Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:14:03 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The Killer Shrews  (Read 95177 times)
donnieb
New Visitor

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2012, 12:29:03 AM »

I am SO glad to have found this site!  So many of the people who've already left their thoughts on this site match mine:  it took me a long time, too, to get the nerve to type in the words, "Killler Shrews" into Google!  The last time I saw this movie I was about 9.  Somehow, I need to watch it now as an adult to realize it is really just a movie!

I saw this movie for the first time back in the early 60's at the age of  6.  My god, I was terrified!!  Probably, because the shrews could eat right through the walls is what REALLY added to the feeling of vulnerability.  Yes, I was terrified!  But, my sister, who was 6 years older than I, had nightmares off and on the rest of her life because of this movie!  As I matured, I stopped taunting and teasing her about it, as I realized that it truly was scarey for her! 

Maybe I'll be lucky and find this at Wal-Mart for $1.00 tomorrow.  Maybe I'll have to go online and pay more.  Either way, I have mustered the courage to acquire this movie to re-watch it.

Just before I began to add this post, I watched the trailer for the original B movie.  As corny as the 'shrews' look, and as poor as the acting is, it still made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.  But, I AM going to watch this movie - at least once more.  I do think, however, I'll invite a group of friends over, first! 
Ramadwarf
New Visitor

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »

This is a great black and white film! I think I watched it for the first time when I was about ten too, but I was in a cabin by a lake in France and it was on the horror channel. I'm not messing around either, that's where I was. It was a fishing trip. I was there with my Dad and his friend and the owner of the lake had satellite or something in the cabin.

For a kid this film is scary. It's one of those black and white films that hits the nail on the head. The music is shrill and petrifying, it has great evil atmosphere, the masks the dogs wear are actually mind-ingrainingly scary and they are always hungry and will get at you, no matter what. To top it all off if you survive an attack but the creatures have so much as scratched you, you're dead! As the lethal infection from their teeth spreads throughout you. I spent the rest of this fishing holiday pretty afraid.

I now own it in a box-set with 'The Giant Gila Monster' and 'Attack of the Giant Leeches'. It's a great little horror film and worth many, MANY watches. Show it to the kids if you want them to behave!  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Killer Shrews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.