Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:25:19 PM
712918 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The Killer Shrews  (Read 95179 times)
JBails
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is amazing. It has one of the worst plots in movie history. Also, I love the main characters "brilliant" ideas...that actually work! It's complete absurdity, but it's worth a lot of laughs.
nunyer
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 10:15:46 PM »

you can download the full movie, for free, at archive.org http://www.archive.org/details/The_Killer_Shrews
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 12:01:01 AM »

BounceGiggle

I have this on DVD and I still cannot believe that Sidney Lumet's Dad, Baruch, plays a mad scientist in it.

The movies' production design, set decoration and make up must have cost about $25.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 10:15:06 AM »

I almost bought this the otherday. it was on dvd.a double feature with the giant gila monster and the killer shrews.they are from the same director:kellog.He shot both movies in texas and were done at the same time.talk about a crammed schedule! it was only a 5 dollar dvd.
And on that note, did anyone else see the Animal Planet special where they used these two flicks to do a science of giant monsters programe?
Not a bad show.
Yep....gotta watch this with Mike and the bots.
Truth is, though, i found the "Waterdrum tank" kinda clever.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 03:44:26 AM »

They tried here, they really tried.
Tried to give every actor their chance to steal the show.
Tried to encourage reflection on overpopulation.
Tried to break away from those 'cheesy' puppet monsters.

It really seasaws from start to finish between laugh out loud funny and lower your head sad.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 04:01:50 AM »

It's interesting to see James Best as a lead...as I always think of him as the the giggling idiot Roscoe P. Coltrane. I wouldv'e loved to see him bust out into his giggle routine and Ken Curtis doing his Festus shtick while battling the mutts...er shrews! Just rewatched it last night. A good,fun movie! Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Adele Abrams
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2007, 12:42:40 AM »

I'm another child of the '60's who saw this many times on Chiller Theater and similar programs that featured B-horror movies ... and it scared the s**t out of me, too! Only now, as an adult, do I realize that these were doggies with bad rugs (so to speak) ... I had nightmares over this many times and actually never realized until years later what a 'shrew' really was. This movie worked on so many levels, that I can forgive the cheesy effects. Watch out ... the killer shrews are coming!   Buggedout
wanderarbeiter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »

I think my favorite part, besides the dogs, is the rampant alcoholism. 

A Masterpiece of Low Expectations
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »

Kind of like the movie VALLEY OF GWANGI where they make a prehistoric horse by sticking a fake nose and long legs on a small dog or the movie PLANET OF PREHISTORIC WOMEN and make a pteradactle from a duck
Gary
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2008, 05:14:17 PM »

I saw this flick when I was a kid and it too gave me nightmares for not months but years. It was filmed just around the corner from where I live now in Texas and to this day when I see a high fence....I think of the Killer Shrews. When I see a dog with carpet on his back....I think of Killer Shrews.
 you can get a copy at Sinester Cinema and I have two copies. Seeing this as an adult does calm some fears from Childhood BUT.....when those damn Shrews burst in the house OR try and bite under those barrels I still cringe in fear.
 There are also model kits of the escape scene around.
I would LOVE someone with vision to re make this movie with good effects and even more important...good acting. THAT was the worse thing about this movie by far. But folks...next to Psycho this one scared the crap outa lots of young kids and adults in its time.
kennyb50
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 12:03:21 AM »

saw it a couple of times when i was 7 or 8. scared me s**tless.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2008, 08:02:13 AM »

Updated the review, and bumped my rating for this to a full five slimes.  I have constantly come back to "The Killer Shrews" over the years, and every time I found it to be a blast.  The dogs in costume, the drinking, and the dialog are all just amazing b-movie cheese.

I used the newer DVD release by Legend for the updated review; anyone who loves "The Killer Shrews" (and "The Giant Gila Monster") should check it out. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2008, 01:19:46 PM »

I saw this movie a few years ago, I think it was my first black and white movie EVER!!  besides Three Stooges shorts that is.  Still, a great film.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2008, 08:00:53 PM »

All I have to say is ....
"Kill-er Shrew! Kill-er Shrew! Don't know the diff-rence 'tween me or you! They come out at night, to give you a fright! Don't look now but they're gonna take a bi-ite!"

Gotta love this flick and the MST3K episode that heckles it. God bless dogs dressed in carpet remnants.....  Cheers

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2008, 08:56:21 PM »

What can you say about a film that stars Roscoe p. Coltrane, Festus Hagen and one of the founding fathers of Top 40 radio, Gordon McClendon. McClendon and his father owned not only radio stations but several drive-ins in Texas. This and Giant Gila Monster were made to be shown at those drive-ins. McClendon also created the 24 hour news radio format, which influenced CNN and other cable news outlets.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.