Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:09:54 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Frankenhooker « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Frankenhooker  (Read 49134 times)
Brandi
« on: April 06, 1999, 09:05:21 AM »

Trivia note: The weatherman predicting the thunderstorm Jeffrey uses to reanimate his girlfriend is 60s horror-show host Zacherley.
Nickster
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I only picked this tape up for one reason-- my favorite Penthouse Pet, Susan Napoli, is in it as 'Stephanie Ryan.' Yeah, she's in it for all of five minutes, and doesn't have any lines. She barely has time to take off her top and french-kiss Kimberly Taylor before she explodes! Ah well. Pet of the Year Patty Mullen looks nice too, and she's genuinely funny!  :)
shemp77@excite.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 1999, 09:56:50 PM »

FRANKENHOOKER is by far one of the best "bad" movies of all time. From the talking video box to the extra nudity in the unrated version, this film is chock full of memorable scenes and dialogue. I can't decide between the guy at the bar and Zorro the Pimp as far as who my favorite character is. The guy at the bar says the immortal line, "When a man loses his ho's, he loses everything". To which Zorro replies, "I didn't lose 'em, they just blew up!" Later, Zorro utters my favorite line in the movie. Pounding on the hotel room door, he yells, "Hey b***hes, open up!"
legumeman@yahoo.com
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 1999, 02:06:18 AM »

I loved this film! The exploding hooker scene is one of the best scenes in movie history.
big ern
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2002, 04:49:20 AM »

I bought this film on DVD the other day. Having read the back of the box it sounded fairly entertaining but how wrong could I have been? Dull, slow, terrible acting and effects. Total s**te.
paulwestbrook
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 1999, 12:36:59 PM »

When I first saw this movie, I did not know what to expect. Now that I have, I have to say that it was not all that bad. Of course a lot of people tell me that Frankenhooker signifies the bottom of the barrel for the Frankenstein genre, but who cares? I enjoyed it. If there was an award for Top B movie of the week, this would get my vote. Does anyone agree? Please let me know Bmoviephiles. Thank you for listening. RENT THIS FILM NOW!
mike
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2000, 04:08:26 AM »

I rented this movie for my semi monthly crappy movie night.  Of the other movies rented: Dolamite, Black Gestapo, and various unsundry others, Frankenhooker was by far the best.  I absolutely loved the super crack.  Every scene in which the pimp is present is rife with fantastic dialogue.  Where's my money at b***h for example.  The movie also takes a controversial, but oh so true look at the seemier side of New York at night.  I recommend it to all.
Paul H.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2000, 12:13:36 PM »

One of the best dead girl friend, exploding hookers b-movies of all time.  much like the excellent Re-animator (number 1 not 2) but with a different flavor.  Good story with nice turns, and characters with semi-relistic behavior; (for insane people).

4.5 green globs.
raspeez@hotmail.com
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2000, 07:55:27 AM »

Dont praise this movie. Except for the hooker body parts chasing the crack pipe, an amateur peep show would be more entertaining (whens the last time you rented a video for a quarter?)
mike
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2000, 06:23:59 PM »

I know the director (Frank Henlenlotter-Basket Case series), he went to High School with my psychiatrist. Oh, and great gratuitous nudity.Zombie Hooker's rule!
Dan Marsico (Trevor the Rat)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2000, 02:42:21 PM »

Oh my God, I love this movie! James Lorinz is great as the eccentric mad scientist, jersy boy, jeffery franken and Patty Mullen is awesome as his girlfriend frankenhooker. i seriously think patty mullen looked really cute in that doctor's outfit in the last scene. The Hooker leftovers resemble belial of basket case a little too much, well, at least the honey mutant does. If you love this movie as much as I, send me a message on instant messager at BRAINDEAD DM!
Chadzilla
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2000, 05:51:38 PM »

Though it has its cumbersome and slow moments, there is enought zany personality to be found in Frankenhooker to make it worth a look.  One of the most out there satires of Frankenstein (and Jerseyites) made, Frankenhooker makes me wish Frank Hennenlotter would be able to make more movies.
Macabre Matt
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Top film directed by "Basket Case & Brain Damage" Frank Henenlotter. Has some great scenes of whore's exploding and how Frankenhooker begins working the streets, a'la 1987's remake of Blood Feast, "Blood Diner". But tell me would you really want to pick her up?!!
The Necrofile-Crocodile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2002, 06:26:06 PM »

Only for psyched trash-freaks.
Dano
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2002, 04:22:34 PM »

You know I first heard about this movie in the 3rd grade from a friend.  All these years I thought it was just an urban legend.  Thank God for the internet.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Frankenhooker « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.