Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:11:34 AM
714322 Posts in 53093 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Toxic Avenger « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Toxic Avenger  (Read 56845 times)
Rev.Darkstar
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"What the hell happened to Julie?It makes no sense that her death happens off screen"

In the version they show on Bravo TV and on the unrated DVD it shows that Toxie never killed Julie, he only gave her a very bad haircut.
kurtman
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I actually heard about this movie from a friend and went on this website to see the review.  After that, I saw Toxic Avenger at that friends' house.  I have to say that that movie was the sicket thing ever.  Gory as hell.  The good thing, though, was that it was cheap and fun to watch (I'm into cheap movies for some reason).  The guys at Troma did a creatively good job at making this film a cult classic among the independent film gore lovers. The rating, however, is a little low; this movie should get 5 slimes for being an incredibly crappy-plotted movie.  
JT1BongWater182 (real screen name)
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I was about 6 when i first saw the cover for The Toxic Avenger (of course back then I was an idiot and I always judged a movie by its cover) THE COVER WAS AWSOME! A GROSS LOOKING GUY IN A DRESS! (my exact words to my dad) So I told him dad... movie... now. When I was in the car I was so excited. I screamed Toxic, Toxic, Toxic, Guy in a dress.
I got home and kicked my sister off the couch. I saw about till the part when the kids head got crushed and I closed my eyes. Then when he fell in waste I cried. Then the first death scene where he gouged the guys eyes out. I ran out the room screaming. (this little epic also happend when i first saw the remake of the blob)

When I was 13 I rented it again. I loved it. I loved the sex scenes, the violence, and the gore. I have also just ordered the tox box (yes i have seen all 3, plus i own part 4, thanks to my good ole friends at troma.com) The tox box includes part 1 2 and 3 plus the first (and I think the only) movie of the cartoon) Please Instant message me JT1BongWater182 and tell me where i can get the cartoon episodes online!
Mightydein
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yesterday was the first time i saw the toxic avenger and i thought it kinda of a stupid movie it did'nt show any violence but there some good Qualities to it.
   For exmaple some parts to were really funny.

Later i realized that I rented the Notoriously s**tty R-rated version by mistake.
Mark
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 03:46:21 PM »

I was a huge fan of Toxic Crusaders when it was on. I had all the toys, books and clothes of this series and several years later I found out that it was actually based on this movie called The Toxic Avenger. I bought the DVD on Saturday for £5 and is the U.K version different to the U.S version cos it didnt seem that violent. I dont remember that kids head gettin crushed, who by the way was played by the kid who played Jeremy in Superman IV: The Quest For Peace, and did anyone notice when Sarah told Toxie her dog was shot dead, you can see the dog breathing perfectly!? All in all though a fun film
zane
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2003, 01:11:27 AM »

Oh lordy it`s been TOO long since I`ve seen this movie.  Troma truely rocks.  in the dept. of truely weird it rates in the hall of fame.  a few other movies would make it into this,  a whole slew(?) of cannibal movies(`of course this is the 20th century...there`s no such thing as cannibals anymore` is the most common quote), the great `blood sucking freaks` and, if you have ever seen this one...I still shudder to even think about it...`meet the feebles`(shudder!)  albiet m.t.f. was WAY over the top(what can you expect from a bizarre `muppet` movie featuring every bodily function known to man and a fox singing a song titled `sodomy`?)
alicia
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2003, 02:07:55 AM »

A great movie!  One of the best I have seen, in fact.  Its got cheesiness, hilarity, campiness and a moral.  What more do you want?
The Amazing Fat Man
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2003, 12:53:22 PM »

A perfectly watchable gore and sex movie.
Hendo
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2005, 06:10:37 AM »

The Toxic Avenger is a s**t movie very boreing form the start to the end? But Class Of Nuke Em High thats what you call a film!! You ever see the video any where buy it ppl......
Steve
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2003, 04:00:45 AM »

I really love the movie the Toxic Avenger. My favorite part in the movie is that in the health club, were the sauna is at, the girl is masturbating on the sauna and then when she first thought it was her boyfriend, under the cloth she took it off and found out that it was the toxic avenger.
night heron
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 09:24:15 PM »

Wow the ultamate dream of any 95 lbs weakling and nerd get yourself knocked into toxic wasstes and before you can say SHAZAM  your a big munant monster and all around god guy well gollie sgt carter
Teddy G.
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You know what I think? Sombody should do a REMAKE of this movie! Why not? Their's already been movies made about Spiderman,Batman,The Hulk,The Punisher, and (of course) Superman! WHY NOT TOXIE?!?!
Kristen
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Just so you know, the girlfriend's name is Claire, not Sara.
giant claw
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2005, 09:17:52 AM »

Yep one minute he was a 95 pound weakling he falls into a vat of chemicals and SHAZAM he is now a big hulking good guy battling villians wow what a hunk
junkish
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2007, 05:43:21 PM »

i bought this movie on dvd, then found out it was a heavy censored version.
made the movie pretty zzz hehe
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Toxic Avenger « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.