Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:00:45 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Rocky Horror Picture Show « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: The Rocky Horror Picture Show  (Read 161012 times)
Mariele Runacre
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ok, there's not a chnace in hell anyone will believe me. But hey I'm gonna tell you anyhoo! Have any of you Rocky-ettes seen a film called 'Jubilee' ? It's a Derek Jarman film and stars our favourite writer Mr. Richard O'Brien himself. My mother was his co-star of the movie and hence now he is my Godfather. I have his original copy of the fabuloso Rocky Horror and it has a video sleeve that I have not seen since - it's a artists drawing of Frank, Riff Raff and Magenta and it's done in colour. Has anyone seen this cover before?
moira kizito
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2003, 12:24:29 AM »

I recently saw the movie again, I saw it ages ago and man! I have never laughed so much in ages, it was so funny well made and well scripted, Tim Curry is delightful as Franknfurter, everyone else was good too but he stole the show also I am not really into musicals but this is one good no bloody excellent movie..........
jean
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2003, 07:13:48 PM »

One more thing..  the whole object of the show is a spoof on old time horror movies..... listen to the lyrics of the opening song... most all the old horror shows were ridiculous but that is what makes them so classic...this show fits right in with the oldies making it an all time classic...how many double features are there in theaters anymore??? the good old days .. the good old movie theaters and the movies!! Laugh and the world laughs with you....this world could do with a bit more laughter
jean
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

IF you had gone to the show the year after it was released and PARTICIPATED with the audience you would not say it was a "bad" show!!.. The keyword is "show"..not real life or academy award winner. Participation and having a great time is the real aspect of this show!!... I remember carrying in all the props and using them (much to my astonishment) in the theater... every one helped clean up afterwards.. I have never had so much fun!!! But that was then and this is now... much of the fun things one could do years ago are now forbidden (sometimes I wonder what exactly is communism) and you get arrested for doing some of the stupid things!! I am now 53 yrs old and have a 21 yr old son.. I tell him about all the things I used to do and it is sad that most of them are illegal now!! What has happened to the fun and freedom in this world... Maybe everyone should be made to watch and actually participate in this show.. Laughter makes life a whole lot better...
SOG
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Watching this movie was like diving into a laundry basket full of dirty underwear.  It grossed me out. Really stunk.  I was in college when it first came out. As I was watching it I kept thinking to myself, "this isn't funny. what person would think this funny?". Yet lots of people loved it.  No accounting for taste.  I'm glad there was never a sequal.
timt
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's either your kind of movie or it's not.
No halfway houses.
It's either simply the best horror spoof,rock and roll,audience participation party you've ever witnessed(guess what I think) or it's the cheapest,trashiest load of tripe ever committed to the silver screen.

Personally, it's the dog's b......s!
Andie the Horrible
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Someone said (and I quote) "I'm sure glad there isn't a sequel"- Well guess what, folks- there is. And it's even WORSE than the original (in that oh-so-irresistible way). For all the RHPS-heads out there, check out the sequel, Shock Treatment. Its got enough "bad movie" quality to keep your head lolling and your eyes watering for a few hours more.
Amanda
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

DAMN RIGHTS this is a great classic movie that will still be great in 100 years!!! I think frank is the best!!! I was supposed to see it live this year, but damn work got in the way! Next Halloween I'm going to it for sure! (Screw my job, I'll find a better one!!!) And yeah I'm p**sed off!!!!!!!!!
Abby
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The thought of watching this AWSOME show makes me quiver with antici---pation! Tim Curry is hotter in drag than any chick in a skirt!!!!
VA
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Damn it Janet I love this movie. I can't resist this movie. It a step to the left. I can't watch this movie without singing to it everytime. Let alone the songs are left in my head for days. I'll constantly hum every tune. You cannot expercience life without seeing Tim Curry in drag.
tan (magenta rocks)
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

RHPS is not a movie, its a lifestyle choice, my life is now
beenturned into the script of the show, I quote lines in veryday life
 and send people insane.Friends who have seen RHPC understand
 and love t and those wo havent want to commit me to the ocal
nuthouse.columbia rocks and its good to see us Aussies do it best
 however Magenta shows us woman how to live our lives.  We are
 even having a 40th birthday party based on the movie but we are
 not telling the guests so it should be a good if not strange
surprise.  My best mate is a fan too ( Rocky is her favourite, but
Magenta would kick his ass) so we have another thing in common.
RHPS has changed so many peoples view of the world and will do
 so for many generations (our kids love it too).  
MAGENTA RULES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
Weird RHPS fan
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a great film, it may be slightly tacky but it's classic. Rock on, Rocky!
miss duke
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2004, 05:51:53 PM »

tim curry is a really sexy actor i love him soooooooooo much i. think that rocky horror would be my fav movie every
Megsie
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2004, 06:01:39 PM »

omg, ur all fools. THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST MOVIE TO WALK THE FACE OF THE HUMAN EARTH!! DO U HEAR ME ! THE EARTH. U CANNOT DENY THE TEMPTATION OF THIS MOVIE. COME ON PEOPLE, THERES NO CRIME IN GIVING YOURSELF OVER TO PLEASURE.
Marta
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hilarious movie. If you don't laugh, you are NOT stranger on this very strange planet...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Rocky Horror Picture Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.