Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:27:02 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Killer Shrews  (Read 95195 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2008, 12:48:01 AM »

Gosh I haven't seen this flix in a while but I remember it was so bad it was funny, as many movies if this genera are. I have it in one of those 50 movies sets, likely not the best print out there.

Sergej
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »

Thanks for watching this thing for us!  In the case of the Happy Puppy-Dogs^W^W^WGiant Killer Shrews, we've also got the MST3K version, and one at Bad Movie Report:

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/reviews/K/kshrews.html

This one can be found by googling "drunken shaven festus", which fact alone makes it worth a read, in my humble opinion.
cwalker
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2008, 07:15:04 PM »

we bought our copy of 'killer shrews' at the dollar tree, or walmart. it's one of the cheap-o $1 movies. after the kids watched the mst3k version, they wanted to own it. they love adding their own comments like the bots, and sing the 'killer shrew' song that mike wrote and sang.
my observation: never judge a house (or shack) from the outside. it only LOOKS like a one room shanty, but in fact it is a many roomed shanty. classic b movie material. the webmaster is right about the drinking. i no longer drink, but if you played a game where you pour a drink everytime THEY do on screen?! HOLY COW! (but it would make the movie all the more enjoyable i suppose...)
(ps, the $ store also is where we bought our copy of the original 'little shop of horrors", and 'the brain that wouldn't die") TeddyR
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008, 01:54:35 AM »

The "shrews" are dogs wearing old rugs and scary masks, and they are eating everything in sight!  Meanwhile, Rosco P. Coltrane meets the scientists who created the giant shrews, and everybody has a drink...and another drink...and another drink...and another...

BounceGiggle TeddyR: Oh no! It's a dog wearing a rug!  BounceGiggle

Thanks Andrew: I have this, I should watch it again. Those sets must have cost about $1.50 and I think they borrowed some of my rugs for the dogs.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jormungandr
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2008, 01:16:04 AM »

Quote from:  link=topic=111612.msg116494#msg116494 date=1018662500
I would just like to call to mind that this film came out in the sixtys and surprise, surprise, a black guy was iced first

If I recall right, didn't he throw a loaded revolver at the shrews before his untimely demise?
JPH
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2008, 01:18:01 PM »

I have both the MST and regular versions of this- both work nicely- the scenes of Jerry drunk are my favorites in both (there's a short one that's cut from the MST version), and the Merrimac-like tub thingie they fashion at the end cracks me up. ^_^ *quoting Joel* "Dive! Dive!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 04:16:52 PM »

Quote from:  link=topic=111612.msg116494#msg116494 date=1018662500
I would just like to call to mind that this film came out in the sixtys and surprise, surprise, a black guy was iced first

If I recall right, didn't he throw a loaded revolver at the shrews before his untimely demise?

Rook fires his pistol at the shrews before climbing the tree.  I do not remember him ever throwing it. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flu-Bird
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2010, 12:19:22 AM »

Take a dog cover it with old carpet scraps fit it with a nose peice with fangs are PRESTO you have KILLER SHREWS I mean killer shrews with wagging tails
kevin escobar
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 08:18:30 PM »

This is shrews are like mutant dogs. Question The real shrews are like rats.
Tony
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2011, 09:15:54 PM »

I bought the movie "The Killer Shrews" for $3.99 on DVD at a super market. When ever i go to a store and they have a cheap dvd display, i check to see what they have. I laugh when i saw it and couldn't believe it.
Tony
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2011, 09:21:28 PM »

The one guy is Fetus from the TV Series "Gunsmoke". Ken Curtis Play "Fetus" and was the producer of "The Killer Shrews"
Avery
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »

If you love the original film you'll be excited to find out that a sequel is finally coming now some 52 years later and with the original star James Best - a living legend- reprising his role as Captain Thorne Sherman!!!! To find out more search Google for "Exclusive Details Return Of The Killer Shrews" !!
photomonkey
New Visitor

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »

I am so happy to read how others had nightmares from watching "The Killer Shrews" as a child...now I don't feel quite as embarrassed!
   I saw this when I was 8 or so on the Saturday late night horror movies....in my area, it was "Chiller Theater." I actually had nightmares for a few nights afterward....the only movie to ever affect me like that. Looking back, I can only ask.....how? And of course, blame it on my impressionable 8yo brain! Since it was the early 70's, I'm wondering if the dogs in carpet remnants and the popularity of shag rugs combined to give this flick a tactile horror or maybe it was a latent fear of the shag carpeting that made the 'shrews' scarier. A shag rug with teeth...(shudder!)
   Love this site.....now I've come across some movies I haven't thought about or seen since I was a kid.
Pacman000
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »

I can see how this could scare a kid.  It's about as well paced as Them, or the Blob, and the scary scenes are about as good too.  If they spent a bit more time on the script they could have removed the silly bits, and wound up with a 50's classic! Oh, yeah, they would have needed better FX too.  Wink

Of course, if they did that, the movie might loose some of it's charm. Smile
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 09:23:30 AM »

I dig "Shrews," had heard of it for many years but had never gotten a chance to see it till it turned up in a "50 Horror Classics" box from Mill Creek that I received as a gift several years ago.

Funny thing, the male lead in "Shrews" looked so familiar to me the first time I watched it but I couldn't place him ... when the movie was over I looked it up on IMDb and was surprised to find out it was a young James Best, who would go on to portray Roscoe P. Coltrane on "Dukes of Hazzard."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.