Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:48:02 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: The Killer Shrews  (Read 95188 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The "shrews" are dogs wearing old rugs and scary masks, and they are eating everything in sight!  Meanwhile, Rosco P. Coltrane meets the scientists who created the giant shrews, and everybody has a drink...and another drink...and another drink...and another...

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:53:56 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2000, 01:06:41 AM »

Rosco P. Coltrane vs. dogs wearing carpet remnants! I love it! I love it!
lostmissy
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2000, 08:00:05 PM »

darn it!! I had always hoped that this movie was shot in someone's backyard using the neighborhood dogs and casual people who justed dropped in...oh well in spite of the "professionalism" involved, this is one hoot of a movie!!! It really has to been seen to be believed!!
Mark
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have only seen this movie on MST3K, and damn! It is just such a classic! The cheez just drips off of the TV when you're watching it. I *know* that if I ever come across some killer shrews in the wild, they will sound just like they do in this movie!
Allan
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

4/14/03
My 50 y/o brother and I (age 47) saw "Killer Shrews" when we were kids in the '60s and happened to remember it today. I looked it up on the internet and saw this review. We were absolutely freaked out back then. I'd really like to see this movie as an adult. Any idea where I could get a copy?

I'm an MST 3K fan but have never seen Killer Shrews on that show.
Chadzilla
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2000, 10:18:11 AM »

This is a great, little bad movie.  Monster dogs, er, shrews!  I especially love the comment Sheriff, uh , Captain Col..Thorne makes about trying not to think too much, pretty much explains how he went from this to The Dukes of Hazzard.  James Best was also in Rolling Thunder, a vigilante movie where he feeds William Devane's hand to a garbage disposal.  Goody goody.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2000, 11:05:40 PM »

I saw this the first time (yes, I've seen in several times) in the late 60s on "SciFi Flicks" on Saturday afternoon, when I was about 9 years old.  I THOUGHT they looked like dogs!  So I was RIGHT!  I knew it.
BIJOCO
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Basic premise of this thing is sound, and speaking of sounds,
one of the best things about the movie is the sound of the
shrews.  Some shrews can't swim, but others can.  Like
Sorex Bendirii, the pacific ocean shrew.  It runs on top
of the water and then dives down for its prey.

Just like the ones in the new movie they're making.
Alison
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I finally had the courage to type the words, "Killer Shrews" into my computer.  I first saw the movie when I was about seven and had nightmares for months.  Given the descriptions of dogs wearing rugs, this all seems a bit silly now, but believe me, for some reason I was terrified.  I need to see the movie now as an adult so I can lay all my fears to rest.  It sounds like I won't have any trouble doing so.
Georgiann
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Me too!  I don't care how much the shrews looked like dogs with fake fangs, this movie terrified when I was little and is one of the few that I had recurring nightmares about.  
Nick J
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

What is to dislike about this movie? There are shrews!! Everyone loves shrews, how can u not find them funny? Shrews 4 f*** sake! u know, the little mouse lookalikes, except with long noses!!
                             Laters
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2002, 08:48:20 PM »

I would just like to call to mind that this film came out in the sixtys and surprise, surprise, a black guy was iced first
Tralfy
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of my top ten most favorite 1950's B-Grade "Mad Scientist Makes Ludicrously Nasty Mutant Critters Which ,Naturally, Freak out, Escape from their Enclosures, and Chow Down on the Local Human Population" type flicks. (Got it on DVD!) Just the sort of thing that would run regularly on Saturday Mad Theater! Yep! Pretty pathetic and hokey looking monsters, but, hey! It was the 1950's and everyone was broker than the Ten Commandments in the City of Sodom! "Dogs Wearing Carpet Remnants"? I wouldn't rate the FX as being even that good! But, The again, if Were ever stranded on a remote tropical Island with a population of five and one Generator for power, Limited supplies, and three guns, and two of the guys are trying to kill each other, then I was suddenly confronted by a pack of ludicrously viciously mutated "Rats" that looked like Greyhounds or Dalmatians wearing Carpet remnants, I think I would be pretty darn terrified!...I always wondered what a Killer Shrew would be like as a guard dog..I mean, even though ordinary bullets work on them,(Quite unlike the even hokeier looking 1950's Werewolves) they got a really nasty defense of their own...I mean; they're almost cute until you find out about the poisonous saliva thing. If this flick were redone in glorious 21st century CGI you'd have five dopey people, one Well intentioned mad/ semi-mad scientist, some electrified fences, A couple of macho guys with guns, a somewhat more modern blond beauty screaming all the time, and some really dopey cliche's about the evils of Genetic Engineering ,and, of course, let's not forget about The Quintessential pack of Ultra-Vicious living killing machines running amok all over the place....Hey?! Wait a minute!..They did make the new Version in glorious CGI and with much better looking mutated animals  as the main antagonists & equally corny sub plots!...I think It's called "Jurassic Park"!*Hehehehehehe* But, I still say that Killer Shrews make better pets than do Mutant Velociraptors.......=^-^=
stephen
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2002, 06:42:23 AM »

The idea of this shrew film is a good one,being trapped on an island is something that humans respond to.How many times have you worried about being trapped on an island? I bet it has crossed your mind.
ShrewLover
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Killer Shrews" is one of the all time best bad movies - in the "so bad, it's good" category. I remember seeing it as a kid on one of those local Saturday night "Monster/Chiller/Horror Theatre" shows. It fills one with nostalgia. I'd take it any day over Freddy,Jason or Michael Myers. For those of you looking for a copy, I got mine at one of the area sci-fi conventions for $9.99. Look up Starlog magazine for dates to your next local convention or go to your local comic book/sci-fi store to find out dates.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.