Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:14:42 PM
713355 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Howard the Duck « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Howard the Duck  (Read 167829 times)
JemGirl
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Howard the Duck is a really stupid, bad movie. But it's FUN. Despite everything wrong with it and all the silliness (especially the obvious midget-in-a-duck-suit, bad acting and script) it still managed to entertain and make me laugh. Lea Thompson was great as Beverly and her interaction with Howard was cute. The best thing about the movie were the songs that Cherry Bomb sang, "Hunger City" being my favourite. The soundtrack ROCKS. I love 80s music and wish the soundtrack was on CD.
George
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love this movie! LOVE IT!!!! The constant duck puns are duckin' hilarious! (See, it's contagious!)Then, there's the pre-"Mystic River" Tim Robbins (PHILLSY!!!!!). I saw this one 3 times at the movies. Remember, it only played for about 2 weeks. I wish Universal would get off their ducks...er, I mean, duffs... and release the DVD. I'd love to hear the commentaries and see some deleted scenes. This one belongs in some type of time capsule and shown to future generations of cinephiles who are morbidly curious about the 1980s and its cheesy entertainments. Especially the now horrific fashion trends, in which case, you'll want to include a "Full House" marathon (pre-1990, of course). Gotta love that Uncle Joey! In short, "HTD" quacked me up!(Sorry, couldn't resist one more.)
Ford Harrison
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Without a doubt this is the single most undeserved trashed movie of all time. I saw this movie in the theater on it's opening day back in '86 and have seen it countless times since. It's like a fine wine--it gets better with age. I have a very worn VHS copy that has been watched by my kids almost as much as I have. Lets hope that a Special 20th Anniversary DVD Edition will be released in '06. Give me Howard anyday over the way to serious comic book adaptations shelled out these days.
Doward the Hack
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is the best film that emerged since Big Bang. Yet no region has a DVD release of it! Lucas, wake up - it's so much better than "Attack of the Clones", and the Howard suit is an infinitely better actor than Hayjerk Christensen will ever be, even if he's murdered and reincarnated as Marlon Brando!
angel
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2005, 10:53:03 PM »

This is one of those movies that can always put you in a good mood. Honestly no matter how bad is your life is you can atleast have a few good laughs, and for 86 it does have awesome graphics. Last Howard is just too cute, I wanted to marry Howard when I grew up (Hey, I was 6 when this movie came out)
haley
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember watching this movie when i was 13. I loved it! I think that people hate it now because movie making has changed alot since 1986... but back then it was really cute. I haven't seen this movie in years and kind of forgot about it until now... i think i'll go rent it for my kids... i know my 6 year old son would LOVE it.
Cathy
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm probably old enough to be everyone's grandmother and I loved the movie. Jeffrey Jones was even better than he was in "Ferris Buehler's Day Off". Duck Power!
Angie
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ok..just to show how young I am....I remember watching this movie when it first came out to rent....when I was four.  I liked it so much (obviously didn't understand anything at the time except this duck was talking and acting like a human)it became habbit to pick it up every other weekend when my mom and I went to rent movies.  I haven't seen it in a few years but I can say there is no other movie (well, maybe the Christmas Story) that I can watch over and over again for 19 years and still still get a kick out of it.
Rollo
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2005, 06:32:41 AM »

Hey, NO FAIR... A CULT CLASSIC... HOWARD RULES
Brandee
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've always loved this movie. I don't understand why people think it's so terrible. I've seen it so many time over the past 18 years I can't even count them all. I really hope that it comes to DVD soon. I already have it on VHS. No matter how many times I see it, it always makes me laugh. Who knew a movie about a duck could be so funny?
scott
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2005, 06:43:13 PM »

I always thought the biggest problem with this movie is so many people take it seriously, if you go in with that mind set you will be very disappointed. If not its cute in its own way and just to see Lea in her underware alone is worth seeing it, man she was hot in that flick.
Robert M.
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I must have seen this film at least 20 times when I was a kid.  It ran on cable a lot in the early 90's.  Despite its bombing at the box office and general lack of interest by the public, I still love it.  Its a classic from my childhood and I'll never say a bad word about it.  Always remember, keep your Dark Overload well charged and don't catch Space Rabies.
Aaron Christian
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Howard T. Duck Is one amazing-fun movie
If you take it too seriousally, Its not fun
Its one of the greatest cheesy movies ever!!
mr.YoShI(fr)eaK aka Levi Jamison Reed
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I dont give a crap about what the people say about this movie being bad.How can major fans of the comic book series(including me)hate such an awsome movie!!!!!!!!!!!This sci-fi/action/comedy flick is a godsend!I plan to get the dvd on ebay eventually.Ive seen many previews and snapshots of Howard The Duck:The Movie and it looks totally awsome.So anyone who hates this movie,I dont want to hear your craaaaaaaaaaaaap,so just shut the heck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long live Howard The Duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(BY the way I disagree with Stupid Jacobs comment.Batman is also one of the greatest creations ever).

Please Air My comment.Im only a 14 year old guy who loves Howard The Duck anything.
MrKritik
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man, just HOW I HATE this movie. I don't know why, it always has frightened me as a kid, possibly for the very bad duck-a-like puppet. Also, this movie is TRASH-RULES style...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Howard the Duck « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.