Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:26:10 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Reptilicus « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Reptilicus  (Read 110598 times)
joe rad
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

just taped this off the sci-fi channel. i couldn't find my other copy. a great movie! love petersen! the general's personality is great too. he's so freaking stressed!i'm trying to find other movies available with carl ottosen. does he act that way in other flicks?
Joey Fergueson
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I like it as a classic movie but the animation needs improvement.  I like Reptilicus's roar ; it reminds me of my favorite Godzilla classics! I think the best thing about the movie is that it has a particularly awesome story line.  The snake-like appearance of Reptilicus will please any reptile enthusiast!  I think Reptilicus is a well-made B movie
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2002, 06:26:25 PM »

I like the scene where the people of Copenhagen were panicking.  Did any of these people put powder?
Xbalanque
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I think a few things areworth noting.
1. Even though lizards can regenerate tails, this stupid dragon thing has the regenerative capabilities of a sea star
2. Did they actually use a paper cut out of a guy when Reptilicus ate some dude?
3. Despite the fact that its a dragon with four legs and a pair of wings, the creature never flies anywhere and its forlegs are continually tucked into its chest while it rears up making stupid noises.
4. Is it just me, or did the acid it was shooting look like neon silly string?
5. Its been a while since I seen this...Did the so-called heroes and swooning women ever actually leave that laboratory/warroom?
John
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A cool flick for it's or any other day. And yes, not only did it play a role in the "Green Acres" TV episode, but has also made inumerable cameos in other shows/movies (including the old "Monkees" TV show)! I like the slime and the people falling off the bridge and into the river with Reptilicus subsequently shown dunking for apples!
Mark Spangler
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hmmmmm... a big monster eating buildings that don't have things like " ##7^@*&)(%&*$^@ " printed on them.  

Hey, wait a minute!  This ain't Tokyo!  Folks in Denmark have those big varmits too!  

This flick is pretty bad and (judge me if you may), the name Repticillus sounds vaguely sexual, and the head and neck of this monster looks like an evil penis.  Of course, it just could be the bad shrimp I had before screening the video talking to me.

I have a theory.  I think people only post these things to read them and never read anyone elses.  Is this true?  

E-mail me a reply and tell me if this is true.  And keep in mind that I have written a number of reviews here that I think are pretty good, so look for them.  They're real.

I'll read yours if you read mine.

In conclusion, the poor special effects regarding the monster left me a little cold.  Two kernals out of a possible five for this upper European dinosaur.
The Danes
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2003, 05:34:07 AM »

We are a couple of danes, who just want to say: THIS MOVIE ROCKS. It actually had an award for being the worst movie ever made. But the caveman in overalls is actually one of the greatest actors in danish movie history. He used to play in comedies... and is actually quite good for danish standards
Swamprat
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Danish Standards?...Geeze...I'm really sorry guys, really sorry. I've read several things about him since finding this sight...I'd love to see him in something "Good"...I don't doubt for a moment that he was talented. A lot of great actors did some trully rancid roles over the years. Ever see Lawence Olivier play General Douglas Macarthur? PAINFUL! John Wayne as Ghengis Khan? Wallace Beery as Pancho Villa? Tyrone Power as Jessie James? Joan Crawford in Trog? Maybe if all these actors had had rubber snakes to play off of, these rancid movies would have at least been amusing. Great word...RANCID...well suited to many a film these days. At least back in the heyday of the Bs no one expected much and movies like Reptilicus was just cheap fun for everybody envolved. Today we have to shell out big bucks to see some huge star bulls**tting his way through some overhyped piece of "Blockbuster" summer crap. I find little movies like Reptilicus much more enjoyable...all these years later and people still talk about it. I know many, including myself who would go and pay top dollar to see many of these funky little B numbers on the big screen again. We don't have revival houses around here...but I think one would do fairly well. In my earlier comment on this film I remarked "Avoid this snot licker." That was just a figure of speech. It's a truley bad film, and like any truly bad film...it's a hoot to watch and to use to drag other unsuspecting victims into the pit of bad movie mania with. Go Denmark! Watch out for them snakes though...
Nene Murakami
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

In the scene where Reptilicus attacks a beach, I saw a store that sold perfume.  What brand of perfumes do Danish people put so I can buy one myself.  I also put powder like Johnson's baby powder and I want to know if the people there  put that as well.
Launcelot Rolaids
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Why don't they show this movie on television anymore?  I notice that there is a lot of similarity between this and the Aqua video "Cartoon Heroes".  Clue:  they are both from Denmark.
stick
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

last year I took a class i which we were supposed to watch Reptilicus. I still don't know why...

anyways, our teacher told us that all the scenes with reptilicus in them looked really good while filming and in editing, but at the grand opening, everything looked as hilarious as we think it is. Actually, the producers sneaked out during the movie because of embarrassment...
great movie though. I laughed so hard  that i nearly threw up when i saw the flying scene...
Jensen
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Giant monsters are always attracted to Japanese architecture, even in Europe they will find and destroy a pagoda."

That's probably because there is a pagoda in Copenhagen.
Gary Owen
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

To quote my lat Mom(all serious.............NOT!):

"What a TERRIBLE day that was."

THAT was Mom at her finest!!!!

You ain't seen NOTHING until you have witnessed the WRATH that is REPTILLICUS!!!!!

I brought a copy over to Copenhagen and not ONE Dane ever even heard of the flick!!! Gee I wonder why!

That's not ALL!!! They filmed this movie in both ENGLISH and DANISH! There are some BIG differences too!!! The Danish version is longer,has a silly love story,that dopey Peterson guy(a Danish comedian and so i am told was actually a rather respected funny guy in DK!)sings a song for a bunch of little Danish kids called: Who's Afraid Of Reptillicus?",Reptillicus does not spit the green acid slime,he flies(!!!),attacks GERMANY and is NOT hungry for farmer meat!

What's even funnier in the DK version,is the AMERICAN General Grayson,who the Danish directors LOVINGLY portray as an arrogant trigger happy war veteran(you know how those AMERICANS are!!!!Silliness!),somehow someway speaks DANISH. If you have ever heard this OBSCURE language you'd know what I mean!

I was fortunate enough to have the Danish version translated for me while I was in Denmark.

This truly is the classic to end all classics. Best when viewed in Scandinavia just so you can get a glimpse of the Scans shaking their heads in disbelief!!!! Oh I can hear them ROAR when General Grayson is asked if there is anything that can be done for him:

"YES! GET ME TRANSFERED OUT OF THIS DAMNED PLACE!"

gordonarkell
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw this when I was a boy in the 60's and 70's. I thought it was great back then. Now? Worst film ever. Why do people still watch it? Why does anyone still sell it? Why do we look it up and write about it?
Cuz it's better than a Keanu Reeves movie!

Dole Hemp plan
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2005, 07:21:29 AM »

I was proud of my self after seeing this film.  I now consider myself a true b-movie fan.  One thing I noticed, or was it just me, was that it was narated by several different characters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Reptilicus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.