Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:22:38 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Rocky Horror Picture Show « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: The Rocky Horror Picture Show  (Read 161021 times)
Jenni
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I got this video for my christmas and soon bought the soundtrack because this production is amazing and should have its own "honoury day!"
I hope this never dies!
Here's to another 25 years of horror!
Kevin p. Schulte
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2001, 03:22:34 PM »

Best Musical in all of history. Fandemonium i say! I see it every chance i can in theatres and ATLEAST ONCE WEEKLY. Total count 167 and still viewing, the music is ALL good and with all the rice throwing etc in the audience it never gets boring. VIVA RHPS!
Georgiann
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's hard to talk about this as a movie because it's really more of a phenomenon.  Not to everyone's taste, certainly, but it srikes me as harmless, giddy fun for those who do enjoy it, and it does have some good songs and Tim Curry, always an asset.  It's not a GREAT movie, but as a phenomenon of audience-participation, it's unmatched.  
johndietsche
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

All the calls listed by Fenris are correct. There are some other calls but it will ruin the movie if everyone is doing something. So by all means go get your "cherry popped" at rocky horror and then TRY to complain about the movie. Is it a bad movie? yes. Is it a fun movie? Damn right. Just get into it. you'll see....

john
Bob Franknfurter Weymouth
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"it's astounding, time is fleeting, madness takes control...Let's do the Time Warp agaaiiann!"  Greatest Rock N Roll Movie of all time.  Which way Riff Raff?  What's your favorite TV Show?  I won't admit my age but it is old enough to know better.  I won't grow up.  Long Live, Rocky!!!
Thomas Hulstrøm
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2001, 09:19:49 AM »

Strange but entertaining film/musical. Some obscure and very funny scenes. Weird.
john's walrus //0-0\\
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

well, it's not necessarily a bad movie...not bad in the sense that, say, 'mod squad' was.  the reason the dialogue is kinda stupid is because that was the idea.  richard o'brien (not quite a god, but pretty damn close) had already written a bunch of songs for fun, then created some b-movie dialogue and b-movie situations and dubbed it 'the rocky horror show'.  tim curry kicks much ass in this film, he's so funny.  it's got great songs, funny lines, and, as the great curry said himself: 'every saturday night, there's a guaranteed party.  whether you have a date or not.'  oh yeah...//0-0\\\\
slrearth
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"It's just a jump to the left... and then..." Oh, right! This has got to be one of the best movies in the world!!! I sometimes even find myself singing the songs everywhere I go! RHPS ROCKS!!!!!!

P.S. LET THERE BE LIPS!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim Curry's Slut
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film is the best ever. If you haven't seen it in the cinema with full audience patici......(say it)......pation, I recommed you do... asap...... You won't regret it (however, do dress up, then you are less obviously a Rocky Horror Virgin... haha, VIRGIN!!!)
Swamprat
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This isn't a movie...it's an enigma. It came out when I was in the middle of high school...it bombed. It rose from the dead a few years later and my generation has never been the same. SEE IT IN A THEATER! If possible a theater where real veterans of the experiance are present. My daughter is now a fan and insists that the true meaning of life is in this one magnificient piece of art. I can believe her about 75 percent of the way. The "experience" is mind expanding...the philisophical implications are limitless. And the music! I have the complete score, in sheet form, by way of my daughter's fan club membership. It rocks! Best of all, it was mostly written for guitar by a guitarist...no freaky chords, very easy to master by anyone who plays and understands basic rock-guitar forms and techniques. The story! What story? A story...? This is love of an art form, people! Expressed on film with a dash of pananch and an all out attack on the senses and the conformities of mainstream consciences. Huge over-the-top production numbers somehow contained within a single test tube, easily hidden in one's hand or jacket pocket. Tim Curry in fishnets and high heels is an icon for every off the wall dreamer and wannabe who's ever had the misfortune of running afoul of his automated superiors. The original British version with the "Super Heros" scene intact is a must for the total effect. The thing still dazzles me after 25 years...once in awhile I'll even go to the real theater with my daughter to sit and yell at the screen and participate with this brand new generation of twisted time warpers...Frankies place is a gas! Janet's an Eisenhower era young republican slut, and poor old Brad...an a***ole's an a***ole, is an a***ole. My favorite highlight is Meatloaf exploding out of the freezer to wail Hot Patootie and play the sax. I love that guy! I have the German helmet to prove it.
Anne
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

First of all, I would like to tell y'all that I'm Dutch. Which means, I live in the Netherlands. Which means... no audience par-ti-ci-pation. Now, I can assure you, sitting on the couch with a friend and yelling "a***ole" at your TV set is just about as much fun as fighting Imps in Final Fantasy VIII. Not to mention the fact that the neighbours might start to wonder... RHPS rocks, and I truly hope that one day, I'll be able to experience real audience par-ti-ci-pation. Until then... let's just do the Time Warp again.
Tara
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Even if I'm 13, I love this movie, despite how everyone said it was corrupting me :).....i love the whole thing, and i love the crazy doesnt-make-any-sense ending......my fave movie of allllll time!!!!!!! I have even played Janet in a drama club prodoction at school!!! of course, it helped that my boyfriend was brad......and rocky was hot!!!!
a kick ass movie
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This has to be one of the most bizarre films ever made, but, having said that, Tim Curry got cheated, when he didn't receive an Oscar nomination for playing Dr. Frankenfurter in the film. He's that good in it. Enjoy!
Canadaphile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I REMEMMM-BERRRR doing the TIIIME-WOORRRP ...  I spent far too many Saturday nights at the Eighth Street Playhouse in Greenwich Village with the great Sal as MC.  I have the video, but rarely see it, preferring to "be it in the theater."  The video is an excellent training tool for virgins so they know when to yell, though.  It's not a movie to just sit and watch--in fact, if you've been it in the theater it's next to impossible not to yell back at the TV screen.  It's also next to impossible to see any of the actors from this movie in other roles and not yell things at them, particularly Susan Sarandon.  Even at "Dead Man Walking" someone yelled "Slut!" when she came on screen for the first time (no, it wasn't me, though I was mightily tempted).  The soundtrack is one of my Desert Island Disks as well.  I'd also agree with Swamprat that the best place to experience RH is in the theater with people who've seen it three hundred times!  And remember, it's no crime to give yourself over to pleasure.

All together:  "IT IS IN NEW JERSEY!"          
Steve
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

it's just the BEST FILM of all the Time!!!!
let's do the TIME WARP again TOGETHER!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Rocky Horror Picture Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.