Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:58:09 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Watchers « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Watchers  (Read 53446 times)
Whamontree@hotmail.com
« on: March 30, 1999, 10:00:20 AM »

I remember seeing a big poster of the box art to this movie stuck to a wall in a dimly lit video store my parents used to frequent when I was about ten.  The silhouette of the OXCOM reaching out to the viewer scared me to death.  I just knew that if I went to the more dimly lit sections of the store, it would get me.  About ten years later, I finally rented Watchers.  And I laughed my head off!  To think I was scared of it for all those years.  Man, I was a jumpy kid.
Blazinsun
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 1999, 05:48:41 PM »

Yeah I saw this film on usa or sci-fi. It was around I think 5-6 months back. I kinda like this myself! That i've seen to many films that look like it was evolving around tha same type of plot and had tha same monster look a like.
If I was grading this I say I would give this 6/10

Thats all... I have to go watch the 'Thing (from another world)'.
Peace, Blazin
Jenn
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 1999, 11:11:21 PM »

I've read the book...  I never even knew there was a movie.  Your review doesn't sound too much like what happened in the book, except the OXCOM trying to kill the retriever, and kills a lot of people.  Wasn't the OXCOM supposed to be a dog as well, not a monkey??
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 1999, 05:01:03 AM »

this movies is not looking good
STPezatcha
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 1999, 02:58:09 AM »

After reading the book, and watching the movie..I can just say that I have a sudden urge to stick a spoon deep into my brain and just suffer......but it was great to make fun of...
PS LALA isn't the dog
AADCT7@yahoo.com
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 1999, 02:49:29 PM »

This was low
ebolamonk@yahoo.com
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2000, 10:54:55 AM »

Okay, as a fan of cheesy monster flicks, especially those made by Roger Corman, I love Watchers.  The second and third ones are also great movies.  The fourth one blow ass, though.  The Outsider (that's what the monster's called, by the way.  I know the technical term is OXCOM, but every one in the movie and the books, even the lab guys, refer to it as the Outsider) is cool, but the actual movie built around it is awful.  But for anyone who loves a good low-budget monster flick, check out Watchers 1-3.  All excellent films.  And did anyone notice that the creature from The Terror Within (another mid-eighties Corman flick) looks just like the Outsider with no fur?
Richard Pulfer
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2000, 12:09:59 AM »

This is actually very good . . . as a book by Dean Koontz that is. The book had the dog, his master, a disturbed man and an neorotic woman facing of against a killer(not an orange monster) and G-men. And there were no kids involved.
dennis
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2000, 09:25:29 PM »

I have seen numerous movies that  have taken a Koontz novel, and this one was one of my favorites, and turn it in to total s**t...I have never seen a movie more removed from the spirit of a book than this one, but then of course there is that other koontz novel they butchered with jeff goldbaum and alicia silverstone, enough said
Wade Greyfox
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I went to college with Dean and co-edited the literary magazine--I was poetry editor, he was short story editor.  Some of us thought he was kind of an a***ole, since he never wanted to party, smoke dope or go on roadtrips--all he wanted to do was write.  Now he's in California and worth a gazillion buckx--I'm in Alaska and went bankrupt a year or so ago, supporting my family by selling knives, jewelry and stuff out of the back of my 1984 Eagle.  Go figure!
Georgiann
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I can't be objective about the movie, because they totally distorted one of my favorite books, Dean Koontz' "Watchers."  That had characters you actually cared about, a loveable, miraculous dog and a terrifying, and at the same time, pitiful monster, the Outsider.  Oh well...  
Nobody
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Movies made from books are never worth the time.

Koontz oughta sue these a***oles.
Roy Smith
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The book is a masterpiece with human characters that surpass anything Stephen King has ever managed.  The movie totally destroys the book.  The hero is now Corey Haim (doesn't look like a 30ish ex-special forces kinda' guy do he?), Nora is now his mom and not his girlfriend and her backstroy is ignored and she's generic as Hell, the investigator and the sherrif were very close friends in the book.  The changes are too many and the soul of the book is killed completely.  Forget legal action, Koontz should have the people responsible for this killed.  Image Stephen King's the Stand with an all midget cast and redone as a comedy to find something equally wrong.
Kaoslord
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2002, 03:03:51 PM »

Nora is his mom!  This confirms a long held belief of mine that based on a novel means the guy who wrote the screenplay read the book jacket and had a funny dream that night.
Ernst Bitterman
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'd like to apologize to the world at large for the sloppy way the government of Canada hands out Film Tax Credits (although, the good, pre-LA seasons of "The X-Files" was made up here too). It encouraged the making of a lot of crap movies from the late 70's to the early 90's, and we're all sorry.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Watchers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.