Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:09:20 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cemetery Man « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Cemetery Man  (Read 71588 times)
NetFrog Alpha
« on: April 10, 1999, 11:12:26 AM »

Cemetary Man is an excellent movie. It mixes all the things people want to see in a Bad Movie: naked chicks, flesh eating zombies, decapitations, multiple (and random) murders, and fights with undead nuns! There are definitely several rewind-scenes, and some of which will have you laughing your head off! And on top of that, the story behind it is far above par. I say check it right now.
Butch
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 1999, 08:31:58 PM »

The opening scene is almost the best thing about this movie.  Later, you'll agree that it sucks when you have to kill the reanimated corpse of your recently deceased girlfriend, only to discover she wasn't deceased after all!  And finally, ...all the world's a stage, and we are merely players!
Stefan Reid
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 12:46:52 PM »

One of my favourite movies of all time, the whole movie was excellent, and so was the ending, it made me think, i can remember just staring at the screen when the ending came up.  Rupert Everett was awesome.
Samanthab
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 1999, 06:23:08 PM »

Okay, the plot is so nonexistent at the end I nearly had a Nicholas Roeg attack. What of that naked widow? Holy crap! Nagi was absolutely hilarlious. You can tell the director was a protege of the most famous splatter Italian director, but I can't think of his name. Altogether cool, but the end was upsetting.
Warren H.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 1999, 01:21:52 PM »

I guess it's good that somebody likes this movie, since it was obviously a labor of love.  Cemetery Man sure isn't my cup of tea ('cause I found it boring), but to each his own, I guess.
Bill Z. Bub
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 1999, 01:20:44 PM »

The Girl is Anna Falchi.  She is THE Babe.
The TOTAL Babe.  Oy, vay!  Oh, my god, I think I'm going to faint just thinking about her...

Oh, yeah, and the movie kicks ass, too!  It's what is supposed to happen when you make a horror film into an art film.  (Lots of exsistential crap an' stuff.)
Philco
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 1999, 08:28:53 PM »

Check out Gnaghi in "The City of Lost Children".  He's the guy with the BIG head and the funky eyepiece.
Oxo Mops
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2000, 10:56:16 PM »

A good italien zombie-sex film? Is that possible?
Well, seeing is believing.
Paul H.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2000, 02:08:56 PM »

Well, I can't really rate this film as I'm to busy saying "What the hell".

I'm pretty sure I like it.  And I pretty sure it's a good movie.  But I'm not sure my brian wants to accept these facts.

Somewhere between a 6 and a 8 out of ten.

Genius or messed-up you be the judge.

(although "The Dark Backwards" Is ten times more messed-up)

paulwestbrook
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2000, 10:33:15 AM »

What can I say? I love zombie movies, so no doubt about it, I would probably recommend this film strongly. Anyone want to tell me their favourite low budget films contact me at paulwestbrook998@hotmail.com
Vermin Boy
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2000, 10:19:53 PM »

Wow... *weird* movie. Can't say I'm too fond of the ending, but I love other aspects: Gnaghi, the mayor ("How are *things* down at the cemetery?"), the subplot with the mayor's daughter's head (the scene where Dellamorte walks in to see the head singing to Gnaghi had me LMAO), the extremely hot girl, the odd obsessions with phone books and dead leaves... Sort of a sexy, foreigny Evil Dead with David Lynch overtones. Except for the ending, it's my kind of movie. Oh, yeah, and the title character is played by Rupert Everett, who would make it big in American movies a few years later.
jason hyde
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2000, 03:57:14 PM »

quite possibly the best horror film of the last decade. really. not that its competition is particularly imposing or anything. still, this would be impressive against just about anything. a great gory horror movie, a hilarious black comedy, and finally a weird existential art flick. just great. soavi showed promise with earlier films like the sect, but here he really delivers. beautifully photographed with lots of absurd humor.
some trivia points for people so inclined - this is based on the italian dylan dog comic, the main character in the strip was patterned after star rupert everett. the whole subplot of dellamorte deciding to have his penis removed for a woman who changes her mind about sex in his absence is an elaborate reference to the tod browning/lon chaney classic the unkown. there's also two references to vertigo in cemetary man. enjoy...
Katherine
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2000, 01:46:45 AM »

Anybody undertand this movie? I mean, killing zombies is all good and fun, but then the film just veers off onto a whole other astral plane. I just sat there at the end and said, "Huh?". And shame on you, no mention of Rupert Everett, and he's the main character! I wonder what fans of My Best Friend's Wedding would think. . . .
swykk
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2000, 04:53:16 PM »

i have the uncut version of this under its original title and there's tons more nudity n gore!!!  rupert has his best role EVER here.  the best is the ramdom drive by shooting spree.  there's nothing wrong with gatuitous violence so f**k you mpaa!!!
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2000, 05:34:24 PM »

The makers of this film could have driven a busload of American tourists off the cliff and nobody would have blinked an eye, but, a busload of young Italian boyscouts, who were Catholic? This scene and that scene in LOTWW, makes me think that not only our webmaster, but Europeans have something against the boyscouts. Anyway, a great scene, and a great film.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cemetery Man « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.