out of a rotting head!
E3916@aol.com (Ed)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 1999, 08:24:32 PM »

I strongly disagree with your negative opinion of the movie.  I first saw NOTZ when I was in the 7th grade.  Those who cannot take the heat (gore) should get out of the kitchen (theater).  Yes, the movie was very bloody, had some obvious bloopers and was poorly dubbed, but the story was excellent.  Not once during the film did I want it to hurry up and be over.  Instead, I was silently cheering the interpol group on and was seriosly hoping they would win the day somehow.  In the end my only disappointment was that all the good guys died.  
BLum BLum
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 1999, 01:55:18 PM »

I didn't know Night Of The Zombies was the name of this til you mentioned that part about the chick running around naked,but now it has a name.I'll be sure to look for it now so I can burn every copy in existence
Dick Elohssa
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 1999, 12:12:32 AM »

This is the best zombie movie ever made! It dose'nt have bad acting and cheap special effects like stupid movies like Dawn Of The Dead! THIS IS A CLASSIC,A MUST SEE! GO RENT NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES NOW!
IvanAwesom@aol.com
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 1999, 11:39:06 PM »

This movie is really bad.  It's a ripoff of Dawn of the Dead and some of Goblin's music.  Your review made me realize how cheap the makers of this film were.  I STILL LIKED IT, THOUGH
The Vomitstomper
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 1999, 03:18:11 AM »

As far as i know this movie is the responsibility of Joel Reed (BLOODSUCKING FREAKS), which really explains heaps about it. It's great, especially for torturing your friends (why else would you rent out many of these bad movies?)
E1V15X78@aol.com
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 1999, 04:17:24 PM »

Actually...
Night Of The Zombies (or as it is more commonly monikered "ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH") is one of the finest in the glut of post Dawn Of The Dead Italian copies/unofficial 'sequels' to Romeros masterwork.  
Not only does the film have a suitably bizarre storyline (dig the scene where one of the army guys - for no reason - suddenly decides to play dress up in a pair of silk panties and a skirt right before getting torn apart by the living dead...), but the soundtrack features actual outtakes from Goblins Dawn Of The Dead sessions!  Now thats dedication to your art!
This film is EXTREMELY gory in its uncut form (the Japanese print entitled, again, Zombie Creeping Flesh runs a full 15 minuites longer than any US print, and featues exploding heads, eyeballs torn out of their sockets, throats bitten out, etc etc.)  Also, there is something really f**king CREEPY about this movie.  Maybe it is the surrealistic script which throws the viewer off every ten minuites, or the ending which is truly a low budget version of the apocalypse...  This runs rings around Zombie/Zombi 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters (call it what you will), Lucio Fulci's much lauded sequel to Dawn which started off the whole craze...  Ignore the negative review!  ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH ROCKS!
jmc
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is like cinematic junk food.  I know it's bad for me, but I watch it anyway.  I've seen NOTZ about four times through the years--I usually watch it every four or five years when I forget how bad a movie can be.  And now I own the DVD, which is actually one of the better horror DVDs I've seen recently, maybe because the people who put it together make it clear that they don't think this is a good movie.  I have a fondness for NOTZ I can't explain--maybe it's the way the idiots continue to take body shots at the zombies even after being told to aim for the head, or the way some of the scientists wear protective masks, but no gloves of any kind, or maybe it's the stock footage that takes up about half the film's 100-minute [!] running time.  

I like NOTZ better than Dead Alive, which I hated [it was more like a Monty Python sketch than a real horror movie.]  
I think the attempts at social commentary in NOTZ were probably no worse than George Romero's fumbling attempts in DAWN.  The plot is probably not any worse than some of Fulci's stuff.  And CITY OF THE WALKING DEAD isn't a decent zombie movie, they use guns and knives!  Don't cry, NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES!  There's at least one person out here who loves you just the way you are!

But I'm still chortling over the Bruno Mattei interview on the DVD where he says that the stock footage "worked great."  
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 1999, 11:54:55 AM »

Seen one zombie flick, then you have seen them all. How many more living dead type films can Hollywood make? The makeup used in this film was effective enough. Of course, the plot is very thin, but what do you expect from these type of movies? For other zombie thrills, see Oasis of the Zombies, Zombie Lake, White Zombie. Heck, even see King of the Zombies. How about Revenge of the Welfare Zombies, a rare gem made in Brantford, Ontario. Where the people are more frightening than any zombie film preceeding it.
AaronZombie@AOL.COM
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2000, 10:18:08 AM »

NOTZ is one of the better italian zombie/gore flicks of the 80's.The dubbing is bad I agree,but the effects and story are pretty cool...and definately better than Dawn of the Dead.Don't get me wrong, I liked "Dawn",but it wasn't what I was expecting.Good story,and effects,***out of *****.
Forrest
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2000, 08:59:42 PM »

I was thrown off at first, between the obvious "Italian-ness" of the flick and the ripped Dawn of the Dead music, I thought "This can't be half bad." Oh man, I want two hours of my life back. When they got to the powerplant and became soilent green I was cheering.
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2000, 09:44:32 PM »

Disco music uhhh what... thats Goblin (did the soundtracks for the most of Dario Argento's movies etc). "Night of the zombies" has some of the same exact songs that were played in "Dawn of the Dead." originally titled "Hell of the Living Dead" its not really that bad there are tons of worse zombie flicks then this by far. You really have to like zombie flims to enjoy this movie. I woud give it 6 out of 10 stars.
Thundercracker
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2000, 09:03:25 AM »

The Goblins have done a lot of crappy Italian flick music.  They also did the soundtrack for the non-Zombie pile of crap called Buried Alive.  Unless you REALLY love Italian cinema, run away from that movie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Zombies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.