Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:39:21 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Uncle Sam « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Uncle Sam  (Read 44330 times)
john
« on: April 28, 2003, 02:55:44 PM »

This movie is so boring....On a positive note the box of the movie kick ass!
Punk Rocker
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 1999, 11:54:08 PM »

I agree with you hear this movie was pretty bad, even for a bad movie.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 1999, 08:03:48 AM »

This movie is quite dumb, but it has some cool deaths.I would rate it *** out of *****.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 1999, 06:28:28 PM »

Check out  Uncle Sam at the end when he's shot by the cannon.   You can totally see the rope carrying him through the air.   What's even worse is the rope cuts through the side of the house!  They don't even bother to cover it up!

I loved this movie.   Probably one of the worst and funniest movies i've ever seen!

legumeman@yahoo.com
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 1999, 12:21:47 AM »

This movie takes too long to get into it and when it finally does, only delivers a mediocre ending. The only redeeming factor was when Uncy Sam got shot by the cannon, or wait, was that pulled away by a rope? I can't tell.
Don't worry! It's only friendly fire!

Your rating of 1 was spot on.
theobtuse_christ@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 1999, 03:47:14 AM »

Definitely not as good as Jack Frost,but there's one thing that I do love about that movie. The kid who played with fireworks. Apparently an M-80 going off in your hand makes you blind,wheelchair ridden and deathly pale. But with all your fingers.Dig that.
Quahogq@aol.com
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 1999, 03:59:10 PM »

Call me crazy(or downright insane), but I actually liked this movie.  But then again, I am a real push-over when it comes to zombie movies.  Hand me anything with an undead freak in it and there is a 95% chance I'll love it.  In fact the only three zombie movies that I've seen(And I have seen a lot)and disliked have been NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES, REVENGE OF THE DEAD, and PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES.  Well, anyway, this movie had some cool deaths and plenty of unintentional laughs, so I'll give it *** out of ****.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 1999, 03:49:31 PM »

My friends and I rented Uncle Sam in hopes of watching a movie that was so bad we could laugh at, but this was just plain boring.
ECTO@centurytel.net
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 1999, 12:20:52 AM »

What made this film so bad, was the horrible acting by the women who play Sam's wife , and his sister , and ,also, a couple of the situations were quite ridiculous . Sam Harper , abusive husband , and brother arrives back from Desert Storm charred black and enclosed in a coffin . The Army pays a visit to notify his wife of his death , and justs leaves the coffin at his ex wife's house , as if they have'nt heard of funeral homes!
After 2 dead bodies are discovered at the small town July 4th celebration, the festivities continue as if nothing happens .
There are enough funny moments and killings, however to keep this film entertaining , deserving of a couple drops of slime in my book .
reignsong@yahoo.com
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2000, 03:25:24 PM »

I will have to agree with the majority here, this movie blew. What is good about this movie is that our dear cheffy (Issac Hayes) is in it, and a hotty with nice breasts and buttocks. What really sucks is one nude scene that is just a reflection nonetheless, also who the hell wants to watch a parade and a hitler youth star in a flick about nationalism. But I learned Uncle Sam really is an a***ole!
dtwhitney@yahoo.com
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2000, 09:46:12 PM »

No, you are all wrong.  This movie was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time.  "Honey don't play with the coffin"  

The sack race is so classic... see this movie!
dcsking@yahoo.com
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2000, 09:53:03 PM »

I realize you guys like to rip on this movie because of the bad acting and things like that, but I think if you look further into it you'll find it addresses some serious issues. My dad died from being run up a flagpole on the 4th of July by an undead gulf war veteran, and I'm glad someone finally had the guts to portray it in a movie.
gburningham@yahoo.com
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2000, 04:22:50 PM »

Its easy to dismiss movies which are so viceral and so engrossing they are downright disturbing, i am afraid that is what has happened here.  Just because we are afraid of an 'uncle sam' who pursues draft dodgers, pot smokers, and peeping toms, doesnt mean we have the right to prentend such disturbing realities dont exist for some people.  Would i want to live in a world with an 'Uncle Sam'?  Certianly not, is uncle sam justified in killing kids who defile veterns graves and burn flags?  That is the question which the film presents and leaves the viewer to decide upon.
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2000, 09:15:15 PM »

I picked this movie up, not knowing if it was going to be any good since it is from A-Pix. But when I watched it, I thought "What the hell is this s**t?" The story was so weak, the acting was terrible, and Issac Hayes and Robert Forster (I think thats how you spell his last name) were wasted. Note: If you happen to rent this trash, at the point when they shoot Uncle Sam with the cannonball, you can see the cord pulling him through the air. Its as clear as day. Only rent it to see that part.
Mr. Mucus
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2000, 06:31:00 AM »

In a word "s**t". This is for hard core B-horror movie fans only!! Even then, view at your own risk! Gawd, it was awful! The only slightly redeeming thing was the visible rope when Sam gets blasted. The kid burning his old army toys was the most disturbing thing about this crapfest. Why torch good action figures?? Li'l a$$ole!! How did Sam com back to life, anyway? He just did. Brilliant. Whoever made this flick should be beaten severly.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Uncle Sam « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.